[Shelved][Antimagic Rewrite] Iconoclasts; Breaker of Connections

GDPR 014

1 hour ago, Man of Respect said:

new type of voidal magic because people can't stand taking the RP consequences of having to PK someone to empower his own character (since magic is all around making yourself stronger in lord of the craft)

facepalm-jesus-thats-not-how-this-works-thats-not-how-any-of-this-works.jpg.f53148d2b6a56254512f7db1312dbf98.jpg

You should probably read on before you make assumptions. It takes on all magic slots, don't know how that can't empower a character of mine nor is this a rewrite catered for myself. Really good meme, Sandk1ng.

I have to admit I'm not a huge fan of this... As I play a fi mage myself (soul split), I feel like most of the flavour of the magic is being taken away, it was being weak, and I enjoyed being some crazy guy who was sick all the time. I don't really like the disconnection thing, shouldn't be there and I don't think this is the type of rewrite we need... But thats only my opinion I guess. 

Also what the hell happens to soul split fi mages? they lose magic too? ;o

1 hour ago, ArcanicFable said:

facepalm-jesus-thats-not-how-this-works-thats-not-how-any-of-this-works.jpg.f53148d2b6a56254512f7db1312dbf98.jpg

You should probably read on before you make assumptions. It takes on all magic slots, don't know how that can't empower a character of mine nor is this a rewrite catered for myself. Really good meme, Sandk1ng.

I know it takes up all the magic slots as it balances the magic, which, at the same time, when you remove the need of taking one's soul away, it also makes so that it takes up all your magic slots. But this makes it feel just like a different evocation that takes away other people's evocations.

In the other hand, it also opens room for some sort of "guild of mages" or forces them to be in a circlejerk with other people, where they rely completely on them. I am, yes, refering to different people. You know, that classes thing, where you have a fire mage, an ice mage, an arcane mage and an anti-magic mage?

The second part was a joke meant to poke at people, but the first sentence, from my point of view, is true

new type of voidal magic because people can't stand taking the RP consequences of having to PK someone

This rewrite just makes them be... mages. This is my point of view though.

This doesn't address all the issues the LT/MT had with the magic (admittedly a stupid long time ago), but it's definitely an improvement. Glad to see it up there!

i dont think this will end up too well, sorry fam. nice read tho

13 hours ago, ArcanicFable said:

Long Connection Magics (I.E. Voidal, Deity, etc.)

T1 Iconoclast will nullify a T1 & T2 spell and slightly soften a T3’s spell. No effect on T4 & T5.

T2 Iconoclast will nullify a T1-T3  and slightly soften a T4’s spell to T3. No effect on T5.

T3 Iconoclast will nullify a T1-T4 and slightly soften a T5 to T4.

T4 Iconoclast will nullify T1-T4 and soften a T5 spell to the strength of a T3-T2 mage.

T5’s Iconoclast will nullify T1-T5

• Able to silence magic for five days maximum without ooc consent.

So not only would this magic be able to completely render a stronger mage's spell useless at T1, T2, and T3 but also is able to force an effect upon someone for nearly a week? 

That seems overpowered, especially the latter part. Without ooc consent it should be something more like 30 mins to 24 hours, if the victim's player is willing however go wild. Magics should enhance roleplay and add something to it. Forcing a five day effect on someone without their consent is just going to leave people angry or unwilling to rp with this magic.

And I have to agree with Sandk1ng about the whole avoiding consequences. The current lore at least shows that this power comes at great cost, a heavy burden upon the heart and mind. It's interesting. What even would happen to the stolen soul a current Fi' user has?

The whole no learning magics or other connections doesn't serve as an adequate replacement as pretty sure Fi' users already have that set upon them. Plus you've made it so a month after disconnection a former Fi' user could make those connections anyways... 

Difficult to get people to realize. An anti mage is meant to stop magics, thats the entire purpose of the it - Having it weak in comparison to... magic, just doesnt make sense.

As someone who has been playing an Anti-Mage since the early Fringe, I have to say that I am really impressed with this re-write. One thing though that I am not too happy about is the loss of a soul sacrifice. This is really what set the magic apart from others and what made it not only difficult to procure, but also helped shape peoples' characters. So far, this is my only qualm with the re-write.

3 minutes ago, zaezae said:

WAIT. You forgot to put in that all fi-mages are gay. =/

That's not true, I **** plenty of female mages. :^)

Just now, The (un)FunnyMann said:

That's not true, I **** plenty of female mages. :^)

You only need one beard man =c

This lore will remain in pending, and you will be able to make changes for the next two weeks. If changes are not made for a secondary review by then, this lore will be denied.

There isn't any reason to introduce disconnection into this magic. Most also found it problematic to shift a magic currently widely known as being a dark magic, to being a neutral magic, and that previously when a rewrite was determined to be necessary, we felt the non-dark version ought to be removed rather than the dark version. Silencing without OOC consent should be for a shorter period of time, and permanent silencing should be able to be reverted with a minimum time they must fulfill (if someone gives OOC consent to be permanently silenced, but changes their mind, they must submit to the silencing for a minimum period, but not permanently). Also, draining 50% of passive mana was deemed an issue, as one could theoretically do this from literally anything, like rocks and frogs. Likewise, sensing other magics has been removed from all other magics, and shouldn't be present here. Redirecting should not allow for mana to be given to people.

Admittedly, different LT had different issues with the lore, and thus it is plausible that the lore could pass with some but not all listed changes. It might be easiest to include a changelog if changes are made, so LT can see if their preferred balances are made or not.

5 hours ago, ski_king3 said:

Admittedly, different LT had different issues with the lore, and thus it is plausible that the lore could pass with some but not all listed changes. It might be easiest to include a changelog if changes are made, so LT can see if their preferred balances are made or not.

Allow me to say it's beyond helpful if the LT would disclose their preferred changes to further speed up the acceptance of this lore.

Most of this is do able.  Ill talk with Phil on what changes we will make though I do want redirection to stay.  Also to clarify redirect it only gives casting power.  It doesnt recharge mana.