[✗] [Revision] 50 Shades Of Krug

The Lion

Hello again, Readers. Long time, no see. As I have further delved into the madness that is researching and making Humanity’s Blessing make sense to our current lore, I uncovered many other truthseemings along the way. Most just make me smile and nod, but after speaking to a fellow, senor_tortuga, in the orcish war nation recently, I was inspired to instead publish what I’ve uncovered about Krug:

KRUG WAS A WOMAN! NOT ONLY THAT, BUT SHE WAS AN ELF!

Yet, Mister Wizard, how could it be true?

I’ll tell you:

REFERENCES
https://wikia.lordofthecraft.net/index.php?title=Ancient_History

From the Wandering Wizard Availer’s Account of the Ancient History of the World, we learn many things. Such as the creation story and how the mortal realm to be. We also learn how Man and Woman were created and the offspring they had that were ultimately challenged by Iblees whom cursed them. It is widely contested by popular scholars that Iblees came to Aegis in the form of a dark elf woman. Focus now on Krug’s curse.

Krug was cursed with bloodlust. This makes sense as the orcs worshipped the warrior lifestyle and was punished by Iblees with a curse that would make them boil for blood.

"And you Krug, the most hated of The Descendants, you shall always have the lust of war. You are strong? Well the strength shall be used against your brothers, used to pillage and murder! Your lust for battle shall be unsatiated and your descendants shall grow ugly and heartless.

Krug was cursed with hideous looks that corrupted the skin and enlarged the body in disproportionate ways as a result of being the first to defy Iblees. Why in the Dead King named God’s name would a man who ruled a War Nation give two shits about his looks? Because Krug was a beautiful woman. That’s why. Krug cared about her looks, Iblees saw this and cursed her out of spite when Krug leaped at her to attack in the days of yore.

"Krug was the last to be tricked. Iblees tempted him with wealth, with food, with power. None interested Krug. Iblees was furious, challenging Krug in open combat in fury."

Now that we’ve established that both Krug and Iblees were two beautiful women, we can understand why Krug NEVER trusted Iblees and actually despised her. There is little room on this earth for two beautiful women to coexist. They will like Mean Girls, pick on each other and hate one another for almost no reason based on truth. This led to Iblees knowing she couldn’t win over Krug with lust like she had Malin, Horen and Urguan. This led Iblees to instead do the only thing a pretty girl can do to another. Beat her down in a duel. Thus sparking The Great War.

Yet, Mister Wizard, I totally see that Krug was a woman, but also an elf? That seems far-fetched, like you’re just trying to make the orcs mad at you intentionally.

Quite the opposite, I’m just pointing out the facts that the ancient history seems to spell out despite the dogged use of the male pronouns throughout the stories of Krug that would make it appear Krug wasn't a woman.

Take a good look at an orc. A really good freakin’ look. THEY HAVE POINTY EARS and drumroll please… they’re almost nearly as infertile as the elves in the completely opposite way. There’s too many orcs that are men, but not enough that are female. Just as Iblees cursed Malin to have many women, but few men which led to their own infertility. Krug must have been from elven-ilk before receiving the curse from Iblees.

urukrp.pngart by murdvish, found here:https://wikia.lordofthecraft.net/index.php?title=Uruks

So there you have it.

Krug was an elven woman.
Based on the fact that half of her curse was based on vanity.
Also based off the fact that orcs have pointy ears like no other race except that of elves.

I am 100% writing humorously because the material may come as a shock to nerdbois, but am also 100% not joking and want these insights to be considered. Women and men are people that share the same ambitions, flaws and virtues. I don't see how in any way it'd be far-fetched that Krug is a woman based off the reverence orcs actually hold for the few women they have. These women almost always reaching heights of power equal to their male counterparts. Crap, it'd even lend to Krug's credit as a powerful leader and warrior when considering she's actually a woman.

So yes, I can see there may be questions. I can even see arguments against this idea such as; Krug was cursed because of touching Iblees, not because Iblees cursed Krug! If that were the case, why would Iblees say, and I quote again, "and your descendants shall grow ugly and heartless.

Someone may even ask why it matters if Krug was a woman or not? It matters because the lore points to it being the case! An oversight by Availer whom referred to Krug as a he!

*Edit*
So maybe Krug wasn't a full blown elf because each of the first four did actually look alike. Meaning that the fact is a given that they'd be of the same ilk.

However, considering Krug as a mother instead of a father even provides insight into why orcs are so protective of themselves and their culture. The mother would've wanted to protect her children from bad beings like Iblees, Outsiders and Necromancers for example.

The lore is going to all be written in a male perspective that followed the first piece of lore simply because Availer said Krug was a man when it seems more likely Krug was a female.

No, no. There's an actual detailed character who was supposedly Krug's favorite mate. There's also a woman who they talk about who she was hella jealous of. 

This is a good read that should give you insight: https://wikia.lordofthecraft.net/index.php?title=Dom

Edited by MangoArt

Flip the genders and the story remains the same. Y'all got a reference for that claim? (he does, leading us to read about Grahla, the supposed mother of the major clans in an article written by Urara, famous orcish/human User. There are volumes about the births of the children of Krug and Grahla, yet was she just as mistaken as Availer? The outcome wouldn't change regardless of Krug's gender. The children born of the two that made up Gorkil, Dom, etc. would still be the gender they were written about as it's closer to modern history. As we delve into the ancient history, the record gets fuzzy. The official page on Krug stating, "Krug mated with Grahla, and together the two had many children who became the leaders of the first Orcish clans. It is unknown when Krug passed on, although the Journal of War in the Hidden Scrolls indicates he was killed in battle with Iblees."

We're uncertain about his death, but know all about the births? Seems fishy to me.

23 minutes ago, A Wandering Wizard said:

Krug was an elven woman.
Based on the fact that half of her curse was based on vanity.
Also based off the fact that orcs have pointy ears like no other race except that of elves.

Your argument has holes. Vanity isn't linked to gender at all, men can be just as vain as women can be. As for the pointy ears the four brothers all started out the same race I believe, it was the curses from Iblees and Aeriel that divided them into races.

1 minute ago, Aelsioln said:

Your argument has holes. Vanity isn't linked to gender at all, men can be just as vain as women can be. As for the pointy ears the four brothers all started out the same race I believe, it was the curses from Iblees and Aeriel that divided them into races.

Agreed. And even then, they still have some great genetic similarities. They have to for there to be half breeds.

5 minutes ago, Aelsioln said:

This is true, flaws are universal. It is also true that each race started from the same point. Yet, again, I ask why would Iblees think that making Krug ugly would be considered a curse? Krug had to have been beautiful. Why was Krug disinterested in Iblees? Krug may have been a heterosexual woman that wasn't swayed like Horen, Malin and Urguan.

edit: I'm having hella fun talking about this with you guys! It's really interesting to see what comes up in these sorts of historical debates. I like actually being engaged like this.

8 minutes ago, A Wandering Wizard said:

This is true, flaws are universal. It is also true that each race started from the same point. Yet, again, I ask why would Iblees think that making Krug ugly would be considered a curse? Krug had to have been beautiful. Why was Krug disinterested in Iblees? Krug may have been a heterosexual woman that wasn't swayed like Horen, Malin and Urguan.

edit: I'm having hella fun talking about this with you guys! It's really interesting to see what comes up in these sorts of historical debates. I like actually being engaged like this.

But you're missing a big thing. Iblees didn't curse him to be ugly, it was a result of years of combat with the Daemon and giving his face and body charred to a crisp.

1 minute ago, MangoArt said:

But you're missing a big thing. Iblees didn't curse him to be ugly, it was a result of years of combat with the Daemon and giving his face and body charred to a crisp.

I direct you to the final portion of my original post:

I can even see arguments against this idea such as; Krug was cursed because of touching Iblees, not because Iblees cursed Krug! If that were the case, why would Iblees say, and I quote again, "and your descendants shall grow ugly and heartless.

Literally the last thing Iblees is mentioned saying to Krug is the prolonging of the afflicted features.

2 minutes ago, A Wandering Wizard said:

I direct you to the final portion of my original post:

I can even see arguments against this idea such as; Krug was cursed because of touching Iblees, not because Iblees cursed Krug! If that were the case, why would Iblees say, and I quote again, "and your descendants shall grow ugly and heartless.

Literally the last thing Iblees is mentioned saying to Krug is the prolonging of the afflicted features.

True, but perhaps Iblees thought it would be a curse when it wasn't? Think about it, Iblees had already underestimated Krug once, thinking he would fall for a trick or be so vain as to take his 'gifts', wouldn't it make sense if he made the same mistake again?

Just now, MangoArt said:

True, but perhaps Iblees thought it would be a curse when it wasn't? Think about it, Iblees had already underestimated Krug once, thinking he would fall for a trick or be so vain as to take his 'gifts', wouldn't it make sense if he made the same mistake again?

Most potent conclusion. Yet, why would Iblees think that a curse upon Krug if she truly lacked vanity in the first place? Maybe that's the clincher and Iblees made Krug become worried about her looks, creating vanity which fueled into the curse of bloodlust (uncontrollable anger?). Could have been an insult to injury, but sadly we've got little to work with here. Very good analysis of Iblees' flawed logic about what made Krug tick tho, I could completely see Iblees doing something like that. Imperfect character is the Archdaemon.

51 minutes ago, A Wandering Wizard said:

Why in the Dead King named God’s name would a man who ruled a War Nation give two shits about his looks? Because Krug was a beautiful woman.

Krug didn't give two shits about how he looked. Krug bred all of the Orcs with a bunch of Fe-Orcs, he still definitely had the spark whether or not he was ugly.

53 minutes ago, A Wandering Wizard said:

Crap, it'd even lend to Krug's credit as a powerful leader and warrior when considering she's actually a woman.

If you really consider the history of LOTC and the past maps, how many accounts are there of women players taking up leadership roles and actually act as an intimidating figure?

53 minutes ago, A Wandering Wizard said:

I am 100% writing humorously because the material may come as a shock to nerdbois, but am also 100% not joking and want these insights to be considered.

If you are writing humorously, how do you expect something to be considered rather than taken as a joke? (This is Core Lore we are speaking about, something that's driven the server since the first days of Aegis.)

56 minutes ago, A Wandering Wizard said:

Someone may even ask why it matters if Krug was a woman or not? It matters because the lore points to it being the case! An oversight by Availer whom referred to Krug as a he!

Just no... :/

1 minute ago, A Wandering Wizard said:

Most potent conclusion. Yet, why would Iblees think that a curse upon Krug if she truly lacked vanity in the first place? Maybe that's the clincher and Iblees made Krug become worried about her looks, creating vanity which fueled into the curse of bloodlust (uncontrollable anger?). Could have been an insult to injury, but sadly we've got little to work with here. Very good analysis of Iblees' flawed logic about what made Krug tick tho, I could completely see Iblees doing something like that. Imperfect character is the Archdaemon.

Still, I think the overwhelming amount of lore, tomes, stories, etc. that refer to Krug as male is evidence enough. Why would EVERY SINGLE WRITER EVER, get that wrong?

https://wikia.lordofthecraft.net/index.php?title=Krug

https://wikia.lordofthecraft.net/index.php?title=Dom

https://wikia.lordofthecraft.net/index.php?title=Gorkil (The MOTHER dies, and Krug is still alive in this story, as well. Krug lives on past this story, so that probably means Krug is male if its his MOTHER who died but Krug lives on)

https://wikia.lordofthecraft.net/index.php?title=Iblees

https://wikia.lordofthecraft.net/index.php?title=Ancient_History

In this Lore, krug is called male in each. For one, it lists 'The Four Brothers' as Krug, Horen, Malin, and Urguan. Four BROTHERS. Also, shamans call krug 'The Oldfather.' There are orcs who claim to have met Krug in their shamanic endeavours or dreams/vision, I cannot find the lore for it but it's there.

All lore would be written from the male perspective because Availer said 'he' and 'sons' and he posted the first piece of lore. This could be a major oversight.

@Marijuanaology With gender stereotypes in-play which we've both clearly submitted as our logic, we see why a man, Krug would not give a **** about his looks, but a woman Krug would. Why would Iblees think making Krug ugly was a curse if there was nothing about her appearance she cared for? Even if Iblees is assumed an idiot, Iblees still thought it would get at Krug, why?

There's few instances where women on this server have come up and become powerful leaders, I can think of two in-fact. Which is actually a point I made and will re-address: Krug being a woman gives more validation to her leadership and power. To be a woman and rise up through the hardships of our assumed gender-stereotype universe created for the Server to become a nation leader? That takes real strength. Krug strength.

I wrote it humourously because I am a jester and because I knew that it would evoke the flames of chaos in the hearts of players to consider that their beloved hero was actually a woman. Knowing this would be a topic of contention, I came out the gate with humour. Mostly also to show that this kind of hypothesing and ensuing debate is something I see as fun between fellows and nothing I'm actually like dogmatically down for. I expect it to be considered because I've laid out claims and justifcations that warrant my claims.

However! I will concede that Krug prolly wasn't an elf because well, as I know and you do, the original 4 looked similar. Making everyone related in some way which means that the fact was a given.

When presented with new information, a mind is meant to be changed. That is what I attempt to do to my readers and what my readers attempt to do to me. I'm open for being wrong, but seriously consider that Krug was actually a woman. I mean, how do Four Brothers mate if we're going down that route? One had to be a sister. Or did God create them partners? We don't really know because of another instance where Availer's account was vague and unreliable.