[✓] Liquid Essence

GDPR 014

Mana has many uses as the tool necessary for magic. It fuels the program that is the spell, but what if mana can be turned into a form that allows a magi to write purpose into them? Or as another means of fuel for magical items and arcane engineering; perhaps a new potion? Such is a new form of mana, known as Liquid Essence.

Syg4JLVHrEqXXhNOE9l-hqY46e1LV2bkT4suNcmPspfE4teFXB6IwWAncgOS6Fapb6bkx0Jkcz54q4ummiTLYssGcNlEFGwLnzk-0ySzAtjgustwLAlNJ5Isd7ax67F2ZdFwuNlC

Bottled Liquid Essence

(Credit to ArtLanding)

Liquid Essence is mana in a raw and liquefied form, hidden within all, and sometimes generated in the world through an irregularity of magic in some areas, or generated through any form of mage via a ritual. This ritual involves a mage to meditate, focusing on their mana and eventually pulling it in a liquid form. The liquid can either be somewhat viscous or similar to water and most other fluids. It is up to the maker. This liquid-- found throughout areas with decent magical value, or through a magic user -- has a fair amount of applications, with the potential to be used for more studies and ritual. It can be used in various potions, able to be made as a new potion, and a base for interesting alchemical concoctions, a newfound fuel for arcane enchantments, and finally -  means for crafting odd scrolls and inks with magical properties.

Misc

On its own, Liquid Essence has few properties. The liquefied and potent mana is something of nurture to creatures tainted and twisted by magical means, be they unnatural, void corrupted beings, voidal horrors, or even the transcendent Archons. While some may not require food or some form of nutrients, it still feels filling; to those that do, it can substitute normal food. It might be common for twisted and corrupted creatures to linger about pools of liquid essence, and perhaps develop an ecosystem about it. Some of the natural pools are known to carry some voidal taint, twisting the earth about it. Those legendary pools have eldritch power, perhaps providing insight to those that drink it, or twisting the creatures-- mentally and physically-- that dare to sip from the ambrosia. If one was to sip standard liquid essence, from either a mage or a natural occurring pool, they would find that it is tasteless, doing nothing but inducing a surreal sensation as the energy courses through their bodies.

Two Travelers sailing over an Essence Lake

STozwXkXeQH-3jARsuE4-SCkW1w5gJmcFjKhJ7qTcDe4ib45iLy_oKX6oQQu6Vk2nCfJnwLJRWNQqHuqRxpQ-B0Z90M9OcUuStRsBualeo9q0eJFVvwqmxTUUrxfMhmcMkPfMqVU

(Credit to ellidh)

AywFzBcVlUpEsLfWjXIpTD3MXKF3FbSKytO5ttJQfHYxpTCkswgXvnret0or-BI4nZ6reh4Z4YU_Rpa6diRNuQcSl8kCWxyNuYaQysj56mcwXs9MLf2UYLpEndsN0A4LjumcIosP

An artist’s depiction of one of the void tainted pools, teeming with focal crystals and voidal corruption.

(Credit to BruceMashBatArt)

Redlines:

• Twisted creatures and the rarer voidal pools must be roleplayed by an ET, MT, or LM.

• Sipping Liquid Essence provides no combat advantage.

• An essence pool must be represented through water, requiring a sign that denotes it being odd and seemingly unnatural in some sense.

• When making liquid essence from one's self, it will siphon mana from the person, meaning it will require an hour's recharge to fully recharge.

Alchemical Properties

Liquid Essence has a wide range of uses, especially in the alchemical arts. The liquefied mana can be applied to multiple potions, be it as a base for continuity and the magical, able to create potions and creatures that may defy what alchemist previously assumed was possible; or as added into concoctions and oils for different effects. Two ways most alchemist use this liquefied essence is through the Mana Potion, and Auric Oil.

A mana potion is made with the same way as a normal potion of mending, though this time, one must add in one vial of liquid mana for a lesser, two for a greater, and so on so forth. This concoction will entice the soul to produce mana at a rapid pace; a lesser able to fill a quarter of a mage’s mana, a greater able to fill half, and a superior being able to fill a mage’s entire mana pool. While this proves to be useful, the potion drinker will also suffer fatigue; the stress the soul had to face will manifest in the caster, be it through feeling out of breath and tired, or suffering from weakened magic - a tier, or multiple  below full potential, making spells difficult to cast and consume more mana.

Time chart for potion after-effects:

Lesser: 5 emotes of weakened Magics (Down by a tier) and tire.

Greater: 7 emotes of weakened magics (Down by two tiers) and tire.

Superior: 9 emotes of weakened magics (down by two-three tiers) and tire.

The other substance is auric oil. Auric Oil is something perhaps more sought out by Hexers and Mage Slayers; the oil, made akin to an oil, but with a few vials of auric oil poured in as well a regent that represents harming in one way or another (a regent that represents death, or destruction), as well as some fatty substances - provides an item dipped in the substance to take on arcane harming properties - allowing the mana coated sword to hurt magical beings easier than normal steel; due to the item being coated in the oil, it will take on an odd hue, indicating what it’s covered in. The coating oil will likely only last for thirty minutes (irl) at best, and the exact damage varies with each creature that is affected by the auric oil clad weapon.

Affected (more can be added):

Ghosts/Gravens: Auric Oil will disrupt their frame and cause them demanifest if they sustain enough hits, shots to the head and chest proving the most lethal, similar to gold.

Wights: Auric Oil will disrupt their frame and cause them demanifest if they sustain enough hits, shots to the head and chest proving the most lethal, similar to gold

Archons: Will act similar to enchanted items against an Archon. Should it carve into the arcane form, it will act as though it was carving into flesh and bone. 

Izkuthii: Hitting an Izkuthii's true form is like hitting it with gold. 

Daeva: Akin to gold. 

Horrors: Having Auric Oil enter them is agonizing and will will separate and destroy the mana that binds them; if a weapon coated in the oil was to carve into them, slicing it would be like cutting through parchment paper with a sharpened knife.

Golems/Runes: Hitting golem’s runes will cause said runes to react violently, causing tremors along the affected areas, ultimately causing cracks and damage to the stone - with more force, more damage to the stone and runes is afflicted. A runesmith’s runes suffers the same effect.

Other magically made creatures (ET Creatures that involve some sort of magical creation/any other creatures whose creation involves mana): Can be discussed, but typically it will deal more damage than steel, acting as a weakness against these creatures.

Redlines:

• All potions that have liquid essence in it must be submitted through the potion index, save for the Mana Potion and the Auric Oil.

• Must follow the guidelines for Mana Potion and Auric Oil.

• Auric Oil lasts for 30 minutes OOC.

• Overdosing on a mana potion may result in death due to the soul being over-stressed, effectively tearing the body apart.

Enchanting Properties/Applications in other magics

Liquid Essence has the capability of being used in managems, if not being the mana gem itself. For the mana gems, the essence must be injected within the the mana gems - pouring its fuel inside; alternatively, the liquid mana can be used in a gauge or be entrapped in another item - still acting as fuel for arcane items. On its own, the essence can act as a managem of medium value, though if a transfigurationist was to add more mana into it, its value can increase. While the essence can be used as fuel, it can also be used as an item to enchant, so long as there is something else infused with the essence. This would typically be ink, or some sort of oil that wouldn’t make Auric Oil (meaning one would have to remove the regent that represents harming for it to actually be enchantable). The use of this essence is quite useful for enchanting, be it the process of making the liquid mana to fuel an enchanted item, or making enchanted ink that can create effects wherever it is written.

Scrollmaking  [No Longer Lore Approved, do not RP using scrolls]

While making magic ink from liquid essence allows for written enchantments, it also has another function. It is able to be written on scrolls and parchment; it allows for a mage of nearly any field to write a singular spell within the arcanic in, and use it as a consumable, causing the parchment or scroll to burn up. When creating the scroll, a mage must write the magic ink on the parchment, scroll, or paper; after that, they must channel their aura into the parchment and imbue a spell they already know, bound to a specific command or phrase. Generally, this command is either written in the parchment, allowing someone to read and cast the spell, or a command shared to a user so they can use the power within the chicken scratch written scroll. Once the command is spoken, the scroll’s writing will begin to light up, and pull the information from its arcane script, taking the same time as it would to cast the spell. Once the spell is cast, that is when the parchment burns out.

Emote Example:

((This made up spell takes 3 emotes to use))

Jim lifts his scroll, muttering an incantation. In doing so, the odd ink gleams, causing liquid steel to trickle out from the very words.

The steel warps as it straightens itself, shaping into one pointed spike; the tip of the spike hardening.

The lance sized steel surges forward with high speeds, seeking to impale its target. Once the spell hits and fades, the parchment burns up from the writing to the edge.

While this can be used predominantly for the Arcane, other magics can be written for these scrolls. The list is below; keep in mind, this list can always expand.

Mysticism: By imbuing ectoplasm with the arcane script, the scroll-user is able to use a few spells: Deadbreath, Feeding, Hindering, and Saturation. Saturation has an odd occurance when it is used; it requires for one to wrap the scroll on their weapon, and then utter the incantation to shroud it with the ectoplasm. When the spectral rises, they will have no master however.

Necromancy: Imbuing lifeforce with the script, one is able to use a preset curse that is written in the scroll on their target, taint/corruption, and reanimation. When reanimating, the scroll will remain until the creatures that are brought back are destroyed. In addition, these reanimations are feral, attacking anyone near them; while using this spell, the scroll holder's lifeforce is siphoned to keep the reanimations alive. When too much lifeforce is added onto the scroll, the already darkened text would proceed to fester with tumors. 

Clericism: The clerical light must be infused with the magic ink, though Tahariae’s grace is able to used in spells, save for blessings and wards.  

Paladinism: Xan’s light must be imbued with the arcane ink. When this is done, everything save for blessing weapons with Xan’s might is viable, though his shield and armor will only be active for a few hits before dispelling. In addition, Sunspear is only available for Paladins to use

Druidism: Only a druid can use these scrolls, and only control nature and blight healing; control nature will be limited to one action.

Ascended: By infusing embers in the Arcane Script, the scroll user can conjure out holy fire.   

Redlines:

The spells can be Warded.

To make a powerful scroll, the user must be of the same tier.

These types of scrolls will only last for one spell.

The user has to have the magic to imbue the spell, as well as have had to done the spell.

The scroll’s spell requires the same build up as the actual spell it’s doing would normally have.

Mastery Spells require larger scrolls to house the power.

Scrolls must be represented as mc items, requiring the spell to be documented in the description and detail it's mechanics, as well as the person who made it. It also needs to be MT signed.

I love this.

In all reality, what is the purpose of this lore? It seemly adds something to counter dark creatures and gives people possibilities of enchanting without actually having an enchanter.

If it's just more flavor to RP and some alchemy things I fail to understand why this lore is needed. 

-

This might be my morning brain talking, so if you're able to explain it a bit further it'll be good.

4 minutes ago, Evocress said:

In all reality, what is the purpose of this lore? It seemly adds something to counter dark creatures and gives people possibilities of enchanting without actually having an enchanter.

If it's just more flavor to RP and some alchemy things I fail to understand why this lore is needed. 

-

This might be my morning brain talking, so if you're able to explain it a bit further it'll be good.

I would just take another look at the lore to help soak it in, it doesn't have the full capabilities of enchanments and it adds a ton of new ways to use NOT JUST voidal magic. I think this lore adds a lot.

10 minutes ago, Evocress said:

It seemly adds something to counter dark creatures

Yeah your morning brain is talking because it also can be used to create dark creatures.

4 minutes ago, Tox said:

I would just take another look at the lore to help soak it in, it doesn't have the full capabilities of enchanments and it adds a ton of new ways to use NOT JUST voidal magic. I think this lore adds a lot.

Taken note, I have read it twice. I see the ability to create liquid, this liquid can be tainted, this liquid can be used for alchemy which can provide/make new potions. Hurt dark creatures, having another mana anchor being the liquid and give everyone enchanting of writing magic upon scrolls. What stops a mage from having 10,000 death breath scrolls?

-

I would like this lore a tad more if they remove the hurting dark creatures and a limitation on these enchanting scrolls. 

I just find it confusing that'll all.

4 minutes ago, Evocress said:

having another mana anchor being the liquid

Eh? I think you're mistaken. It can act as a managem for enchantments.

2 minutes ago, ArcanicFable said:

Eh? I think you're mistaken. It can act as a managem for enchantments.

Sorry used wrong context of words. I'll wait for my mind to wakeup before commenting again, I meant act as another type of mana gem. Having potential to fuel arcanic items without an transfigurationist. 

11 minutes ago, Evocress said:

I would like this lore a tad more if they remove the hurting dark creatures and a limitation on these enchanting scrolls. 

Hurts more than just dark creatures. When I asked the Lore Member most knowledgeable if those creatures would be affected (because auric oil was initially meant to fight voidal creatures and golems) he told me they would. It's easy to see someone whip out a scroll and start chanting and then destroy the paper fast; don't think they require a limit. Ah well, I respect your opinion nonetheless. 

Phil you basically just made rocket fuel. You know what that means, right?

2 minutes ago, ShameJax said:

Phil you basically just made rocket fuel. You know what that means, right?

Can liquid essence infuse Golems and cause them to become unstable? It seems like such a liquid should be incredibly volatile for constructs and other magical beings.