[✗] Umbra Distortion [Magic]

KetchenX

6 hours ago, Cybering said:

I think this should be a dark magic

37 minutes ago, Luv said:

Fine. 

Because you were too stupid to see where I was going with the first comment, let me reiterate: 

This is a discount dark magic for people who aren't able to get actual dark magic, and it has no real purpose to exist whatsoever. It also doesn't mesh with any of the current voidal lore/workings of current voidal magic. *SHRUG*

Right, no need to be hostile now.
What exactly makes this a discount dark magic? I could have just made it a dark magic if I wanted to couldn't I have? It really wouldn't have been that hard. You say it has no purpose but while creating this magic I realized this could be a great tool for rp thieves as they currently don't have anything going for them and this would give them an edge along with bringing out decent thievery rp. Things could be implemented to make this mesh if anyone were so inclined to do so.

i'd have to agree with previous commenters who said that a shadow isn't really a thing, it's more of evidence that a thing is in front of it.  and as far as the explanation of "magic" is concerned, i'd like to see a more extensive lore post on how exactly your shadow is magic. i'd also like to see an explanation of why a shadow is able to touch things, remembering that a shadow isn't really a tangible thing.

considering everyone and everything in front of a light source has a shadow, i think it might be hard to pull it off as a magical entity. maybe you could pull this off as diety if you wrote more on its origin?  i've never seen naruto, so i'm not sure how they can explain it either.  anime physics, am i right?

Shadows are illusions

perspective shifts.

I like how people draw the line to the logic of what magic is based on at shadows of all things

I guess magic based on hair growth wasn't ridiculous enough

Okay, second round of thought: It isn't bad. But I feel like it needs a bit more fine tuning. SHADOW MAGIC ISN'T BAD, but I feel like there needs to be more direction with it. No pun intended. If you're going for the whole shadow trapping thing, it could work based off of their shadow or something like that? Problem is seeing a shadow in MC is hard but it exists and it'd be a very strong magic because shadows are well everywhere. 

For those who say its shade magic--Shade magic isn't shadow you edgy bastards, its Amber. It's black because black is cool and evil. 

I think it's a tad rude to say it's a discount dark magic, aside from rude things already said. But you could go the route of a neutral magic, like I said, I think it just needs more tweaking. 

On 7/24/2017 at 5:23 PM, Luv said:

Because you were too stupid

Do you have to be *****? He's just trying to make some magic he thinks people could enjoy; you don't have to be so rude.  

On 24/07/2017 at 3:07 AM, Luv said:

I do too love shade magic, glad the rewrite's finally out! @Tsuyose 

funny but the shade re-write isnt my job

You can't manipulate nothingness, a shadow is the absence of light. You can't manipulate the absence of something. The user should have to fill in that void with a fake "shadow" that's actually some conjuration from the void or a parasite such as a shade. Darkness can't be manipulated as it's the absence of light and matter, the "void" as we know it is the opposite of nothingness and can be defined as light. You would have to draw from the void and conjure a conjuration that resembles a shadow in order to manipulate "emptiness". 

Please contact the LT when you write lore, they can read over your lore and tell you what's wrong with it before you post it. It's their job to do this, if they're not doing it then file a staff report. 

1 hour ago, Tsuyose said:

funny but the shade re-write isnt my job

You're right, it's either Kowaman or Zarsies. 

To properly discuss your opinion, you guys should definitely avoiding insulting somebody and their work, or even the people critiquing the submission. Please head this as a warning because otherwise, I'll be locking this thread which will make it difficult for the submission to be accepted.

Oh, and I'll also slap some plebs in the process.

I change my font so you know I mean business.

1 hour ago, drfate786 said:

Please contact the LT when you write lore, they can read over your lore and tell you what's wrong with it before you post it. It's their job to do this, if they're not doing it then file a staff report. 

Do not spread misinformation, drfate786. The LT are not obligated to look over every lore piece that gets linked to us and point out every flaw before it's posted, that's what the submission process is for. Cute threat with the staff report though.

Thank you for submitting your piece! This is now under review and you can expect a verdict in roughly a week.

This lore is denied. It is too similar to Shades and Bûrgul’shon (Delf lutaumancy) without bringing uniqueness to the field, in addition it also has metagaming potential with peeking under doors and lacks a proper explanation for how the magic functions.

Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.