[✗] Tahariaen Clericalism - The Clerics of Tahariae

Farryn

4 hours ago, Farryn said:

I know you all  want change but what you want is the change that none of us want, nor ever need. I respect that you want to make the clerics strong but you must understand that the clerics of Tahariae never were the powerful combat users. Our great healing comes at a cost but I have made war clericalism different and more helpful. We can fight but we are not the paladins, but we are clerics and aiding people for purity is what we strive to do This is for the sake of keeping the clerics balanced, just like how the paladins and ascended are now balanced. The Ascended and Keepers are not impure and they will never be affected negatively by the clerical light. This is not because they are my friends… it’s because this is canon lore and I would rather not break it and cause more loopholes in the paladin, ascended, and clerical lores after the lore writers, both now and old, put so much effort into writing them and to not suddenly mess up any roleplay between the orders over something that has never happened for 3-4 years2

The last things I will say on this post is this, never has war clericalism not been held as the main directive of Tahariae. It is what is used to carry out his judgment, healing is only there to get rid of taint from gray life and get fix broken things. That is not to say healing is not an important aspect, but it is a important role play aspect not one of the deity. Because of such I am aware of its need to remain balanced between the two sub types. That is to say one does not get to be better than the other, this much from skype conversation I thought that is something agreed upon.

The change we speak of is something that is wanted if two separate cleric order leaders are saying basically the same thing unlike what you claim to be wanted. That is not to say you haven't done a good job at writting everything but war clericalism, but if you wanted to add it you should have put equal amount of effort or reached out for help in doing so.

So I will say this, before you claim to know what is wanted out of Tahariaes magic, that is a discussion I am sure everyone will be willing to have in the order chat.

I was under the impression from our talks that we were in agreence that one sub type would not faulter the other and if that became an issue that they would be separated into two separate subtypes in where someone could only learn one or the other to balance things. Though here you state that healing comes at the cost of combat.

1 hour ago, The Pink Lion said:

To clarify, now that monk magic is out of the way, I do think clerics hold a high position within the healing community. In terms of overall ability, clerics can be seen as the best. Paladins have shitty healing, and Ascended have the downside of crippling themselves with taking on the injuries, and alchemists (yes I consider alchemists as potential healers) can not handle taint or other spooky injuries. Druids are high up there with super herbs and it really depends how skilled they are before you can rank them on a power level.

I agree with Caleb here, as the rewrite for the monk magic lore has been diminished and not in the process of being worked on, effectively player monk magic has been revoked until new lore is posted.

This leaves opportunities for clerics to become the powerhouse healers, this being said though perhaps they substitute to this and get rid of dealing damage to non-corrupted beings.

As a cleric who has played since Anthos, albeit a filthy creator cleric, War Cleric was actually almost a who serprate entity. However, during the time, it soon became part of being a cleric as a whole. Clerics are not seen as these warriors, that is paladins. Any game or genre you look at, Clerics were always healers and paladins were warriors. This was a huge debate for a while about taking healing away from Paladins and War Cleric away from Clerics. Farryn has done a great job recapturing a lot of the essence that makes a cleric a cleric. If you wish to be all powerful holy fighters, make a paladin. I mean no offense to either side, but this is a bit silly. War Cleric was nearly its own magic in Anthos. You could not be t5 in both War Cleric and Priest Healing. You were mainly one or the other. With how magic has changed, I agree with Farryn on toning down War Clerics a little. It needs to be more balanced.

49 minutes ago, Time Lady of Kittens said:

As a cleric who has played since Anthos, albeit a filthy creator cleric, War Cleric was actually almost a who serprate entity. However, during the time, it soon became part of being a cleric as a whole. Clerics are not seen as these warriors, that is paladins. Any game or genre you look at, Clerics were always healers and paladins were warriors. This was a huge debate for a while about taking healing away from Paladins and War Cleric away from Clerics. Farryn has done a great job recapturing a lot of the essence that makes a cleric a cleric. If you wish to be all powerful holy fighters, make a paladin. I mean no offense to either side, but this is a bit silly. War Cleric was nearly its own magic in Anthos. You could not be t5 in both War Cleric and Priest Healing. You were mainly one or the other. With how magic has changed, I agree with Farryn on toning down War Clerics a little. It needs to be more balanced.

I agree with you on the fact that one should changed should the other be better but at the same time an agreement was came to that if a rewrite were to happen one would not take away from the other and if this became an issue that it would have to be separated once more.

On the topic of clerics being healers, it is a vague term used in game and fiction and though commonly are such it can differ. The fact is on LoTC for most clerics, it's not the magic that comes with it but the deity which draws us in. You are right we very well could go make a Paladin, but Xan has a lot of different ideals and values than Tahariae. What makes me passionate about playing a cleric is the structure that the character has to follow more than the magic. The hunting down of dark magic users and seeking out taint in the name of god and the role play that comes with where as Xan is about keeping the natural world order(could be worded better).

Thank you for submitting your piece! This is now under review and you can expect a verdict in roughly a week.

Even though it is in review stage, id like to still cast my vote.

as a Cleric i dont want this, To only be good at one type of cleric magic while what we fight can have up to 5 OR MORE

And warclericism is so weak now. i vote no.

(Late because i was busy with life)

2 hours ago, Greekbro33 said:

Even though it is in review stage, id like to still cast my vote.

as a Cleric i dont want this, To only be good at one type of cleric magic while what we fight can have up to 5 OR MORE

And warclericism is so weak now. i vote no.

(Late because i was busy with life)

Become a paladin

On 8/3/2017 at 0:57 AM, Lynx said:

You are right we very well could go make a Paladin, but Xan has a lot of different ideals and values than Tahariae. What makes me passionate about playing a cleric is the structure that the character has to follow more than the magic. The hunting down of dark magic users and seeking out taint in the name of god and the role play that comes with where as Xan is about keeping the natural world order(could be worded better).

11 hours ago, Nekkore said:

Become a paladin

The fact that everyone's answer to the issue of war clericalism is become a paladin is fairly sad, it is sad because that eludes to the fact you view it as just a "magic" and not a way of life to be role played. Tahariae and Xan have very separated goals and things that they ask their followers to live by. That would be the same as telling a shaman to get rid of freygoth, denounce the spirits, and become a Druid. It's not simply a magic; its character structure, its a way of life, it's a set of guidelines, it's not just some random magic that can just be swapped for the hell of it.

Edited by Lynx

11 hours ago, Nekkore said:

Become a paladin

Ha ha ha I see what you did there!

This Lore has been denied at the request of the writer.

Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.