[Shelved][✓] Necromancy Rewrite

Tentoa

I love this, this is some swell lore. But I remain confused, does the natural lich have tether drain? Or only the greater soul shadow one?

17 minutes ago, Jentos said:

I love this, this is some swell lore. But I remain confused, does the natural lich have tether drain? Or only the greater soul shadow one?

The thing I thought is how the liches only have tether drain, but the thing is

if you have tether drain, you probably should also have touch drain

its a minor thing though, and it should come with lichdom

tumblr_inline_olua6ldISJ1uwjnf3_400.gif

I am finally glad this has happened since necromancy will now be fun for both dark users and holy users. This will be fun to see play out.

22 minutes ago, Farryn said:

tumblr_inline_olua6ldISJ1uwjnf3_400.gif

I am finally glad this has happened since necromancy will now be fun for both dark users and holy users. This will be fun to see play out.

can't wait to get 1-shotted by a bullcrap holy fire bolt that is a homing missile that you can do nothing about

1 hour ago, Sir K Andruske said:

I have always been interested in playing the weirhent variation of necromancer. Is it still possible with this update?

Yes, but you're going to need a lot of plants to drain unless you want to look anorexic 

4 hours ago, Tentoa said:

Fleshsmithing

Sculpting flesh like dough and bone like clay to mold a truly horrific abomination which may be risen.

Imagination is the limit. An artist may breathe life into the inanimate to create beautiful pieces of visual delights and in the same way an experienced necromancer may too in a macabre fashion. By treating flesh with saturating blankets of lifeforce, flesh, muscle, sinew, and tissue may become soft like wet clay and soupy so ready hands may push and pull the biomass into shape. Extensive study of anatomy is required lest a necromancer form a pathetic, quivering heap of skin and boundless muscle with no functionality and no purpose. The same can be done to bone, warping it into a doughy consistency so it may be structured and sculpted into horrific frames and skeletons. However, living material cannot be sculpted nor shaped, the moving lifeforce within too deep in its own current. Such an attempt is a ritual known as cauterizing.

Isn't fleshsmithing a dark shaman thing?

https://wikia.lordofthecraft.net/index.php?title=The_Second_Generation_of_Dark_Shamanism

Woah, a dark art that actually looks interesting to me

I've not read this but this upsets me as i'll have to change my necromancer book I was about to post accordingly. You do this to ruin me I swear.

3 minutes ago, KBR said:

Flesh/Bonesmithing has been part of necromancy for years, longer than that lore has been out by a longshot. 

Ah, alright thanks for the clarification.

6 hours ago, Tentoa said:

Cursing

A curse is a wretched thing, a hex laid upon the living so they may suffer and nothing more. They are the product of a soul shadow being awoken in a living body outside the dark origins of the necromancer’s own signature, allowing for curses to be engineered in others rather than put upon one’s self through playing dead. A potent tool, cursing requires a great deal of lifeforce and will exhaust any well experienced necromancer and thus cannot be learned until tier 3. Curses may include blindness, deafness, madness -- paranoia, hallucinations, illusions of grandeur -- impotence, or lethargy in usual cases, often altering the life of the cursed for two years (two IRL weeks) unless the curse is aided by another necromancer, extending the duration by two more years. Whole lineages can be cursed in such a way where multiple people are cursed at once and children they bear befall the same fate; a group of five necromancers can come together to conduct a ritual to gift the lifeforce of four to one who may engineer the curse. MArts may be applied to for more creative curses. A curse is set on an individual in a similar method to soul puppetry, requiring an organic piece of material from the victim to be worked on such as a lock of hair, a vial of blood, a scrap of flesh, a bone, or the person themself.  

I would suggest against this addition, here i'll provide some points and possibly a helpful compromise.

-

Soul puppetry at T5 can hold a connection upto one IRL week as well with requiring constant connection and use for the curse to work. The addition you've stated can stay upto Two IRL weeks and with aid Four IRL weeks with no specification if the necromancer has to keep a constant connection. 

Now with Shamanism specifically WitchDoctors also perform curses that can be lasting depending what the Shaman and Spirit agree on, these curses can also range to those you've listed and last for X - amount of time. 

The curses themselves would be based on pure similarity, and i'll suggest going against them and doing something similar as you wrote the Branding idea. 

-

My suggestion to help:

Scrap the idea of the curses you listed and the ideal of biology item from the selected individual and in it's stead replace it with different branding affects, as stated in Resurrection you've listed one to resurrect the player upon death to fill one of the slots of zombies in your arsenal, how about a touch that rots away the skin, a touch that increases the range of your life-drain ability, ext. Help it work with your current set of skills rather then trying to use other curses which are utilized by two different groups.

I've not caught up with Mysticism yet so i'm unsure if hexes can perform these things. Though i'll suggest to keep the idea to help empower the abilities done by Necromancers rather then trying to utilize curses which can already be done by Shamanism(witchdoctor) and Soul Puppetry.

1 hour ago, Hakkaido said:

11 minutes ago, KBR said:

Flesh/Bonesmithing has been part of necromancy for years, longer than that lore has been out by a longshot. 

Added on it was removed from the current Dark Shaman lore being reviewed.

5 hours ago, EdgyMagey said:

can't wait to get 1-shotted by a bullcrap holy fire bolt that is a homing missile that you can do nothing about

abcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabc

*thinking back to how dark arts users almost always **** on holy magic users in a fight outside of like 2 or 3 competent ones

No room to complain