All-Fatherism

_pr0fit

5 hours ago, Gladuos said:

But humans get to go to the Seven Skies instead of becoming stuck in the soul stream. 

Normally yes, they would go into the soul stream and be sorted into the seven skies, but with the hundreds of thousands of souls being sent into the soul stream all at once they were able to break away forming an amalgomous mass capable of resisting the constant pull with the help of priests who are constantly anchoring it.

On 8/24/2017 at 2:22 AM, ski_king3 said:

Under review, expect a verdict in about a week.

If denied, would we be able to resubmit with edits or is this a one shot affair? There are certainly some red lines that would be nice to add on certain blessings. The intent of the magic in the end was to provide a magic focused on buffing others (forcing you to actually interact with other people who consent to the magic!!). In looking through the magic I noticed a lack of dedicated support magics. While the Fatherist mythos contains some offensive options it is primarily intended to be an rp buff to allied warriors. Priests would be casting blessings to increase courage or lessen pain prior to the onset of a battle or even during it. The nuclear option of becoming 'overwhelmed' is supposedly underpowered for a blessing requiring PK. However I feel like that adheres to the magic's intent of remaining supportive. Would be more than glad to answer or break down any portion of Fatherist magic that anyone has any inquiries on.

This lore has been denied.

There were a fair few issues with this one. One of the big ones is that an apparition couldn't really overpower an Aengul. Likewise, the idea that lore could be written to confirm an ICly developed religion was seen to be problematic by some, especially when other attempts to do so for humans have been denied in the past. The magic also lacks proper limitations and seems a bit OP, and would need to be defined better across the board. Apparitions wouldn't realistically be capable of granting many if any of these powers listed. There aren't a whole lot of weaknesses, either.

If I were to make a suggestion, I would rewrite this involving some opportunistic Aengul or Daemon (which you might have to introduce) utilizing the existing Norlandic religion to its own ends, pretending to be the All-Father for its own benefit. This, paired with a more balanced set of abilities, and the opportunity for this opportunistic deity to find others who might utilize its gifts as well, could potentially prove to be an acceptable piece of magic lore that still suits your needs.