[Shelved]Bûrgul’shon - Dark Elven Lataumancy

Smaw

don't understand why you'd take away the orcs' specialty magic to benefit a small group of dark elves, tbh.

4 minutes ago, char-char~ said:

don't understand why you'd take away the orcs' specialty magic to benefit a small group of dark elves, tbh.

how is this taking away anything what

44 minutes ago, Time Lady of Kittens said:

I am still intimidated playing one, mainly cause blah makes the race seem so....well...hard to incorperate into

Why do people still perceive Blah to be this big scary thing no one understands when it just blatantly isn't.

I would understand if your only experience was with someone who used extremely heavy blah, but besides that there's no other reason for anyone to be intimidated by blah.

Blah is much more simpler than people make it out to be. Replace s with z, replace o with u, use the basic words that are on the wiki and multiple blah reformation posts. Compared to what blah was a year or two ago it's much more simpler with the exception of a few people who use heavy blah.

3 minutes ago, Areon said:

how is this taking away anything what

It's taking something unique to a race which is inaccessible and unappealing to many players, and giving it to a very accessible, very appealing subrace. Why roleplay an orc shaman cursed to be hideous and bloodthirsty when you can roleplay a beautiful immortal dark elf who gets the exact same powers?

1 minute ago, char-char~ said:

It's taking something unique to a race which is inaccessible and unappealing to many players, and giving it to a very accessible, very appealing subrace. Why roleplay an orc shaman cursed to be hideous and bloodthirsty when you can roleplay a beautiful immortal dark elf who gets the exact same powers?

This is literally something completely different than orcish shamanism. Infact, this is a clarification / abilities recommendation on something already accepted.

Also, funfact: Theres more lutaumen dark elves than orcs already.

2 minutes ago, Areon said:

This is literally something completely different than orcish shamanism. Infact, this is a clarification / abilities recommendation on something already accepted.

Also, funfact: Theres more lutaumen dark elves than orcs already.

sorry, I can't read

I love this lore and given everything we have come up with in group chats to flesh out the dark elves, it fits perfectly. I don't see why people are making such a fuss when racial magics are honestly a stupid idea, so thank goodness no such thing exists on LoTC. 1+

Just now, char-char~ said:

sorry, I can't read

hGJyYmI.gif

There is already nothing stopping Shamanism being spread just like other racial magics are spread. None are racial locked and new groups taking new approaches to things should be encouraged. This is similar to Thulean druidism in a way yet it seeks to offer a lot of RP to a group that has been trying to define itself.

Two Shamanism groups being ran in different ways means you have two chances at a time to make a successful RP group. 

I don't think "HUR DUR SHAMAN ORC THING"

is a reason for this to not pass

its distinct, creative and nice

i'd love to see this pass

can i eat the spirits that're used for this and steal the magic?

19 minutes ago, John Wick said:

can i eat the spirits that're used for this and steal the magic?

Thats not how dark shamanism works anymore.

1 hour ago, Sir K Andruske said:

Two Shamanism groups being ran in different ways means you have two chances at a time to make a successful RP group. 

And it means that there will always be another group who is directly related to Orcish culture for the Orcs to interact with.

(Especially with a generally popular race like Dark Elves

Guess we ought to make orcs the only one's allowed to have muscles too.

A copy of the same thing is one thing but demanding exclusivity for an entire genre seems a bit selfish. It'd be nice to see dark elves get magic with the RP that they've been doing for years.