[Shelved]Bûrgul’shon - Dark Elven Lataumancy

Smaw

22 hours ago, Humanistic said:

For the most part, Deities that aren't of that aspect don't like voidal magic because it's literally nothing. At least Deity powers come from Spirits themselves rather than manipulating something that isn't there.

There needs to also be consideration of where Shamanism lies currently in its sad state, there are very few shamans probably less than their dark shaman counterparts but Farseeing and Lataumancy are lacking greatly in the nation which are practically the guiding sub-types of the Orcish Culture. Rationally speaking, I don't see any reason for new additions and sub-types to a magic type that is already lacking within it's main and most influential sub-types.

Spirits reign over a vast array of emotions, but there is no physical "happiness" or "anger" in the world so much as the reaction to those states of being, in much the same way that things are drawn from the Void; which must arguably be something. Therefore a Spirit of the Void would not be dissimilar from a Spirit of Anger or Bloodlust.

It's lacking because the people who were responsible for the Magic decided not to take it anywhere. I don't think the Dark Elves should be devoid of interesting RP and unique cultural aspects simply because the Orcs can't get their act together.

16 hours ago, Smaw said:

It's lacking because the people who were responsible for the Magic decided not to take it anywhere. I don't think the Dark Elves should be devoid of interesting RP and unique cultural aspects simply because the Orcs can't get their act together.

That's not the current Orcs' fault, though. We have very few Witch Doctors and you yourself was a Witch-Doctor.

That's basically like saying; 'Oh, John did something wrong, your fault Bob!' Seriously?

This lore is now on trial! Please check out the pinned topic in this subforum or PM me for more information on how trials function.

Edit: Trial has been postponed and now ends on October 30th.

Lore has been shelved and moved to the appropriate subforum. If you have questions about why this specific lore has been shelved, please contact me via forum PM or over discord at Flamboyant#8856