[Interest Check] The Ebonguard

Valorane

Interest Check  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts on this Guild?

• Make it!
    • I am indifferent on the matter.
    • Don't make it. (Please leave a reply or PM.)
    • I would be willing to join this organization on my main character.
    • I would be willing to join this organization on my alt character.
    • I would not want to join this order.
    • I am a guild leader that would be interested in some for of interaction or storyline as enemies. (Please PM me!)
    • I am a guild leader that would be interested in some for of interaction or storyline as allies. (Please PM me!)

The Ebonguard

kk4ECVD9631AaAlMgHifdtX_2gSl8bjcfAMPWHhm-33HNeRiCZqsaQPNND7NzcIYtPpaUp0gylTlzadXsH3TBVHJbp_SGntIkyOVwAE0Gpj95FSZnTdh8gMw3pgOuqQGFKjnxkaJ

Know no glory; know no fear.

OOC Note: This is an interest check to gather opinions on a guild idea I had. Everything here is a rough draft, and by no means a finished concept. While I’m aware there are many holy orders that have similar goals, and other guilds with IC objectives, I wanted to get a feel for the public opinion on a guild with these core IC and OOC beliefs. As well as see if this type of roleplay would interest anyone or any other groups, spook oriented or otherwise that are looking for interactions and possibly storylines. Please either message me on the forums or leave a reply with any feedback, suggestions, concerns, or otherwise. 

Summary

The Ebonguard is a brotherhood of mortals who value the sanctity of life and the natural cycle. In a realm full of impure beings, Undead, Frost Witches, Liches, Izkuthii, there is a need for purity. The Ebonguard’s purpose is to protect the lives and purity of the Descendants of the four fathers. Krug, Urguan, Horen, and Malin. It is their core belief that anything that alters a Descendant to either give them unnatural abilities beyond voidal magic, or immortality, is to be eradicated. This being said, this is not their only duty. They live to serve the realm as a whole, as well as mortal life. Be it a group of bandits causing terror, or a new global threat on the horizon, they will rise to the occasion and if need be give their lives to defeat their enemies.

They do not fight for honor or glory, nor for wealth or titles. They expect no thanks, nor compensation. They serve no gods or deities, nor themselves. When called upon, they will come.

Core OOC Principles

- Promote enjoyable and interesting roleplay

- Avoid metagaming and powergaming at all costs, even if enemies do not share the same common decency.

- Being OOCly friendly with IC enemies.

- Keeping IC & OOC separate. 

- OOCly coordinating events and storylines with other guilds and groups, enemies and allies alike.

- Expect defeat more often than victory, the fun of others matters.

- Heavy Military/Brotherhood oriented RP.

- Operating on an honor system. Even if others do not act fairly, we shall. We will not try to pressure PK’s under any circumstance.

Core IC Principles
- Safeguard mortal life when the opportunity arises. 
- Maintain purity of the Descendants and the natural cycle of life.
- Duty over honor.

Vows
These vows are a part of the Ebonguard’s oath, and are rules for all members to abide by.

The oath hasn't been written yet, this is merely the points I wanted in it.

- Duty above all else, life for the realm.
- Own no titles; own no lands.
- Forsake all family ties, the Ebonguard is family.
- The oath is for life, unless discharged.
- Take no wife or husband. (Special permission may be granted.)
- Father no children. (Special permission may be granted.)

Note to Guild Leaders

Spoiler

There is no denying that in the current state of our community OOC conflict between allies and enemies is common over IC matters. I believe in part this is due to a lack of communication. As a result, I encourage all guild leaders, enemy or ally, to reach out to me if you are interested in organizing an event or perhaps a storyline, conflict or cooperation, between our groups for our players. Organizing losses/wins OOCly beforehand in RP battles could greatly reduce OOC conflict between members, as is prevalent in our community, though it is by no means required. I would be glad to organize storylines or events with you, be they conflict oriented or otherwise.

Recruitment
Recruitment for the Ebonguard has two parts, IC and OOC.

-OOC-
The Ebonguard is a group for mature and like-minded roleplayers, as such we screen for people prone to OOC conflict with other players, and people who are accustomed to meta-gaming and power-gaming. Please mention the word 'Goat' in your reply if you actually read the whole thing, it's easier for me to see feedback that way. I really appreciate you taking the time to read this.

We welcome mature and seasoned role-players. However if you don’t think yourself a great roleplayer, but more serious RP interests you, we welcome those who seek to improve their roleplay skills.

-IC-
While some people are excellent individuals and friends OOC, we still keep IC and OOC separate. All recruitment is handled in RP,  generally this will occur over an extended period of time so we can get a good feel of you and your character and make sure you are a good fit for the group.

Organization
The organization of the order is structured to change based on the Orders numbers. There are two statuses the order will fall under. 
Force Understrength - When the order lacks able-bodied members, and falls below a count of ten active members, the force is considered at an understrength. They may be required to operate in secret and utilize guerrilla tactics.
Full Strength - When the order exceeds ten active members, it will be at full strength and may be capable of acting more openly as other orders.

Spoiler

Fledgling

Spoiler

The initiate rank to the Ebonguard. These are the newest recruits who have not yet taken their oath. They are still in training and adapting to the order, and have yet to prove themselves loyal to the cause.

Venator

Spoiler

The rank above Fledgling. Venators have yet to taken their oath. They have proven themselves loyal to the order and its cause. One will remain a Venator until they are assigned a branch and officer and take their oath.

-Ranger-

Spoiler

Rangers are the core military force of the order. They have taken their oath and pledged their life to serve the order until their service ends. They commonly organize patrols and lead hunts on beasts and impure. They are expected to fight in battles and on rare occasions wars. 

-Journeyman-

Spoiler

These are the mages and tinkerers of the order. They have taken their oath and pledged their life to serve the order until their service ends. They commonly accompany Rangers in their tasks in battle, however are often consulted for things pertaining to magic and research. They are also expected to document the happenings within the order and organize reports.

-Agent-

Spoiler

These are the spies and diplomats of the order. They have taken their oath and pledged their life to serve the order until their service ends. Diplomatic Agents are tasked with maintaining peace and acting as envoys with nation and guild leaders. Espionage oriented Agents act as spies, tasked with infiltrating our enemies and acting as the eyes and ears of the order. Agents are expected to fight alongside their brothers and sisters in times of need.

=First Ranger=

Spoiler

The first Ranger has proven himself fully dedicated to the order. He is tasked with organizing and maintaining the Rangers. His tasks include reporting to the Commander, enacting discipline within his branch, and leading forces into battle.

=Mystic=

Spoiler

The Mystic is the officer in charge of maintaining the Journeymen. He is tasked with organizing projects and research, reporting to the Commander, and often teaching Journeymen. As every officer, he is expected to enact discipline within his branch.

=Ambassador=

Spoiler

The Ambassador is the office in charge of all Agents, diplomatic and espionage related. He is tasked with organizing Agents to maintain wide coverage of eyes and ears, enacting discipline within his branch, and carrying out high-priority diplomatic missions.

~Commander~

Spoiler

The Commander is the acting leader of the Ebonguard. In times of understrength or in the event there is a vacant officer position, he takes a more direct role in maintaining and leading the order. He is in charge over overseeing officers, and enacting discipline.

Goat.

Sorry, sounds too alike other guilds, brings nothing new to the table and there's a bazillion inactive ones exactly like these, and 200 barely active ones.

It's uninspired, to put it bluntly. Go back to the drawing board and grab something that's interesting and eye-catching if you want a good response (from me at least)

Edited by Chaotikal

1 hour ago, TheFireAce said:

It is their core belief that anything that alters a Descendant to either give them unnatural abilities beyond voidal magic, or immortality, is to be eradicated

b-but what about druids?

goat

Most groups that go for this sorta thing do it poorly. If you were really true to this, then it could possibly go well.

22 hours ago, ski_king3 said:

Most groups that go for this sorta thing do it poorly. If you were really true to this, then it could possibly go well.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm well aware of this. My primary concern with the idea was the large amount of groups who had done it and failed, I figured I would either do it right or not at all, and currently I haven't got enough interest for a dedicated playerbase so I think it is unlikely that this will get off the ground.

PM me within the next couple of days to verify activity.

This current Guild has been deemed inactive and has hereby been moved. If you wish to appeal this decision you must present evidence to myself proving the guild is still active.