Welcome to The Lord Of The Craft

We're currently the #1 Minecraft Roleplaying Server, fitted with custom plugins, a unique crafting system, custom character cards and an incredibly active and passionate community; We're serious about Roleplay and we're always eager for new faces!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Harold

Tutorial Island

21 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

Today I have something nice to bring to the community. With the sudden influx of new applications, 140+ over the last two months, the Admins and Application team came to the conclusion that we must prioritize the project known as tutorial island. This was included under my own agenda here. Built by Angmarzku, and let to sit for months, I decided to take on the project myself when I came into the role. What I found was an incredibly well built island, and we went from there. Tutorial island has a very important purpose, and one I saw almost immediately as needing to be done not only properly, but thoroughly too. One of the big things we’ve taken away from polling the community and speaking about player retention is that there's a steep learning curve when they come join us in Axios. With Kowaman helping with the technical side of things, we went about setting up and turning the bulk of information that isn’t very interesting to new players into a new, more accessible, and fun format.

We hope you like it.

0ce27e46c117742d644c1f90ef771fd8.png

Tutorial island is open now through a boat at spawn docks!

Spoiler

first

hehehe

Yeah, we should probably make it so newcomers are forced into tutorial island, or make it more easily accessed.

shoulda made the entrance like 5 steps away from where you actually spawn, that way it's one of the first things new players see.

Finally. You've listened.

23 minutes ago, Aesopian said:

Yeah, we should probably make it so newcomers are forced into tutorial island, or make it more easily accessed.

I hope this is a thing.

it was a fun project to take up. thx harold for completing it

I haven't seen it yet, but good job nevertheless!

Barrows Minigame coming out soon

WvR0RcE.png

Yeah, what these guys are saying.

New players have trouble just figuring out what to do once they're at spawn. They don't know where anything is or how they would get there even if they did. It'd be best if you just threw new players into the tutorial island right as they join or at least have it obviously in their path out of the temple.

I've also found personally that it's highly effective to guide players to the best, most active community their race/subrace has to offer. For instance, I lead all Dark Elves I see join to the Warhawkes rather than other settlements because as far as Dark Elves go, they are by far the best in terms of activity, attitude, and overall community. This leads to greater player retention. Likewise, I lead Wood Elves to Linandria and High Elves to Haelun'or. I don't usually bother with races other than Elves. Every person I can think of I've done this with is still playing.

eeeeyyyy

In addition to the location of the teleport to Tutorial Island (which is a tiny hard to notice and easily missable boiat) there's a typo or a bug on the woodworking profession. 

https://gyazo.com/36312f68a63eef6a475fe71c5c0ad337 

It starts with the first line about tinkers for some reason. 

1 minute ago, Archipelego said:

eeeeyyyy

eeeeyyyy

*Tps to Lumby*