[Completed][Completed] Top five most influential human houses

Narthok

On 7/13/2017 at 11:39 PM, Narthok said:

I don't think many of the newer houses compare to the old houses due to the disunity amongst the human player base. Houses like Staunton had huge rallies but didn't really achieve much with them in terms of conquest. Defeating the 5.0 Empire wasn't much of a conquest imo.

The disunity in asulon was what made those older houses great. it was way easier to start from nothing and become something big in asulon. no nexus and less ooc barriers/scheming/etc. also back then warclaims were much smaller affairs where you didn't have the entire server needlessly getting involved, so you didnt need crazy rally numbers and ooc alliances as much as you do now.

same sorta applies for carrions because after exodus there was a gigantic vacuum of power

On 14/07/2017 at 0:05 AM, drfate786 said:

You're kidding right? They toppled Oren and had it dissolve for over a month.

staunton means **** in comparison to chivay lmfao

On 14/07/2017 at 9:05 AM, drfate786 said:

You're kidding right? They toppled Oren and had it dissolve for over a month.

Not single handedly, so I am unsure how they can notch that on their measuring stick but hey, do you.

2 hours ago, Sky said:

Not single handedly, so I am unsure how they can notch that on their measuring stick but hey, do you.

House Lancefeld defeated the carrion insurgency. Had a bit of help from some insignificant kingdom and a few of its allies but that's beside the point. -.-

The Kharadeens

o7 long live haria, long live the kharadeens and long live the sultan.

1. house vegetarianism i mean house staunton 

1. Horen

2. Chivay

3. Carrion

4. Savoy

5. DeNurem

I honestly haven't the faintest clue why Staunton is talked about as one of the five, if we're talking over all of human history, Staunton is a very small speck compared to any of these five. The bastard houses and branch houses of many of these families have accomplished more than Staunton, I will give credit where credit is due and say that yes in recent history Staunton has crafted a name for itself and held considerable power for a time. But in actual influence on human history their only big hoop in the time loop is helping to bring down Oren with a coalition as has happened before. It's nothing new and as much as people may call biases that's the reality. If you have knowledge of the server and its history Rurics have done a lot indeed and I understand that with recent events and some passed you can say that they've the potential to enter the top 10 potentialy, but I think many here are thinking mostly based on their own faction rather than actual human history. That's just my thoughts though agree with it or not, i'd say that generally a good sign that a house is in the top 5 is that there are plenty of branch families in the house that are powerful in their own right.

On 7/12/2017 at 3:22 PM, Narthok said:

Ruric

Sorry bud, no one is willing to admit this regardless of whether or not it's true. We're the black sheep of the human family, we'd be lucky if they still sent us Christmas cards.

2 minutes ago, PoliceAli said:

Sorry bud, no one is willing to admit this regardless of whether or not it's true. We're the black sheep of the human family, we'd be lucky if they still sent us Christmas cards.

66cf965dcbba79c7ceef9e94d22597c0.png

1. Horen

2. Carrion

3. Chivay

4. Rovin

5. De Sola

This is assuming we're counting cadet branches. I put Carrion above Chivay because, while House Chivay may have had a slightly more prominent effect on LotC than House Carrion, House Carrion's cadet branches have shaped a tremendous amount of the rp world of LotC in a way that those of House Chivay have not. 

Rovin is also seeming underrated here and I think that's a TRAGEDY! Aesterwald and Waldenian culture were both huge and extremely influential, still to this day. The OSL took the roots of military order rp from the Teutons and the White Rose and essentially modernized them. I think it's a tragedy that they aren't listed for so many people. De Sola is responsible for toppling the Chivay monarchy and their cadet branches (D'Amaury) are now kings of their own right in Lorraine. Despite being more modern, they have a very significant legacy and have made a large enough impact to secure a number 5 spot.

Staunton is a speck in server history. Having taken out the 5th empire is impressive, but not impressive enough to get a spot on the top 5 considering they have contributed nothing else besides a small and insignificant kingdom that collapsed on its second ruler. No offense to the Stauntons there, I'm not trying to downplay the impressive feats by vegetarianism and co.

Ruric is also not on the top 5. They're even less so than house Staunton and its p laughable that anyone would consider them influential. They have no real influence on anything, the most they can claim is having been a catalyst for an anti oren coalition that failed back in vailor. They're important in modern day lotc, but not influential.

Savoy was powerful to be sure, but I don't think they were influential or culturally significant in the way the others are. They're probably number 6.

I didn't list DeNurem because, while the Teutons were certainly hugely influential, they weren't all DeNurems or a DeNurem order.

no h8

1. Horen

2. Chivay

3. Carrion

4. Hightower

5. Flays

Honorable mention: Bedevere. 

I can't even defend some of my choices, but without Bedevere failure in Salvus....human roleplay would probably be different from how it currently is. 

1) Horen

2) My house

3) Other large house to make me seem unbiased

4) Non-Orenian house

5) My friend's house