[Shelved]Bûrgul’shon - Dark Elven Lataumancy

Smaw

1 minute ago, L0rdB0rd said:

As mingpow said, Lutauamancy is most definitely a uruk only magic. Stop trying to take **** away from uruks. The playerbase is small already. The more you give away, the less uruks you'll have. So honestly, stop trying to steal urukish lore. Blood magic stole our lore, and we lost uruks. Azdrazi stole our lore, and we lost uruks. Stop stealing our **** for your own magic. Just play an uruk.

e58.jpg

1 minute ago, Smaw said:

This takes nothing from the Orcs if you actually bothered to read the submission.

I read it, it's just as soon as I see you messing with spirits, giving more to other races and taking away from the Urukish Shamanism in general, I gotta -1

9 minutes ago, Humanistic said:

An Immortal Spirit of Shadows. That does not explain that these specific Immortal Spirits have any relevancy to Stargush'Stroh in any way. It might be a shadow of the Mortal Realm but it clearly states in the previous post that

"Kruul accepted the challenge presented, and both of the Spirits worked in unison to create a pocket of Stargush'Stroh that would house the Mali’ker."

Yeah, but I don't see your point from here on. It's very easy to influence Stargush'Stroh. Hell, even previous iterations of Dark Shamans have.

6 minutes ago, L0rdB0rd said:

I read it, it's just as soon as I see you messing with spirits, giving more to other races and taking away from the Urukish Shamanism in general, I gotta -1

I've given more to "Orcish" Shamanism than I've written for the Dark Elves; which is two pieces of lore.

Edited by Smaw

1 minute ago, L0rdB0rd said:

The fact that this is written by two former shamans, with oversight from another, to make "actual" shamanism separate from that in which the dark elves practice, proves that this takes nothing from actual shamanism whatsoever, nor the orcs.

Just now, Smaw said:

very easy to influence Stargush'Stroh

Dark Shamans should really only have few and certain accessibility to Stargush'Stroh, but as a final resting place for Orcs and those who believe in Spirit's it should not be 'easily' influenced. The Spirit of Moon and Shadow have their own place in the domain of the Immortal Realm, not to leave their realm and somehow manipulate Stargush'Stroh to make some sort of special place for Elves to live separate of the Orcs.

Just now, Humanistic said:

Dark Shamans should really only have few and certain accessibility to Stargush'Stroh, but as a final resting place for Orcs and those who believe in Spirit's it should not be 'easily' influenced. The Spirit of Moon and Shadow have their own place in the domain of the Immortal Realm, not to leave their realm and somehow manipulate Stargush'Stroh to make some sort of special place for Elves to live separate of the Orcs.

You do know the entire Ancestral Realm was made by 1 Immortal Spirit right? There is no reason for Kruul and Luara to have a section or make their own place for dark elves.

6 minutes ago, Humanistic said:

To be fair it's not really supposed to be in Stargush'Stroh, I was strong-armed into doing that to get it accepted. It should exist outside of it and I'd rather see the LT amend that.

My opinion may not be worth much but I believe that Farseeing or Witchdoctoring are more appropriate for Dark Elves than Lutaumancy.

5 minutes ago, DivineJustice said:

You do know the entire Ancestral Realm was made by 1 Immortal Spirit right? There is no reason for Kruul and Luara to have a section or make their own place for dark elves.

An Immortal Spirit created Stargush'Stroh huh?

16f151720cff5cc4765c34077bf929ed.png

In no way, should the final resting place of Orcs and Spirit Believers be easy to manipulate. Immortal and Elemental Realms make more sense of being easier to manipulate than the Ancestral Realm

1 minute ago, _Jandy_ said:

My opinion may not be worth much but I believe that Farseeing or Witchdoctoring are more appropriate for Dark Elves than Lutaumancy.

Whilst I would agree, you see the struggle the playerbase has with even separate dark elves from orcish shamanism in this, let alone open up more to them lmao

4 minutes ago, Areon said:

Whilst I would agree, you see the struggle the playerbase has with even separate dark elves from orcish shamanism in this, let alone open up more to them lmao

Most of them don't really realize how closely tied Dark Elves have been to shamanism in the past 1-3 years, or so that's how it seems to me. So I'm more inclined to simply ignore what they have to say but I understand what they are saying in a broader sense. Yes, Orcs should hold a heavy priority over Shamanism in all situations but when it comes down to it the Orcs aren't losing much of anything. Sure you don't have to be an Orc to have some Shamanism if this lore is accepted and I suppose that will affect how people go about making characters that they would like to be shamans. BUT if somebody wants to make a character who masters being a shaman in all its glory then they would have to make an Orc. So that's how I see it all right now, correct me if I'm wrong.

(Also, Shamanism should not be the main reason people have an interest in playing an Orc. Being an Orc and learning the culture and meeting the playerbase should be reason enough to interest people into playing an Orc. If those reasons don't make people interested in the race then people need to focus on other things before the wellbeing of a racial magic.

4 minutes ago, _Jandy_ said:

(Also, Shamanism should not be the main reason people have an interest in playing an Orc. Being an Orc and learning the culture and meeting the playerbase should be reason enough to interest people into playing an Orc. If those reasons don't make people interested in the race then people need to focus on other things before the wellbeing of a racial magic.

+1 to this

Phaedrus wasnt an orc but he put a LOT of effort into learning their culture and such, even becoming the only elven rex. The fact that people are saying "shamanism is only orc magic" should take a step back and look at how the orcs dwindle and are a bit more meh towards new players.

I am still intimidated playing one, mainly cause blah makes the race seem so....well...hard to incorperate into. Stop complaining about making magic race locked and start fixing what is broken for your race and enticing new players (and old) to play an orc. 

1 hour ago, DPM said:

smh shamanism should be for orcs and only orcs

yup.

I get orc magic without having to play an orc. -1 because this hurts my feelings. And I'm only 13