[Racial/Creature Lore] The Vermeinka

Perkins

The Vermeinka 

Origins

The Vermeinka were said to firstly originate from a new species of Rattiki that chose a different part than the others of its kin and evolved differently, yet this theory is not proven to be cannon or true at all.There's another theory for their origins that talks about a line of rats that were experimented on with Dark Arts and even Alchemy in order to make a new creature. Eventually the first Vermeinka were created, in the beginning they were nothing more but Rats walking on two legs yet that changed as in time they started observing their master's, slowly learning how to do jobs such as moving objects and even slowly learning how to use tools such as knives to skin animals for their masters before cooking them and axes for cutting down pieces of wood and making decent wooden huts. As generations past the now elder Vermeinka started to passing down their knowledges to the youth.

Yet the wiser and more intelligent they became, the more their arrogance grew sometimes even starting to defy their masters and at moments even trying to escape. Yet their was one thing that stopped them each time from trying to escape, their greed and arrogance for the time the Vermeinkas were taught the meaning of mina and gold , each one of them wanted it for themselves. In time they started creating their own language which they named 'Vremeinki' , consisting of growls, hisses and rat noises yet after generations they slowly learnt  some common words and  at that point their twisted and filthy language was born. In the end the Vermeinka forcefully had to unite in a single force and so one day they were able to escape from their masters by digging the very ground beneath them with their slenderish fingers and sharp claws. This theory is widely accepted on the Vermeinka creation but who knows what the truth might be.

Appearance

The Vermeinka are seen as rat-like humanoids, standing at around 4-5'6 feet tall though their backs often seem hunched if not always. Although most of them have hair , some Vermeinka are hairless, whether be a genetical mutation or from fights with each other and eventually scratching or biting off their hair and fur. The Vermeinka come in many different colours but most commonly dark , brown , red and grey fur and hairless. Their eyes often are yellow, red and even green in colour but dark and brown have been seen in some Vermeinka. Their arms are long and slenderish with their claws sharp and long, perfect for digging the soil.The claws often growning long at 3-5 inches. Their tails are hairless as in most rat-like and rodent species and their teeth long and sharp. Their rodent snouts are good for smelling the different smells around them, especially when they are in dark places and cant see they use their good smelling in order to find out intruders or creatures nearby.

5996a9151c471_.jpg.a9386f2c5f5a7e7774a65b8305a91138.jpg

Clothing

The Vermeinka clothing are very simpled, often scavenging pieces of armors and weapons after battles or taking ragged clothes, yet most Vermeinka often take bandages and scrolls that they can find, wrapping them around their arms, legs and jaws in order to hide losing hair , cover diseased places of their skin or just wrap scrolls around their feet and legs in order to avoid serious injuries from sharp objects on the floor. Some modern Vermeinka though have started wearing cloaks in order to stay hidden from the rest of the races. 

Biology: The Vermeinka are an intelligent race, they seem to be able to understand the basic things happening on the world around them yet they also have an animalistic side inside them. Due to that animalistic side they often fight with each other for no reasons and they easily get annoyed and angry. Another fact about their Biology is that the Vermeinka can be very sneaky, often prefering to hide in dark corners or alleys, waiting for a victim to attack and steal. Even amongst each other the Vermeinka are known for stealing from their neighbours and even going in disputes with them for the simple reason of who gets to eat first or who is worthy of taking all the shiny objects.

In a single pregnancy the females can give birth to even 4-7 cubs and more . Due to this the Vermeinka have thousands of their kin all around the realm , mostly living in underground areas or caves of Axios. Except from being good thieves and bandits that can go in their destination almost unnoticed , Vermeinka are also very fast due to their hunched state and small stature that makes them faster and enables them to run with all the limbs. 

Diet: The Vermeinka diet often consists of different kinds of meat / flesh and dairy products, but if the Vermeinka get very hungry they can basically eat whatever is around them, including other races. Due to this fact and in order to sustain their numbers the Vermeinka will often lead raid inside cities in attempts to find food or even infestate the food storages and houses. Vermeinka will also go inside the sewers  of a city in order to find  different sewer creatures to feast from, such as insects and even rats (Yes, Ratpeople eating rats sounds weird). The Vermeinka will often place traps inside sewers in order to catch rats or even hire a 'Rat Herder', a Vermeinka specializing in taming rats and basically herding them for their meat as a farmer would do with their herd of cows. The Rat Herders are so honored by their government and people that they are often given permissions to run around battlefields with their rat swarms who are often let un-fed for a while in order to be attack and feast on the attackers, for the rank of a 'Rat Herder' is great because in times of minimum foods in the storages , the Rat Herders are the one that will set up traps in order to catch the rats around their settlements and sewers.

Society and Religion: The Vermeinka live in societies in very tight underground societies , their houses often being made from wooden sacks with simple moss/hay roofs to even holes in the walls of the city that lead to different rooms. Vermeinka commonly also adourn their houses with various animal skulls as well as scratches on the walls and even piles of shiny objects and underground crystals , their beds being often very simple, made from animal furs and hides tied together on the floor or different clothes and rags wrapped around wood supportings forming a bed of sorts. The Vermeinka society is a very cruel place in which the winner takes it all and the loser gets nothing so the individuals themselves must always keep an eye out for rivals that might try to murder them, a death with no honor indeed.

The leader of the Vermeinka is called 'The Ratlord' or else known in their own language as 'Vermerkronf' (Vermer standing for Rat and Kronf for Lord/Leader). The Ratlords orders are imminent and those that defy the Ratlords will are often punished. The Ratlord is the one that setups the food raids and the various attacks on settlements and the in order for someone else to become the new Ratlord the old one must either get killed and the killer to rule or his children to success him.

The Vermeinka Ratlord has the roles of both a normal leader and a religious one, able to change the religion the Vermeinka praise whenever he wants or set blood sacrifices consisting of innocent victims. But almost all Vermeinka believe in a higher deity that feeds on their acts of treachery and murders, punishing the weak and blessing the strong yet since there is no known deity like this their higher deity can be assumed as a creation of the imagination of the first Ratlord in order to keep the citizens in obedience and stop riots in order for them to unite in one religion and essentialy have power over each citizen.

Language: Hello=R'iekrat

You= Aekl

Are= Arrkt

Is=Irrzt

They=Zirsk

Rat=Vermer

Lord/Leader=Kronf

City/Settlement= Sarkaazt

Attack= Kurchat

World=Bleightur

Human= Haarktu

Elf=Errktu (Wood Elf= Treerktu , Dark Elf =Vuurktu, High Elf= Jurktu)

Dwarf=B'uurftu (Translating to Beard-thing)

Orc= Uruuktu (Uruk-thing)

Darkness= Vuurft

Good Morning = Ekrat'Heert (Translating to 'Good Light')

Light= Heert

Good= Ekrat

Good Night= Ekrat'Vuurft

kill= Ksaalt

raid= Reerkut

Weak/Pathetic=Pirfit

The Vermeinka dont really pronounce a , an that much as they prefer to have their sentences simple, they speak quickly and with very often pauses for example:

"I Krakt attacked a Wood Elf last night, you are a weakling."

"Meh Krakt kurchat Treerktu last Vuurft, aekl-aekl arrkt pirfit."

Yet because the Vermeinka themselves believe their old language is hard they mostly speak broken common without using the a, an and often repeating words in some sentences such as:

"An attack is going to happen tonight, yes !"

"Attack going happen tonight, yes-yes!"

images.jpg.821bb31ed4e56b96fcc4f8735a0bd8d7.jpg

*OOC: I took inspiration to write about this race from a comment I made a day ago. I saw that some people supported this idea so here I am again , this took me lots of hours to make and I hope that we will see the Vermeinka in this map or the other one atleast. That was all I had to say and I really hope this suggestion gets accepted, yet again its the Lore Team's decision not mine. Also I know that we have many races and so I say that adding them would make the RP slightly better for everyone. Rat-people stealing food from the sewers or underground and only for them to disappear after hours. Welp thats what I had to say and I hope this gets accepted.

Edited by Periklis02

Axios already has enough native races. I do love the idea of rat people, but I feel like it would be better executed as an event line rather than a playable race. It would potentially fit a lot better on the next map. Sprawling underground ruins inhabited by ratfolk would be pretty neat but not appropriate for the lore of Axios.

maybe next map, definitely not a new race, but maybe event-only creatures.

I would like it to be playable and well, they could just appear in Axios like all other descedants secretely and then they went to the new map where they started their things idk

Surely next map but yeah it would be nice as a playable race

Ratski willski takeoverski theski worldski dotski

I'd definitely play a ratperson; It's something different than the pre-existing animal races. Namely two things; It's really hard to fetishize something that looks literally like an upright rat, not an anthropomorphized cat, and their origins are seperate from the others that exist, giving them a unique sort of demeanor. Also, ratpeople have always interested me among universes where beastpeople exist.

As always, I think you should try to keep it playable, even if it starts out as players helping out the ET and LT for a trial run at first. That sound like a good compromise?

You'd also do better rewriting this to fit with the upcoming map, rather than this one. Make them a native of that one. This one already has a lot of natives, and it's close to death. You could ask for help from the people who are working on it, though they might be reluctant to give any spoilers out.

Aaaaand finally... Perhaps the easiest point to rectify: Polish this thing up a little more. Formatting, paragraphs, headers, proofreading, all that stuff. If you want it to be a playable race, it's got to be easy to find the information you need, as a player, on the page. And keeping everything clumped into entire big paragraphs with tiny titles makes that slightly more difficult.

Yes, that indeed sounds like a good compromise, thanks alot and I will do my best to polish it and change it for the upcoming map

no

I'm pretty sure there is already an event rat race @Periklis02. We don't need more races that won't be played.

1 hour ago, AnotherDay said:

no

I'm pretty sure there is already an event rat race @Periklis02. We don't need more races that won't be played.

also the lore references said rat race multiple times and stems from it

3 hours ago, TheCritsyBear said:

It's really hard to fetishize something that looks literally like an upright rat

Just wait, man... Just wait..

As for thread, I like it. Unfortunately, there's too many playable creatures running about imo, it already destroys the fantasy and unique vibe. I root for them as event creatures, not as playable ones, though.

There already is a rat people et only race, the Rataki.

7d06e7ad00cf3c82bb37e3e6eb7d58fd.gif