[Shelved]Bûrgul’shon - Dark Elven Lataumancy

Smaw

One of the main reasons to play an Orc is shamanism, this was already fucked a bit when Shamans traded their magic willy nilly for cyber and what not. If this passes, it's going to hurt the Orcs more, which they really don't need right now.

Just gonna chime in here for the first time in a month, apologies for my absence. But most of you on this thread don't seem to realize that there has been rp and lore to build this for a looooooong time. It was only this year that Dak became a shaman but my character began that path literally years ago, from rping with the uruks in the fringe actually which led to the first ancestor temple. It was something that started as an interest and then I began to add it into the already existing sort of dunmer style that Baconthief had originally. It was never meant as some sort of secret shadow shaman group to take away shamanism from the orcs as I keep people tinfoiling over, they did a good enough job doing that themselves. I created a culture and a faith to give the people who kept getting dejected because "hurr hurr ur a cybur elf, k pvp now". So that was what I did. The fact that it led to lore and people coming to me with general interest in something, that to me seemed generally hated by everyone, was honestly one of the things I'm most proud of doing on this server. But I read through the comments and it honestly just brings me back into that state of mind that I had to leave a month ago. What'll I do? Prolly log on for a laugh. Does any of this matter? Got my doubts. Will I immediately go have a smoke because it feels like this paragraph just f*cked me? Most definitely.

My history aside story, I very much enjoy this lore but would love to know what it means for all two of the massive dark elven shaman army we apparently have. Or will this be completely separate from Lutaumancy and the Ancestral Plane? Because I have concerns if this means the current state is changing.

4 hours ago, Sir K Andruske said:

There is already nothing stopping Shamanism being spread just like other racial magics are spread. None are racial locked and new groups taking new approaches to things should be encouraged.

There is nothing saying that Shamanism is a racial locked magic, but Shamanism ties back to the race of Orcs in General. Some Shaman could care less about the Orcs and say they could just teach someone the language of the Spirits (Old Blah, Black Tongue) from their lessons. Old Blah is a vast language and eventually derived into the Orcs usage of Blah, but for most occasions this seems to be overstepped and doesn't relate Regular Blah to Old Blah in any way. Orcs are more prone to Old Blah than any of the other races simply because they associate themselves more with the Spirits, where most others don't nor should they because they have their own lores. This is not saying that I am against other races learning either

Imo it doesn't make sense that people don't affiliate their person with people who actually speak Blah. Some people dont affiliate regular blah with old blah in any way, but the apprentice can skip regular blah and learn the more advanced and comprehensive old blah?

3 hours ago, Dakirennis said:

Just gonna chime in here for the first time in a month, apologies for my absence. But most of you on this thread don't seem to realize that there has been rp and lore to build this for a looooooong time. It was only this year that Dak became a shaman but my character began that path literally years ago,

The only thing is you were taught by a whitewash order at the time.

7 hours ago, Areon said:

Theres more lutaumen dark elves than orcs already.

That's the ******* problem. Our culture is already being stolen.

If you're a dark elf and you truly want to learn shamanism to convene with your dead then you attain it through becoming an honorary like a few elves- namely Phaedrus or Dakirennis -did it. True, this could take months or even a few years like Dakirennis said. But it's a legitimate way of attaining it and generates for you hours and hours of gameplay and rp, this is how you as a dark elf should attain shamanism - a key and very precious denomination of our lore and culture...  not through some lazy, half arsed method such as this one, that serves only to half the time and effort it actually takes for an outsider to gain shamanism. 

I like the prospect, but it's a bad time to implement this when our shaman situation is shredded.

11 hours ago, Honor said:

To be honest, Smaw. I usually adore your lore posts, but I have to agree on DPM on this one. Elves already have too many magics and the orcs too few. Creating a shamanic-type magic for none-orcs would add even less reason to play an Orc. -1

Elves have zero racial magics, orcs have several.

Orcs, technically, have all the magics in the world. What's stopping you from learning void magic on an orc character?

Oh as a side note druidism is the racial magic for wood elves and every single other race has had the ability to learn it for years. It hasnt stopped wood elven druids from making it an integral part of our culture and unique from non-wood elf druids.

Saying "either I'm the only one who can have it or it'll be ruined" is pretty narrow minded and selfish in my opinion.

7 hours ago, Dakirennis said:

My history aside story, I very much enjoy this lore but would love to know what it means for all two of the massive dark elven shaman army we apparently have. Or will this be completely separate from Lutaumancy and the Ancestral Plane? Because I have concerns if this means the current state is changing.

It's still Latumancy, but with access to Dark Elven Ancestrals exclusively, while cutting them off from the Orcs. Basically it makes it so that Orc Ancestrals are for Orcs, and Dark Elven Ancestrals are for Dark Elves.

@Honor That's the ******* problem. Our culture is already being stolen.

It pains me to say it but the Orcs don't really have much of a culture to show at the moment. You haven't even used Shamanism at any significant length since Vailor. You're wrong if you think it should be exclusively for you, and even more erroneous if you think it's the saving grace of the Orcs.

If you want to improve you need to provide more for the culture than Shamanism, and you need to do more than hunting and raiding. You need to get rid of Blah because it's entirely useless, and you need to get rid of the idiots that are ruining everything instead of clinging to them and their atrocious RP in order to keep numbers.

@Smawyou misspelled it, again.

Lutaumancy

ya dumnwit.

also, it looks good! +1

2 hours ago, 吳憾戰士14 said:

What's stopping you from learning void magic on an orc character?

The exact same social reasons why a woodelf wouldn't. it's taboo and whitewashable.

Elves have no exclusive only magic. There have been several that started with elves but have far since branched off to other races and has for a long time. 

4 hours ago, Smaw said:

It's still Latumancy, but with access to Dark Elven Ancestrals exclusively, while cutting them off from the Orcs. Basically it makes it so that Orc Ancestrals are for Orcs, and Dark Elven Ancestrals are for Dark Elves.

So what would the explanation for previous spirit walking and ancestral plane rp if this were to pass? The 'Ker suddenly moving realms I mean. Or will this sort of be a moment where Luara and Khruul go to Kor about moving the darkie spirits there to their rightful realm?

6 hours ago, 吳憾戰士14 said:

Orcs, technically, have all the magics in the world. What's stopping you from learning void magic on an orc character?

Well, to be honest. Orcs value all things natural. Elves don't. Our culture is being stolen here, and we can't simply change our culture to be more like other races because then there's even less reason to play Orcs. Elves on the other hand, can learn voidal magics, druidism, shamanism, rune smithing, flesh smithing and all the rest. We have a culture dedicated to Spirituality. The problem here is that everyone wants to be an elf, because you're immortal, pretty, fast and have a big playerbase.

Which is exactly why we are so protective about our culture being outright ripped from our nation. We don't exactly have alot going for us anymore. 

We're big, strong and ugly uruks, that are honourable. (Which frankly, is a big disadvantage.) For this reason, we tend to get all the uruks on the server in one nation.

On a side note, what's stopping elves from becoming honouraries and learning shamanism instead of skipping the effort and just making your own shamanism?

4 hours ago, Smaw said:

It pains me to say it but the Orcs don't really have much of a culture to show at the moment.

Then why do you take it away?

If Dakirennis is available to pass down these teachings, I don't really see the problem. There's explanations established in RP for this fission to occur within shamanism. The argument for Orcish culture in my opinion kind of faded when you regressed back into trolly ways after a year's, more than a year's honestly but let's just round to be fair, of RP from multiple groups as an attempt to bring Orcish RP out of the muck. There was a point where the shaman circle considered leaving the Uzg because the War Nation was just so toxic to the traditions they were trying to protect, so none of that. You have a Rex named ***** something or other, let's just get real here.

The only reason non-Orcs ever gained such a foothold in shamanism is because they displayed more honor than the established populous of the Uzg and were more promising students to those with the ability to teach. Just let that sink in, to the naysayers. You were the ones who brought this about, and you have no right to get up in arms now. Shamanism was Orcish until Athera, with one or two exceptions before then. You had plenty of time to establish a proper circle to protect your traditions that you OOCly cling to, but never actually practice.

Edited by CosmicWhaleShark

8 hours ago, Honor said:

The only thing is you were taught by a whitewash order at the time.

That's the ******* problem. Our culture is already being stolen.

I'm starting to doubt you actually read the post before commenting.

2 minutes ago, Areon said:

I'm starting to doubt you actually read the post before commenting.

If you think I cared what people thought of me I'd post all these rude comments?

Edited by Honor

Onto the actual lore piece. As I was reading it, other than specific names and what not in the lore, nothing really jumped out at me as out of place. This is what dark elves should have been from the beginning. Not necessarily exactly everything in this lore piece but something like it. Dark elf spiritual RP isn't a new thing and it's the best RP I've had on this server.