[✗] [Revision] 50 Shades Of Krug

The Lion

But I did previously state that this lore, RPly, was written by many different writers and recorded by many different scribes. How could all of them, including eye witnesses, be wrong?

I prefer this to current canon honestly.

I continue to keep my stance on the Core Lore of the descendants and in no way do I think Krug was or should ever be mentioned as a woman. One of his noteable mates was named Grahla, the mother of Gorkil and Dom, how could Krug mate with Grahla and give birth to Krug's children if he were a she?

There is no point why there should be any change in the core lore when it's been set in stone for several maps. This sort of thing also confuses other players so it should stick to what is already laid out rather than something we are trying to change. 

30 minutes ago, MangoArt said:

But I did previously state that this lore, RPly, was written by many different writers and recorded by many different scribes. How could all of them, including eye witnesses, be wrong?

Because the apparently All-Knowing (but not so all-knowing) Wandering Wizard said Krug was a man, but why would a man care about his looks? Why would Krug have been different from the others and not given in to Iblees? Genders may have different desires and Iblees didn't know how to connect with Krug unlike the others who were easily swayed. Krug, as a woman growing up in that hell and becoming the leader of the war nation would've taken more strength than a man needed and was what strengthened her resolve against Iblees. What would you offer a strong independent woman? Not much, leading to a fight. In my experience in the service industry, I say with certainty (at least in the UK) that a woman is much more likely to kick-off and get aggressive. This leads me to believe that Krug was the Mother of War. The one who invented conflict for a limited resource, her babies.

@Marijuana
Grahla could've actually been a man. I have a heavy suspicion these were all written out of character based on Availer's first account and passed IC through usual methods that most lore is learned by IC. No-doubt doing that is going to set the tone for used pronouns. Rather than doing what I've done by coming to the conclusion IC  I will say that it may be confusing for players, but not the new ones. It's just confusing for the old ones to consider that they perhaps based everything they've written on the assumption that four brothers could populate the world. That's relevant only because I think it sets up the fact that our writers come from a male-centric point of view. This is a classic case of Mulan.

7 minutes ago, A Wandering Wizard said:

@Marijuana
Grahla could've actually been a man. Who is actually the character that wrote these lore pieces about the clan history, a shaman? I have a heavy suspicion these were all written out of character based on Availer's first account. No-doubt doing that is going to set the tone for used pronouns. I will say that it may be confusing for players, but not the new ones. It's just confusing for the old ones to consider that they perhaps based everything they've written on the assumption that four brothers could populate the world. That's relevant only because I think it sets up the fact that our writers come from a male-centric point of view. This is a classic case of Mulan.

Grahla couldn't have been a man. The Tale Of Dom actually starts out with Grahla giving birth.

9 minutes ago, MangoArt said:

Grahla couldn't have been a man. The Tale Of Dom actually starts out with Grahla giving birth.

Maybe orcs are like seahorses! This would make sense considering how few women they've historically had. (I notice a lot more these days tho). I'm jesting again, I don't actually think orcs are seahorses.

Maybe the character whom allowed the Tale of Dom to pass IC was mistaken or didn't want Krug to be regarded as weak because of the contemporary gender discrimination issues we face. Decided to say it was not Krug who gave birth, but this Grahla character. Gender discrimination runs deep. It's caused many women to take pseudonyms and pretend to be men just to be received with respect. I understand how this is a really big, "I am your father." moment for you, so conflicted, "It can't be true!"

12 minutes ago, A Wandering Wizard said:

Maybe orcs are like seahorses! This would make sense considering how few women they've historically had. (I notice a lot more these days tho). I'm jesting again, I don't actually think orcs are seahorses.

Maybe the character whom allowed the Tale of Dom to pass IC was mistaken or didn't want Krug to be regarded as weak because of the contemporary gender discrimination issues we face. Decided to say it was not Krug who gave birth, but this Grahla character. Gender discrimination runs deep. It's caused many women to take pseudonyms and pretend to be men just to be received with respect.

I doubt they would do that just to fend off gender discrimination, considering most Uruks view women as equals since they can smash stuff and pillage stuff just as good, and are just as honorable.

46 minutes ago, MangoArt said:

I doubt they would do that just to fend off gender discrimination, considering most Uruks view women as equals since they can smash stuff and pillage stuff just as good, and are just as honorable.

Dude yeah, I like debating with you. Orcs seeing women as equal is a huge thing here which would mean that even if Krug WERE a woman, it wouldn't actually impact that much. I suppose what I'm itchin' at here is that I believe Availer's ancient history contains flaws and oversights, whereby Krug was referred to as a man and this of course being the first piece of lore setup all lore that followed it. I'm suggesting that Availer was wrong based on the nature of Krug's curses. Why would Iblees think making Krug ugly would be a curse and why could Krug not be shaken like the others? This is the main point of the whole thing, I think that we're mistaken about the Four Races and the origin of people. Brothers and sisters would've been required for this pseudo-biblical creation story Availer gave us to make more sense than it already doesn't. In his account he himself states that he doesn't know some very key details about it all.

@h e x This is almost no effort on my end to produce these arguments, I feel the lore that I've read about origin suggests that one if not more of the original four were actually women. Most likely being Krug based on the seemingly random curse of extreme ugliness, the fact Iblees couldn't sway Krug like the others, and her founding of a closely-knit-tribal society. Keeping the family tribes together is something I align more mothers than fathers. I maintain that Krug was a woman and that Availer set writer's astray with his vague account everything following was based off of.

It's really not that insane to consider especially when you look at how many animals are larger or more fearsome than their male counterparts. Godzilla is female, so was Krug.

Thank you for submitting your piece! Unfortunately, between having a project concerning 6.0, evaluating the lore trials, and focusing on clearing out the pending lore, the team will be unable to have a loremag completed within a week. This will be put under review and a verdict will be given around the 29th (roughly 2 weeks from now). I apologize for the inconvenience.

Krug was cursed with Bloodlust, which would make him and his descendants "ugly" in the sense of how they behaved. The fact that Krug was corrupted and morphed was a byproduct of being the first to initiate combat, unarmed, and has nothing to do with anything else.

Good meme though.

This lore is denied. While it is an interesting take on Krug, we don't believe it fits the current setting and clashes with pre-established things (e.g. the four brothers). 

Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.