Bardmancy - Minstrels of the Void

Zarsies

42 minutes ago, Tox said:

Mainly if this is going to be voidal I assume this will have to subcategorize under an illusionary magic, what's the point of introducing this concept if there's already such covered by the fields of illusion? I'd like what you think it could add that illusion can't perhaps a bit of insight to your intentions for this lore would be grateful.

My intention is to make an entirely supportive, auxiliary, non-combative class that does nothing but create roleplay and offer tools not otherwise utilized or tropes not otherwise employed.

32 minutes ago, SuperDuckyGamer said:

-Can you self-teach it? If so, what archtype of magic does it go under?

-Do you need to know how to play an instrument if you want to use it?

-Does the magic put you in a state of trance, where you can't exactly identify what's causing the effect? If not, does it affect the mind to do that?

-Do you need a specific metal for metal strings, or a specific hair for ha

There's no reason not to but I am unsure if the MT would like that. I'd rather wait to see how the lore team approaches the magic before deciding whether or not it should be self-teachable. It would categorize under illusion.

Yup. Time to learn.

The effects are felt but not everyone may immediately realize that the friendly tavern bard's sixth song is making them all rowdy and he's inciting a bar fight. 

I suppose not. Perhaps different metals and different hairs produce your own flavor of sound.

3 minutes ago, Zarsies said:

My intention is to make an entirely supportive, auxiliary, non-combative class that does nothing but create roleplay and offer tools not otherwise utilized or tropes not otherwise employed.

My biggest argument is that this is just over powered sensory illusion fantisms

2 minutes ago, Tox said:

My biggest argument is that this is just over powered sensory illusion fantisms

Contribute and help me make bardmancy great then :v the point of posting lore is for feedback

2 minutes ago, Zarsies said:

Contribute and help me make bardmancy great then :v the point of posting lore is for feedback

Not making it sensory illusion >:V, I personally always wanted to see a deity based bard that can do more support class things than inspiring forced fantasms. I'll get back to you on more greater details.

1 minute ago, Tox said:

Not making it sensory illusion >:V, I personally always wanted to see a deity based bard that can do more support class things than inspiring forced fantasms. I'll get back to you on more greater details.

I thought it was Sensory Manipulation

Just now, DrakeHaze. said:

I thought it was Sensory Manipulation

Sensory Illusion allows the "Manipulation" of emotions by projecting images/feelings/ideas into the subconscious to allow the conscious mind to fish up, like perhaps giving them the image of their favorite moment with a loved one to calm them down etc. You can use this to make them feel like they're being inspired by music or that they enjoy the tune etc but you can't force it upon them, only a suggestive push to the emotion.

3 minutes ago, Tox said:

Sensory Illusion allows the "Manipulation" of emotions by projecting images/feelings/ideas into the subconscious to allow the conscious mind to fish up, like perhaps giving them the image of their favorite moment with a loved one to calm them down etc. You can use this to make them feel like they're being inspired by music or that they enjoy the tune etc but you can't force it upon them, only a suggestive push to the emotion.

So then the problem lies in that this Bardmancy is forced manipulation as opposed to suggested manipulation. Forcing something is always seen as powergaming within most Roleplay, though I've been wondering. How is it that someone can be forced healed is it due to the magic being deity based or the way that magic works entirely?

15 minutes ago, Zarsies said:

Is this a true display of T5 bards at work?

-

Though in honesty, despite it being as some say glorified sensory illusion, perhaps add some other elements towards it? Maybe some object manipulation, lesser gravity in an area, ext.

Make it unique and strange, something unexpected and not predictable. This can help be a supportive magic more so then just creating sense of sound.

Another example:

Thank you for submitting your piece! This is now under review and you can expect a verdict in roughly a week.

This lore is pending, you will be contacted regarding the issues raised by the lore team so you may fix it. You have 2 weeks to make the changes, beginning from when you are contacted. Once you have edited your piece, send me a forum PM and your piece will be reviewed to ensure the changes have been made.

This lore has been killed and moved to denied.