On the Heavens

Sagwort

What I want to know is:

Does the planet lotc resides on have a name? I asked this like a year ago and people laughed at me

42 minutes ago, KiausT (The Alpha ****) said:

What I want to know is:

Does the planet lotc resides on have a name? I asked this like a year ago and people laughed at me

Really? That's a shame. 

To be honest, it would have been easier to refer to it by name rather than 'the physical plane' or 'the mortal plane'. The names we've given to the other planets are arbitrary labels if anything. Sooo... name the mortal plane whatever you want, I guess? I've heard that each side of the mortal plane has different names. One is called Aos and one is apparently called Eos or something like that. You could call the whole thing 'Terra' or something if you wanted, since it would be flexio for 'earth'? Not sure, really. 

Genuine question, and unsure if answered but if so please re-itterate for me, what exactly is the purpose of this lore? Is it simply to add depth to the universe we inhabit, or does it have alterier motives attatched? Also, is this all able to be learned through in-character means? If so, how and what impact would it have (apart from, 'i have more knowledge, cool' sort of deal).

17 minutes ago, Sky said:

Genuine question, and unsure if answered but if so please re-itterate for me, what exactly is the purpose of this lore? Is it simply to add depth to the universe we inhabit, or does it have alterier motives attatched? Also, is this all able to be learned through in-character means? If so, how and what impact would it have (apart from, 'i have more knowledge, cool' sort of deal).
c

This lore has no direct impact on day to day roleplay.  Really, it was made for people who wish to study astronomy in-game.  Oocly, I suppose it might, down the line, provide guidance for people who want to add more lore pertaining to the cosmology of lotc whether that be deific or magic or whatever.  Or, allow the event team to make more consistent astronomical events such as eclipses (which is another topic entirely, our system does not allow for eclipses even though one has occurred in-game before leading us to conclude that eclipses must be supernatural in nature) or something similar to that.

Put simply, it adds depth to our world but is really only relevant to people who are rply interested in astronomy.  As stated in the post, we presented it as an rp thesis because we wanted it to be accessible for everyone rply.  We also provided only information one would be able to conclude by viewing these astral phenomena from the surface of the physical plane.  So in that sense, this is all able to be learned through in-character means.  Whether that be through observation or by reading this as though you found it in a library.

Edit: areas of more... "lore" interest that we might go into more detail later, or someone else can, include the exact nature of these celestial bodies, what they like, etc...  I have heard people say that they are the realms of Aenguls and Daemons which is of some major debate since theese realms are supposed to be immaterial.  We purposefully did not go into much detail on that topic for that reason.  I suppose they might be simple projections of the actual realms from the point of view of the physical plane, or maybe they're all gaseous, or maybe they're portals to the realm only accessible to the Aenguls and Daemons, idk but a lot of potential.

Edited by Sagwort

I don't see why this submission wouldn't pass the mark.

It's like the one of a handful of entries on the matter of astronomy and fits with lore already established IG. Plus it's following the good faith and making the lore entry an ACTUAL IC DOCUMENT. Wow, now that's what I call application to the server as a whole!

My only question is, what would happen if I looked at the moon through the magnified lens of a scope. What would I see?

I use default texture pack. Most others do as well. Lots of cool RP comes from showing players star patterns that they can functionally use in MC. Rangers, ho!

@Sagwort Could you please transfer all of the contents of your google doc into the initial post?

3 hours ago, The Pink Lion said:

Could you please transfer all of the contents of your google doc into the initial post?

It's done, unfortunately, due to formatting issues many of the diagrams and all of the equations could not be brought in.  If you are concerned about us "altering" the lore... the most relevant information is within the text itself and won't be changed.

Edited by Sagwort

12 minutes ago, Sagwort said:

It's done, unfortunately, due to formatting issues many of the diagrams and all of the equations could not be brought in.  If you are concerned about us "altering" the lore... the most relevant information is within the text itself and won't be changed.

I got an idea. - Take a screenshot of every page, right? - Keep the link for the most 'updated' lore piece via the lore writer. 
Put these screenshots up on the page here. You keep all your math equations, right, and the actual contents of the page in both ways. 

@The Pink Lion

3 minutes ago, Kinslayer said:

I got an idea. - Take a screenshot of every page, right? - Keep the link for the most 'updated' lore piece via the lore writer. 
Put these screenshots up on the page here. You keep all your math equations, right, and the actual contents of the page in both ways. 

@The Pink Lion

A screenshot would be fine, we just can't have docs used as those can be trashed/removed by the lore writer, and as Sagwort mentioned already, they can also be altered.

4 hours ago, The Pink Lion said:

@Sagwort Could you please transfer all of the contents of your google doc into the initial post?

Alright, I took a screenshots of each section and organized them into spoilers for easy reading.

Thank you for submitting your piece! This is now under review and you can expect a verdict in roughly a week.

Edit: Apologies for the wait, this will require further discussion.

Double Edit: After some discussion, this is denied. It defines some things that we'd rather leave in the dark and also conflicts with how some immortal realms are situated.