[Magic Feat][Utility/Holy]Enaction of Yeu Rthulu

LTuSaU_sgCqSxmF1DYamB_cDAI15yzdYUzHIkFILwf3uThDPKVA7AC5XcI0se81Def-JSrWmezGOrR9LaZxmYv6s3gx5T_VYi4xJLCbB8JrtM-Sv3y5sAEVIjCMUCFhzUJ5lDtAb

Oh Yeu Rthulu, my goddess, my guide

I pray for your aid whilst in darkness I stride

I am weak, and gentle and weary and through

For your blessings I pray this morning, I call to you

Aid me in my daily walk, in craft and way

Help me to be kind in what I do and say

Your will is mine, and yours is of me

Aid me to act in total empathy

For yours is the day, and the day is mine

Good morning Yeu Rthulu, and may your light shine.

-Morning prayer of a unnamed carpenter.

What is it:

The Enaction of Yeu Rthulu is a two phase magic (Or, moreso magical feat) based upon the attaining of soul-essence for Yeu Rthulu, the second phase is the using of this converted soul essence for the use of utility spells using small semi-sentient balls of light referred to as ‘wisps’, an a form of unburning fire.

(Note: This magic is 100% uncombatant, similar to household magic, it is unable to be utilized for the harming of any person, creature, or otherwise playable thing.)

How it works:

The  magic of Enaction has two facets. One is the gathering and giving of soul essence  to Yeu Rthulu.. The first is for the caster to literally directly send soul essence to Yeu through a means of a tiring meditation.

The direct connection of the caster giving their soul essence to Yeu Rthulu works simply enough, the direct connection to Yeu Rthulu allows the caster to send their magical energy to Yeu through a spell able to be used through meditation, and eventually even subliminally

I will admit, I dont really like the idea of this being something actively monitored. Though I can see someone wishing for a system in which the amount of spells being casted is equal, or less to the amount of essnce being sent to Yeu, I personally believe that’d be a hassle that’d severely put a damper on the fun/RP experience of this magic. This part of the magic is moreso to be an addition to the roleplay experience rather than it’s leash. Though I encourage practicioners of this magic to roleplay out the need to be sending Yeu essence as to be able to cast, I in no way wish for it to be a mandatory part of this magic.

The second facet is later drawing upon this energy for use of two forms utility spells, the first being small balls of light capable of simple tasks, called wisps. The second form is the use of magical, unharming fire for various household tasks. These’re mainly summoned based upon intent, and as the caster’s connection with Yeu Rthulu grows, their ability to summon, discern, and refine these abilities increases likewise.

0P6GM37R8wSkZgDJ_72G92k04c0VKgA9hkKntUVT9h3psiHrHYxhrdkPQPD_AJ-2bFDjKE8VB3PDPFHCL6jcbc0AuaVbNtypRQh0nlcbc4xipaaj3LEsOva9BmhAhh0zSzGe1vpQ

Yeu Rthulu’s Strictures:

The user of this magic to even be connected must follow atleast most of the strictures a great deal at the time of the connection. Though greatly breaking these strictures will not cause immediate disconnection (such as what augurs experience) the caster will feel it becoming increasingly difficult to either send any mana to Yeu Rthulu, or to cast any spells.

If this were to persist for a long time, (about 2 elven weeks, give or take a few days) whenever the caster would attempt to cast any spell, whether a gathering mana one or a proper normal spell, they’d find themselves almost completely shut out from Yeu Rthulu.  

This leaves the caster with 2 options:

1: Return to the good way, and slowly reclaiming their lost abilities. (It would take an equal amount of time to reclaim it as they had lost it. If it took someone 2 weeks to get to this point than remained in such for another week, it would take 3 weeks to reclaim.)

2: Disconnecting themselves willingly.

gJF_g07jq3-M0eeJxAlDQ1PhEaWF3mntsSUBrFgkE5gG6-CqVW9I--MfVRvQTgw91BpndA7gzM3WFY8CuCx8DgXSut5doE33L63CD3bwQR32No5WA3_F5QJAgqWp-zPBibITlgwd

Connection and Teaching:

Dissimilar to augurs, the magic of Yeu is something that must be bestowed and taught upon someone. This connection though is less so as with standard clerics, but is something more gentle, and intimate. Similar to how a practicioner of this magic sends a portion of their soul to Yeu,  a teacher shall need to bestow the tiniest portion of their soul (Less than 0.001 of the total mass of soul essence) to the student in a deep form of shared meditation. This in turn acts as a pilot-light which ignites the progression of this magic.

Teaching this magic is somewhat informal. It is less so a regiment of training (as Yeu herself helps guide the practicioner) but moreso a series of counsellings, ensuring the student remains with the strictures, and explaining and guiding in the practice of the magic. 

Augurs whom’re already connected to Yeu Rthulu will merely simply need to attempt to deepen their connection with Yeu, and follow the urges that follow along with such.

Progression:

Tier 0-1:

Novice

Meditation

The newly connected caster, similar in ways to an augur, will begin to feel the need to enter a state of deep meditation and prayer, upon entering into such and maintaining it for a brief amount of time they will feel an urge to focus their energies, and soul

(How? I do not know. The feelings associated with magic and magical energies are ill-defined, and bear no real life mirror. How something as intangible as magical energy and connection to deific creatures be defined is past me.)

and rather than draw upon their connection to Yeu, push it through, and expend their own magical energies and essnce of the soul  in favor of giving it Yeu.

Soul

The soul of the caster would at first feel mildly empty after each meditation, listless and lethargic, along with the strained feeling of casting, at this stage it would leave them wishing to sleep, or eat, but any task of any importance would most likely be pressed away with the great paddle known as procrastination.

The caster would need to repeat this multiple times, and with practice they would slowly become adept at this, each and every time feeling less strained after, more relaxed with each meditation, and closer to Yeu Rthulu.

Tier: 1-2:

Apprentice

Meditation

The caster has now become adept at their meditations, and may even make such part of their daily routines, meditating before bed and giving off the expendable portion  of their essence before falling asleep peacefully.

Soul

The soul of the caster is slowly adjusting to commonly losing than replenishing itself, over time it would find itself more robust, more resilient.

Eventually, the caretaker will begin to feel the need to draw from Yeu Rthulu.

The first attempts of the caster are unfocused, and clumsy, summoning a bright white firey light that flashes than dissipates, or small balls of light that flicker and dull away into nothingness like sickly fireflies.

But eventually, their efforts shall pay off. With time and practice they shall summon small white tongues of fire upon their hand, unburning and shining a kind light, lasting in their hand for around a minute before fading off into quickly fading embers. They shall summon in their hand a small ball of light, unmoving yet floating a mere handsbreadth from where they were cast, though unresponsive, a seeming intelligence is seen in it’s form before it to disappears into nothingness.

Though neither spell has truly yielded any useful results, and the caster is nonetheless worn out from these spells, these attempts fill them with hope.

Tier 2-3:

Journeyman

Meditation

The caster’s meditation is mere second nature, able to enter their essence bestowing trance in mere seconds, and exit such with equal ease,  a sense of peace hangs about the psyche of the caster. Their energy relinquishing state of reverie has lost all of its strain, the caster only feeling a pleasant sense of weariness of a job well done after each meditation.

Soul

The caster’s soul is a fine example of robustness and health. Despite having portions of itself taken on the daily, the soul is healthy and well at nearly all times, and the process of metasis is at what is considered the pinnacle for the average descendant.

Wisps

Likewise, the summoned wisps upon dispensing enough magical energy in appear to be intelligent in mind, able to take simple orders for basic tasks, going about such with a oddly cheerful diligence befitting a well-tempered servant, a single small arm protruding from the floating wisp to enact their orders as wished, and disappearing into nothingness upon their tasks end. Though beginning, the weariness caused by the expenditure of mana summoning these wisps, and the energy used for the caster themselves to’ve done is deeply unbalanced. With practice, the caster will begin to break even with the tiredness gained, and the tasks done, and eventually even begin to gain more work done than they previously would have.

(May summon 2-3 before needing to rest)

Fire

The caster’s efforts and practices into withdrawing from that which they have been giving to are finally beginning to pay off.  With practice and time, they’re able to hold the gentle flame in their hand, and even set it upon other objects. It’s soft warmth unburning to any creatures considered alive, the caster shall find that they themselves are in control of how long, or short it burns based upon how much of their magical energy they impart into the flame. Likewise ,they to can choose that which it heats or leaves unharmed, making it an ideal choice of the experienced chef or the careful apothecary.

(May summon only small amounts of this flame that last max an hour.)

Tier 3-4:

Adept

Meditation

The caster’s meditation is a part of them and their daily routine. It is as natural to them as breathing, or eating. There is no wait to resume or enter, nor is there even the hints of strain. As this has become such an intrinsic part of them. Their connection to Yeu Rthulu is constant, and it is even possible for them to enact the soul essence draining spell in such small portions throughout they day that they do not even require to be in a proper meditative state for their providential giving to be enacted. The latent syphoning of soul-based energies  persists in perpetuity for the caster, the aengul being given physically negligible amounts of essence all throughout the day in small portions.

Soul

The soul of the caster has reached measures that would be considered beyond that which possible for a descendant. Robust, strong, and with a impressive process of metasis,  the caster’s soul is a shining example of health and resilience, if there was ever a contest of souls of the caster versus an average descendant, the caster’s soul would win without a doubt.

Wisps

The wispal servants summoned have now begun to be a direct boon in the daily life of the caster. Everyday tasks can be done autonomously with a few summoning spells. The wisps last far longer than previously, and they perform their tasks with great vigor and precision, disappearing only upon the tasks full completion. The strain of casting far outweighed by the amount of work completed by the floating white servants.

Likewise, caster is beginning how to summon wisps of further varieties and specializations, and even being able to create wisps unbound by a casting time, but rather requiring physical nutrition to carry on their subservient existence.

(May summon 4-5 before needing to rest.)

Fire

The unburning fire summoned by the caster is a utility of un-measurable worth. As the caster may choose exactly what burns, or exactly how hot the fire shall be when casted, its utility defies expectations both upon it’s utilization, and safety.  For a cold night it shall burn upon a log, and burn solely that, it shall grant warmth but for a man to pass his hand through it it shall leave him unburned. For a dinner of beef it may be put into a stove, and burn only the wood and the meat, cooking it to perfect and waning the moment such has been reached. For a apothecary’s brew, it shall warm a liquid to precisely as intended and maintain such as needed, not going above or below that which was required.

(May summon medium amounts of flame that last an elven day at max.)

Tier 4-5:

Master

Meditation:

The caster, whether focussed on such or not, is in a constant state of giving miniscule portions of their soul essence to Yeu. Though it is at such a state in which the caster is rejuvenating their soul essence is at such a speed that is far outweighs the latent syphoning. Intentional meditation is as easy as blinking for the caster, and their is not even the hints of strain.  At all times, the connection to Yeu Rthulu is being utilized, and entering meditation is simply deepening that connection.

Soul

The soul of the caster has reached its pinnacle, a shining spiritual beacon of health, vigor, and strength. The caster’s soul is beyond the potential of any average mortal, and its resilience is unmatched.  Though little to no physical boons can be taken from such growth,  the soul essence of the caster is nearly twice as plentiful as that of the average descendant, and any form of magic that would  seek to take hold of the soul would find it doubly difficult.

Wisps

The caster’s wisps have became an extension of the caster’s will, enacting precisely the task the caster has specified in the most efficient manner known to the one whom summoned them. Their summoning is near effortless to the caster, who can evoke them at will with little-to-no focus and strain.

Likewise, the caster has learned all there is to learn regarding the varieties of these wisps, able to create ones that may subsist indefinitely so long as they’re given nourishment akin to mortals, along with being able to store them for later use for themselves, or even others.

(May summon 6-7 before needing to rest)

Fire

The unburning fire is at the full whims of the caster, whose understanding of that which they summon is at its pinnacle. Their thoughts and the fire brought forth are one in the same, its purpose is exactly as desired and its execution is flawless.

(Any amount within reason can be summoned by the caster. Flames may be summoned to burn indefinitely.)

Abilities:

zTbI8gBi5L76h0zBZ2FvI-6cuhu4birCHqwwnAnHcVR7013WOqAv7ZDJqJJdAiun-1ikOcox7J4e23kk_eJ43oaZlLYIc3-4hEFcJP5CKTFe6KW8Vc7PJGwOUvz9an65yHK08Hik

Meditation:

The foundation for which this magic sits upon is the intrinsic need to meditate, and send Yeu Rthulu small portions of one’s soul essence as to assist Yeu Rthulu in her providence of magical abilities into the mortal realm.  As the essence of the soul is something intrinsic to a descendants existence, such is difficult to send through the verge to the place of aengullic dwelling. A deep and maintained connection is required to begin sending one’s soul essence to Yeu Rthulu, and this is achieved through entering into a deep and focussed meditative state. A expenditure of mana is required to establish and maintain this connection at the start. Once this connection is formed, the caster must open up their soul to Yeu Rthulu.

How? Again, the exact mechanics and feelings associated with the intangibilities of the soul is difficult. Suffice to say, it is not something that can be effectively explained for such feelings are unknown and (atleast scientifically) impossible in the real world. So for now, I guess one shall have to be happy with the vague explaination.

Once the caster has opened their soul to Yeu, Yeu will begin chipping off small parts of the soul of the caster. Gently and carefully it is done, as to not cause any loss of memory, or in fact who the caster is. These chippings will only ever fully amount to at max 5% of the soul at any given time.  Always leaving atleast 95% of the soul entirely intact.

((OOC))

The aesthetics of this spell are up to the choice of the player. Whether they’d want to have their character have glowing eyes when they meditate, a floating glowing  transluscent rune infront of their forehead, et-cetera, or completly nothing at all. Just know that this can and will become a constant part of one’s character’s aesthetic upon getting into the higher tiers.

Upon becoming adept at this magic, the connection to Yeu Rthulu is constant, as the aengul draws from the caster’s soul without end. Ever present, and ever felt, the aengul’s connection to the caster is strong, and a sense of aengullic symbioses hangs about the caster in all walks of life.

kpf2Bv6ZDAXQ2jfjeI4axy7XD0Dal9HuOBm8yzvLTPm97PJ92fCu_BXFRywdQ_uaAXUb8cJ-RyjXMxswTqfwxe5LApLIJPzzji1_ZY0XFM--6NuqscHimQozzNNwHZC_CczvIBRz

Bolstered Soul:

A soul being constantly chipped away at is a duress that’d be assumed to cause great problems for those it has been pressed upon, as such. Yet, the soul is vigorous and resilient in more ways than expected. The soul of the caster gradually adjusts to the strain, and like a excersized muscle, it grows stronger with its strain. Growing rather than callusing, the soul of the caster overtime becomes more and more robust, increasing its ability of metasis, the soul’s blueprint over time adjusting to accommodate more soul essence.

An even greater boon associated with the bolstered soul, is the passive resistances granted. Due to the raw strength and size of the soul, a Soul-Puppet connection would be atleast twice as difficult to make. Likewise, due to the latent presence of Yeu with the soul of the caster, they're immune to the infection of shades, the conversion to frost witches, and the turning to any form of 'undead'.

Should the caster disconnect from Yeu Rthulu, their soul shall feel the same pains as any disconnection, and their soul shall slowly shrink back to their original size.

yBsWr64Feia_DS3WjitptIs6kOjlC3P3q0elVJA0to7tgSW1cwgCXrVZYOpdRmC9eVvYd75CnzGHXA15OGMuQ7kh0YIMoEYmLNLf2TAGZ7_O30aZecU-Tor54KQNhJK--UJ9A50f

Wispal Servants:

One may expect the Aengul of Kindness’ main magical form of assistance to be something of the heart, or healing of the emotions. But as with her strictures, Yeu Rthulu’s boons are firmly established in the realities of daily life.

The wisps summoned by the caster are small, floating beings that appear akin to small balls of white fire, while initially ball-like, these wisps bear teh ability to summon from themselves a single tendril like hand from their mass, in which to do their task.. They will enact any non-combat-based order to the letter, and unlike golems, they bear an innate sense of that which they’re summoned for. Standardly, a wisp will immediately take to the task it is ordered to do, and upon completion of said task disappear into nothingness. Depending upon how long or taxing the task is the wisp is summoned for, they will require certain amounts of mana to be summoned.

Wisps are surprisingly fragile, and if one were to strike one with their sword, they would simply disappear into nothingness.

The completion of the wisps tasked is based upon the intent and memory of the caster. A wisp will complete the task to how the caster prefers using the memories and tools the caster has envisioned. A wisp could very well fetch an object the caster knows the location of, but it would be useless to find something the caster has lost. Likewise, if the wisp is given a task to retrieve something, yet that which they’re sent out to retrieve is not where it was to the last of the caster’s memory, the wisp will quickly enter a state of confusion, and after a few moments disappear, its task served to the best of it’s ability.

These wisps are best suited for tasks of simplicity, or process. Turning a spit roast, retrieving objects, painting a wall, et-cetera. Yet, as wisps may summon from themselves one single tendril-like-hand, any task requiring multiple hands to complete will require multiple wisps to summon, yet multiple wisps summoned to finish a singular task will act in perfect, nearly supernatural tandem, acting as a team in a well-synced manner.

Once a caster reaches a point of mastery, they’re able to summon wisps with long repeatable tasks. As such may be expected, this would take an astronomical amount of mana to keep going indefinitely. Yet, provisions have been made by the kind aengul to allow such to be done. A wisp may be made to revitalize itself though the consumption of a single provided spoonfull of honey, and a day of rest. If given such, a wisp may be able to repeat it’s task on the daily, continueing such indefinitely if left unhindered.

A-MfFT3RIEHCL1c1PPacbF2aCEKJje9AasnYLciKn_CxmYvvGAtJzh6fX_ssQHF3iZLjzEGpKHb9Dmfxjxf1jlLAuFoWPPRwtiTuBaU4hMVRLvyR7W6JPziixmqUnW9ZsGBBmFdK

Wisp Companion:

As the caster progresses(Tier 4), new possibilities begin to open up, among them is the wispal companion. A small rabbit sized to dog sized unfloating wisp with 4 small legs, 2 black eyes, and a small curved mouth,  summoned with the intent of being a companion, this creature for all intents and purposes acts as a well behaved rabbit. Though magical in origin, it seems to bear a legitimate spark of life. (whether this is infact just recycled portions of the casters soul previously sent to Yeu, or this creature merely presents the illusion of life is to the discernment of the reader) It requires food and water to subsist, seems to bear a general mass and warmth, but is uncommunicative to the efforts of druids. They shall seek out their creator, or creator designated caretaker if left alone for too long, and seem to not wish to escape into the wild for any reason.  Should they be hurt or wounded, they shant bleed (merely exposing portions of pure white glowing ‘energy’ for lack of better terms), but they shall express pain and torment, and overtime heal their wounds if given proper rest and nutrition.

If one were to kill one of these creatures, similarly to a wisp they shall disappear into nothingness.

jo6mvVkRrvSVFyWC3V_zcxwKZlY8gTisYS3WFlcQVYcLHF_JzdK-xcRtu033cy6SpkCnoncDGKtqAwtYDe1UunZitc-giwSfbZ9CZUHtepIUw_lhaXAuW2NY6TbSNofXoBIX5Vr-

Bottled Wisp:

Given the inherent usefulness of a wisp, it may come to the mind of the caster to share such with their companions, friends, family, or merely for one to earn a fair profit.

This can be done by ‘bottling’ a wisp, or summoning one for the specific intent of being given to one another, and put into a small corked bottle. In a bottle a wisp shall remain dormant, and may rest in such indefinitely. If opened up, the wisp shall come out, and listen to the command of whomever opened the bottle in the same accurate manner as if it was the caster. These wisps can made to re-invigorate themselves in the same manner as those whose task needs repeating. So long as their rests a spoonfull of honey in the wisp’s bottle it shall return to it’s bottle, and rest for a day.

REDLINES:

-Cannot be used for combat.

-CANNOT BE USED FOR COMBAT.

-Simply disappear into nothingness if struck by a sword.

-Cannot find things unknown to the caster.

-Cannot be used to steal, or any otherwise bad things.

dny4UilnEJAdqiD6RNCu46ufNQX7SlD378gwhhF-esGlLNvpMcOS7A3bUBWyn4oJIpq_pWLHvX2iaFxqVs1RWRcPUUdoWqiyjJi0tiPqnBeAIBRX1x4ab7xg_x9_RCGeHa4L1boi

Unburning Fire:

The unburning of Yeu Rthulu many would assume to be harmful or targeted, similar to that of Tahariae, or Aeriel, but such is not the case for Yeu Rthulu.

The unburning fire of Yeu Rthulu is a tool of unbound utility, a summoned, un-spreading white flame with the capabilities to only affect that which is intended by the caster, and to burn as bright, dim, hot, or cool as wished when summoned. Slow to consume fuel, and bearing the exact heat wished by the caster, the unburning flame of Yeu Rthulu is a marvel of magical ingenuity.  

The flame of Yeu Rthulu works solely on that which is not living, it can not be used to harm anyone, and in accordance with the strictures of Yeu Rthulu it can not be used to harm or destroy that which is others. Its utility is unfathomable, as it may be put in places that fire would otherwise spread, it will remain stagnant. In places in which flame would be too close or grow to large s to cause harm, it shall remain the same, unburning and unharming, making it an ideal choice for torches or lanterns.

The heat of the flame is an odd subject, as though it may warm a room as any other flame, drawing close to it one would find that it’s heat is surprisingly constant, not going past about 150 degrees to the touch of a mortal, yet it may burn or cook objects as if any normal flame if intended, seemingly incapable of harming anyone. Notably, due to this, it is unable to be used for cauterization. The unburning fire affects none living, or those caught within undeath, or those of which that imitate life as constructs. It shall harm no living being, no matter how twisted that definition of 'living' may be.

That which it heats notably does not follow the same logic. A heated cooking pot shall still give the sting of hot iron, boiling water shall still gnaw at the flesh, and a well cooked meal shall still burn the tounge.

REDLINES:

-Cannot be used for combat.

-CANNOT BE USED FOR COMBAT.

-Doesnt spread, or heat/damage anything that is not the caster’s/given permission to do so to the caster.

CREDITS:

Art:

Darkest Dungeon stuff: Chris Bourassa

Snuggit and bottled Wisp: Chucklefish studios.

Special thanks to TheDarkiseternal for letting me use/bastardize his format.

(By request of Flamboyant, heres a copy of the strictures:)

The Holy Strictures of the Aengul Yeu Rthulu

Stricture 1: One must never find joy in the death of any man, woman, or child.

Stricture 2: It is right for one to be bound in matrimony as to create lifemates, but one must never force such a sacred act on another.

Stricture 3: One must never make love outside of marriage.

Stricture 4: One must restrict themselves from gluttony and drunkenness.

Stricture 5: One must restrict themselves from un-marital lust and intercourse.

Stricture 6: One must restrict themselves from taking what is not theirs.

Stricture 7: One must restrict their tounge from lashing words, for words are made to build up, not harm.

Stricture 8: One must restrict themselves from needlessly striking out against someone.

Stricture 9: One must not allow one's lust for revenge overtake them. Just retribution may be needed, but vengeance is reserved for the Gods.

Stricture 10: One must not deceive or harm one another with words.

Stricture 11: One must not abandon those whom trust one for support.

Stricture 12: One must allow their hearts to not be apathetic to their brother's burdens.

Stricture 13: One must respect their family, for they're of same blood.

Stricture 14: One must not show hatred to anyone due to their race, their age, or gender.

Stricture 15: One must restrict from the use of substances which muffle and cloud the emotions as to use to deal with their pain.

Stricture 16: One must support all whom are widowed, lame, or otherwise unable to support themselves.

Stricture 17: One must not harm any man, or woman without the cause of just retribution.

Stricture 18: One must be submit under the discernment of others as to have a understanding of what is brought by justice, and what is brought by anger.

Stricture 19: One must keep themselves accountable to their spouses. And likewise hold their spouses accountable.

Stricture 20: One must not allow one's anger to provoke trouble, and pain.

Stricture 21: One must allow themselves to be counted as equal unless proven otherwise by content of character.

Stricture 22: One must not challenge or disobey those whom are appointed to authority.

Stricture 23: One must find mercy within themselves to be patient with the mistakes of others.

Stricture 24: One must find joy in whatever he has, whether little, or great.

Stricture 25: One must find the purest of joys from their spouse.

Stricture 26: It is in due right, and in way of nature that those bound in marriage should enjoy the privileges of sexual intercourse and relations. Yet, it is to be kept between the 2 lifemates, not extending to others and creating such things as orgies or brothels, for they are detestable and disgusting.

Stricture 27: One must support and nurture their spouse as they would themselves.

Stricture 28: One must love their spouse more than any worldly thing, or person.

Stricture 29: One must not hide their true nature from their spouse. For it is the true nature of lifemates that must be bound together.

Stricture 30: One must honor and follow the strictures if they wish to live a pure life, contented, and compassionately.

First~ Lovely writing as always, and I love the thought behind this. Definitely gets my +1

Tfw you had to put "Not used for combat" like 20 times. Good read though.

7 hours ago, Sir K Andruske said:

Please don't use the term wisps. It's heavily used in Arcanism and since your aesthetic is basically the same it is going to be confusing. 

my dude, I see that you're usually right about things but

you don't own wisps

which is not a general term in the first place. -- Its also an aesthetic. Which is something you also do not own. - 'Wisps' are not just Arcanism. You don't own a word. Your magic isn't going to exclusively make 'wisps'. 

wisp
wisp/
noun
plural noun: wisps
  1. a small thin or twisted bunch, piece, or amount of something.
    "wisps of smoke rose into the air"
    synonyms: strandtendrillockMore

a small bunch of hay or straw used for drying or grooming a horse.

18 hours ago, Sir K Andruske said:

Please don't use the term wisps. It's heavily used in Arcanism and since your aesthetic is basically the same it is going to be confusing. 

I took a look at arcanism, and read through the parts about wisps.

The term wisp was chosen was mainly in reference to 'Will-O-The-Wisps', and the terminology along with the explaination of said 'wisps' in the context of this magic, the word 'wisp' makes sense, and is the best term for such. Merely googling 'wisp' brings forth an image of nearly exactly what I am looking to depict. There doesnt seem to be many terms in which to describe such things that bear the immediate mental image as such without going into multiple words.

latest?cb=20110621230359Image result for will o the wisp

In arcanism (from what I've read) Energy Wisps or simplified just 'wisps' are particles of magical energy, about the size of crumbs, mere specks. As I understand it, directly emoting or referring to these wisps ingame would require additional explaination ingame for those to understand, with words like glowing  'particles' or 'specks' or even colored 'embers' being more descriptive of what is to be visualized. Likewise, as I understand it, 'wisp' is not something commonly emoted outside the context of the teaching of arcanism.

(Likewise, the aesthetic of arcanism is one of the most broad in the entire lore of LOTC, any glowing anything could easilly fit within the purview of arcanism's aesthetic. Just the reference images alone on the Canon Guide to Arcanism depict such massive variances of nearly every single ability available.)

If you have an alternative to 'wisp' that bears a similar connotation that is not excessive in wordage though, I'd be open to hear.

Thank you for submitting your piece! This is now under review and you can expect a verdict in roughly a week.

This lore is pending, you will be contacted regarding the issues raised by the lore team so you may fix it. You have 2 weeks to make the changes, beginning from when you are contacted. Once you have edited your piece, send me a forum PM and your piece will be reviewed to ensure the changes have been made.

This lore is pending, again. You have two weeks to edit your submission. PM me or @The Pink Lion once you have edited your piece.

This lore is back into pending hell, again.