[Creature Lore] Voidmites

E__V__O

X8aSPZzdf3YpPpASK9T9FxKBocKBasrgNG3WcbEX0mgEufIpJEf_Ge0p0_fdHDWPrwl_ngS4fXZApRVSgKpu0zNaKq-l_Is3SKD2vf0m5_B4sIwZSMt3AMDsRxA0TWe9HMWayjGT

c4Qpv_dYhozDfliKlyRjYcYGP2crpb_lJwaoTmjxOex6aUo0ksN32eHTwEXSqNAv3IB5k4xUIKJToAIG4tJrsIjc6SpY95G5Vj1trb7TFIgPwYyhL-pYiK-NdWH0LSHXZes8-igJ

The Voidmite is a creature of unknown origin, all that is understood is how they function and where they reside. The voidmite as known by the name, lives within the void- although can be seen throughout the veil unsure of how it got to that plane or if created within it able to transfer itself between both, though it’s the mite’s key to life and growth. The Voidmite can only survive whilst within the void as it breathes a plethora of energies passing through it majority being of magic. From this a trail of energy is created for the mite to follow and locate food which the voidmite is required to devour in order to grow, they prefer inanimate objects besides organics, the void would have an abundance of food for these creatures; however empty the void is Voidmites can slip into pockets from the void and begin to feast on belongings by secreting a biological goop that’ll go to slowly melt down substances for consumption. Once the inanimate object has fully liquidated to goop the voidmite will begin to drink the liquid till fully consumed.

The reproduction cycle of a voidmite is however unknown as it has never been documented or understood the most common theory is once the voidmite has fully matured it splits itself in half and creates a copy reforming themselves. It’s unclear of why a voidmite would need to reproduce, it can be due to the size of the voidmite being too large or an occurrence that cannot be stopped upon full maturity. 

qOsNuZFBwnWIVnzKf7zX6rOPToP982tIjbgwRbK6GGsxhd8xCBKTJR1ZByt_irKITCMD_c-SP9mkiwBMErpOnrJ13ej2Jwl3Cw4vSxS08huOgPl2nxmUmcf1d6-ve0THi9v6FtCG

pqnpsUwdda2TERgL0AOGqmvOdByIMoOpDYeFZkqI8pWvTM-FCxSQ7k4u5CVzMvFT3yZZJG6Z0q0eT7vVwZ1Jm_fVRky5nnvmysM0hDnCxKisNJRBUBiHPXB-048X1oUfXir278DD

A voidmite is a small creature in relative size, being full maturity having the length of a meter, a voidmite is slow moving within the void/veil more so wiggling to pass through it rather than using its legs being the quicker speed to move, the legs are more or less used in assistance in climbing. The mite’s squishy composure is mostly filled with resin it devours, seemingly not disposing of anything after and only growing in size further and further developing new possibilities inside of itself to further new strains of life. No mind or brain can be found within a voidmite, seemly to act based on intuition rather then intelligence. Although no armor or strong hide, the voidmite can be popped like a pimple if ever put into contact, yet once the voidmite dies nothing will leak from it’s body but it’ll slip into a different part of the veil almost as a safety measure and begin to reform, this is how it is able to transfer between the veil and the void on whim; translocating itself through Interdimensional means. The voidmite can be considered a living organic itself although it’s more or less a simple cell function, able to be manipulated by different forces, although this’ll be giving a breath of life to the voidmite if outside the void, consuming the energy coming from the mage resisting any type of damage brought on by voidal arts.

UmQuSbEAILI1Io0fjCixPBA6dUyyGLg1JyvwkbAlqXMz6gHTpQMHHEVggmBbQtvzWkwBuejERr6Illf-9q8-UbzuzSD91sY-kDQY5urrlFhmMzJ0Um568--78gOMkkWb7kxs3FgC

pwRuzAfUtxBjFO8nIc3_nS3urZacE0HiOJprbJuhuXuwX6ro5iQQiLx7UCL9izBnTo851CWwMuYB3wbegvjJ9jOPQndfHBHCuR5aH_0Ih7lV935bj18u5vNkAPyF4g3tapi4svSB

Rifts are where voidmites can emerge from, these rifts are distortions within the void that open a gateway for the mite to exit out and reside within the overland, although only for a minimal time, if the voidmite cannot breath within two minutes upon summoned it’ll seem to burst, returning back into the void unable to adapt to the current atmosphere and pressure of the land. However on rare occurrences rifts can open from void mages, mostly through the use of shifting and translocation where a voidmite might accidentally slip through and escape. Certain strains of voidmites can be found, being different colours adapting to the environment and trying to focus a living in the area almost like a parasite mutating for the current environment.

In this case, a voidmite can attach themselves towards organical individuals and attempt to drain energy from them to survive and adapt to the current land, however easily taken care of and disposable as the voidmite doesn’t eat organic flesh the secretion of goop will never occur. A voidmite should be taken under extreme caution however, despite the cute appearance they’ll become deadly towards individuals of all nature the drain will hardly feel like it is taking effect till the voidmite grows to mature stage where pincers will feel like they’re stabbing into your body as it’ll continuously drain you till death or removed.

GBMVnvMGzcbkLuH100ntjvD33sAPpKG_4_mWg0QymcQJsaxc37auC3_LTWbIQ0CxRADJZrwtBdscEFRJrjKUqLW0qaC4b4Xq998v_RryxKTqK3XDRu51nCV_G9NGdW3dpeOU7DMh

H_aJu2J3ORj7HAS14tAnitZFBGOZIPP4u7N5luqnrZCK0apNRb0jARg1_Yr2EMPWDP2msScbiHIl_z6HPs6FRxRnk3r2zlJKEHq1BNjt4yqjzzCPPlfq3O5pwcFS1ExAYAg6tuOf

As these creatures are beings of some kind of nature, if done carefully one can be dissected without a death occurring in attempt to discover it’s body structure and form, upon this discovery conjurationists will be able to create these creatures, however difficult to control only basic commands can be given. Once summoned these creatures will last for as long as mana is brought into them and 2 minutes after unless they’re able to gather more energy is into them. These creatures are then returned to the void to live. These creatures can be affected by other magic.

Transfigurationists are able to setup pocket-regions and trap these voidmites inside of it for a short time before they’re able to escape, these voidmites can then be resummoned shortly after.

Blood mages can summon these creatures from the void/veil, however once no energy is given to them they’ll be sent back.

OOC:

This is lore for the Minecraft mob "Endermites". I thought this could be good to introduce to the server. These will not be playable besides by ET and or people that have them as a pet which they captured through an event.

Image result for endermite

This is how the mob looks like fyi.

This was a good read but to my understanding, and correct me if I'm wrong, I thought it was clear that the void was strictly suppose to be a realm of complete nothingness besides the arcanic energies that reside within it. If I'm wrong, I'll definitely +1 it.

Edited by LeoRabbit99

Just now, LeoRabbit99 said:

This was a good read but to my understanding, and correct me if I'm wrong, I thought it was clear that the void was strictly suppose to be a realm of complete nothingness besides the arcanic energies that reside within it. If I am wrong, I'll +1 it.

You're not wrong, though these beings have no set origin story, they can cross between the veil and the void, seeping to devour energy for survival. Which the void has most so it crosses from the veil and adapted to the environment. 

2 hours ago, Sir K Andruske said:

It's relation to other magics and summoning doesnt make much sense imo.

I understand / know it goes against what conjuration is, though as it's a void creature with no sentience and reproduction stated to be splitting themselves. I worded in that conjurationists are able to summon these creatures direct from the void if they understood them.

That's where a redline breaking would occur, though only for these creatures.
-
However the reason I did this was to introduce the 'creature' more in role-play as it'll be pretty rare to see/encounter, as it'll only last a certain amount of time and a little niche thing. The reason why it's always 2 minutes till sent back to the void as it is how endermites work in MC.

ff97cbbc9ee89d02523b11690104dd85.png
312de14b9917a0031fcaf3f307ff84f3.png

and i'm trying to give endermites lore for possible additions elsewhere. I wrote them here to be in a sense mana-drainers, feeding off on it.

Transfigs setting up void cages is weird.

Bloodmages summon horrors. These seem to be an actual creature.

The void is basically white-noise. So much information that it becomes null. Are you saying these creatures can eat things stored there? 

Why not involve translocationists and shifters more directly? Their magic lore much more closely ties in. 

Can they be warded? Can they be altered? 

9 minutes ago, Sir K Andruske said:

Transfigs setting up void cages is weird.

Bloodmages summon horrors. These seem to be an actual creature.

The void is basically white-noise. So much information that it becomes null. Are you saying these creatures can eat things stored there? 

Why not involve translocationists and shifters more directly? Their magic lore much more closely ties in. 

Can they be warded? Can they be altered? 

1) They can slowly pass through the veil and the void, adapting strains eventually to perform such. So a cage won't hold them for long.

2) Bloodmages summon horrors, these are creatures running off instinct rather then wits, a parasite persay. Though the origin might've not been from the veil/void but that is where they now reside to survive, which is why Conjurationists can summon them.

3) They do, every now and then a translocationist or shifter as they're opening portals from the void to the realm even briefly as it is can drag a voidmite with them.

4) All magic affects them, no void magic hurts them. They essentially eat mana. Though they can be popped like a pimple so very physically weak.

2 minutes ago, CheesyNgreasy said:

That seriously looks like a living fleshlight

You're a dirty minded person.

Saw the one you had. Its cute. I like it and I hope it gets accepted. 

This lore will remain in pending, so you may make changes in the next two weeks. If it is not ready to be reviewed again at that time, it will be denied.

There are contradictions between this piece and voidal horror lore. Likewise, it doesn't make sense for them to be immune to voidal magic when voidal horrors are susceptible to voidal magics. Likewise, players shouldn't be able to make them, or probably have them generally. They could make a good event creature, potentially. Work on the origins some more, we would suggest.

30 minutes ago, ski_king3 said:

Will I be working with someone on the LT/MT directly to get opinions on what exactly should change or no?

As i've tried to contact a few LT/MT about this lore piece even tagging them on this topic, I have decided to self-deny this lore to clear it up.

The reason is due to no help being given on the exacts of what needs to be changed and how to change them in a way to satisfy the team.