The forums have been updated to IPS Community Version 4.2.2 - We're still working on improving the theme for everyone to enjoy so please hang tight. We will also hopefully have new features soon to share with you all.

Welcome to The Lord Of The Craft

We're currently the #1 Minecraft Roleplaying Server, fitted with custom plugins, a unique crafting system, custom character cards and an incredibly active and passionate community; We're serious about Roleplay and we're always eager for new faces!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Ford

[Poll] Player Input on Event Types, Come on in

Event Types  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Planned/Scheduled Events -- Which type(s) do you prefer for these kinds of events?

• RP only/pure RP (perhaps occasional roll-play, but primarily typing/text)
    • RP with PvE elements (roleplay scenario that leads into mobs being spawned for players to fight for the climax of the event)
    • RP with PvP elements (roleplay scenario that leads into PvP with the event team members hosting for the climax of the event)
    • RP with PvP and PvE (roleplay scenario that leads into PvP/PvE with event team members)
  2. 2. Unplanned/Unscheduled/On the whim -- Which type(s) do you prefer for these kinds of events?

• RP only/pure RP (perhaps occasional roll-play, but primarily typing/text)
    • RP with PvE elements (roleplay scenario that leads into mobs being spawned for players to fight for the climax of the event)
    • RP with PvP elements (roleplay scenario that leads into PvP with the event team members hosting for the climax of the event)
    • RP with PvP and PvE (roleplay scenario that leads into PvP/PvE with event team members)

7 posts in this topic

aYO hOl Up

Players have all sorts of tastes and ideas and things that pique their interest, and it's the event team's duty to try and sate all of these desires for you guys within each of our events. I intend to make another feedback thread (may or may not be a poll) where players will go into the specifics of what types of events they'd like, but I thought I'd just start out with asking you all about the three mechanical types: PvP, PvE, or RP. This is for both unplanned or planned events, scheduled or unscheduled, on the whim, etc.

From my current understanding, there's a small portion of the server that enjoys PvP, a moderate portion that enjoys PvE and PvP, a moderate portion that enjoys PvE, and a decently large portion that enjoys RP only.

This is only from my understanding, however, so it's not safe to just assume. It's important to ask the community what they want of course. So, here's a poll. This'll be shared with the Event Team as well. 

Additionally, feel free to post suggestions or comments or anything below, tell me if an option needs to be added to the poll, or if it's too vague or too specific, etc.

So events with rollplay, when the ET gets upset he just says never mind and goes off in an emote or forces you to roll again because he attacked 'twice'.

Rp with PVE, the ET does **** emotes for a **** event that has no plot, no story, and relies on PVE and mass amounts of mobs to save his ass. 

Rp with PVP. The ET disguises as an iron golem, gives himself resistance and strength and reks everyone and takes their gear and uses it in the next warzone. 

Rp with PVP and PVE, reasons 2 and 3 combined. 

Stop asking us this **** and ask us what really matters, what ET we like. Then look at those well liked ET and adapt off of them.

The Staff does this every time there is a change in admins or team lead. You try to act new with the help of the community instead of the first logical decision. Look at the ET who are well liked and what events they do, you will learn a lot Ford.

Edited by L0rdLawyer

12 minutes ago, VioletPepsi said:

@Ford

Can you do giant toad events?

58b.png

: ^ ) 

It's a possibility, of course.

where's the options that shows

[ ] world events that happen at orcs instead a dragon coming out of their volcano and having it being left as a side thing with relevance for completely different player groups

please

tyvm

4 minutes ago, Ford said:

: ^ ) 

It's a possibility, of course.

how about

giant telepathic toad events?

In all seriousness, I probably have to give some real feedback or else I'll get a warning point. I believe events should be all text based and have little to no rolling or pvp. I find that, that makes events more enjoyable (at least for me). I don't want my precious magic items to be useless!

Edited by VioletPepsi