The Brotherhood of the Golden Lion

ofVpHgM.png

Brotherhood of the Golden Lion

The Brotherhood of the Golden Lion is a group of individuals marked as Xan’s Chosen- the Paladins. They all share in a goal divinely appointed by Xan and the Creator - to preSirve the Order against Chaos, and to defend the Descendants against Chaos. Each Paladin is gifted with the Boon of Xan, the Mists. The Mists, however, show themselves in different ways based upon the preference of the Paladin. These two ways are known as the Vindicators and the Wrymstalkers. Vindicators, Xan’s warriors, use their Mists for predominantly melee combat. Wrymstalkers, on the other hand, shape the Mists for the benefit of ranged combat. No matter the path, the Paladins Sirve as a united Brotherhood stalwart against Chaos.

Let it be known to all who hold enmity with our Xan, the Aengul of Order and Guardianship, that the Paladin’s of Xan are active in carrying out our divinely-appointed mission within the Descendant’s realm. To any of support this divine mission, let it be known you shall have the support of the Brotherhood in all your efforts to purge the taint that blights our lands. The Maker and his chosen Divine will it, and so it shall be done!

Information

Spoiler

Ranks:

The ranks descend from the Divinely appointed, to the humble Novitiate.

Prophet

The Prophet of Xan, usually a seat reSirved for Xan’s descendants, the Athna, serves as the spiritual leader for all who profess loyalty unto the Ivory King. Despite tradition, however, Prophets have and continue to be self-proclaimed.

~~~Current~~~

Leric (ArchAengulXan)

Keeper

Keepers are chosen champions of Xan; his hands upon the realm. They are examples of his direct influence upon the realm, fulfilling his duties as how their patron sees fit. In doing so, they moderate Xan's Paladins, ensuring his blessed boon is not abused, and the creeds are not forgotten.

~~Current~~~

Lady Vailoen Tresery (Delmodan)

Leric (ArchAengulXan)

Sir Mithras Sylvari (aerialkebab)

High Paladin

The High Paladin of Xan is the chosen leader of the Patron’s holy brethren. It is they to whom all ultimately answer to, and it is upon their shoulders alone that the Brotherhood’s direction rests.

~~~Current~~~

Sir Salem Vincrute the Wyvernbane, Vindicator (Conspirator_)

Grand Master

The Grand Master is aide to the High Paladin, serving as general and overseer. To become Grand Master is to stand ardently by the High Paladin’s side, handling the general operations of the Order.

~~~Current~~~

N/A

Master Paladin

Master Paladins are the chosen few of Xan who have taken it upon themselves enact as the vanguard of humanity.. It is they who are responsible for those apprentices taught, and it is they who conduct the final trial of an Novitiate.

~~~Current~~~

Lady Alirya Vincrute, Wrymstalker (Wanderingfiend)

Sir Izier Vincrute, Wrymstalker (Darksoundwave)

Vindicator / Wyrmstalker

Those paladins who have completed their training, but have not yet felt the call towards leadership, are merely Vindicators and Wyrmstalkers. Honored for their devotion, they are the few who stand in direct opposition to darkness in all it’s forms, wielding the holy boons to devastating effect.

~~~Current~~~

Lady Anastasia Kowacz, Vindicator (Gath_Stormer)

Sir John Kowacz, Vindicator (Killmatronix)

Lady Arriana Aureon, Wrymstalker (Rella101)

Sir Eyvind Darinwalder the Persistent, Vindicator (GreyGree)

Lady Jacquelyn Rosinetta, Vindicator (AstralGoddess)

Sir Avenel, Vindicator (Niz_Mizzet)

Sir Herun Athna, Vindicator (__Xan__)

Vindicator / Wyrmstalker Apprentice

After being gifted with Xan’s holy boons, the newly christened paladin has risen to the Brotherhood’s meritorious service. The path of a paladin, be it wyrmstalker or vindicator, is determined shortly after connection by the apprentice themselves.

~~~Current~~~

N/A

Novitiate

Novitiate is given to those who have been interviewed by a Templar and approved to enter into study beneath this Templar. They are taught combat, history, the Creeds, and given trials to be completed. When they have completed their trials and lessons, they are given a final task and the Templar has the honor of knighting them into the Brotherhood and granting them Xan’s Boon.

~~~Current~~~

Illern Deathsbane, of the Wyvernbane (Arkelos)

Arthur Dulgaster, of the Wyvernbane (Aelesh)

Kyren Deathsbane, of the Sylvari (DruidJesus)

Rhosyn, of the Sylvari (Skylez1)

Specialized Ranks

These ranks are those that include extra duties vital to the Brotherhood. They are taken up by appointment from the High Paladin to be done in addition to the individual’s normal duties as a Paladin.

Master Smith

This individual is in charge of the arming of the Brotherhood to stand stalwart against the Betrayer. Their role is to supply the Brotherhood with necessary armaments and to train up one to succeed them should the need arise.

~~~Current~~~

Sir John Kowacz, Vindicator (Killmatronix)

Historian

This individual is one who has the responsibility to keep records of the deeds of the Brotherhood of the Golden Lion. The records kept are divided by the serving High Paladins, tales of the events and deeds done by each to the benefit or damage of Order.

~~~Current~~~

Sir Salem Vincrute the Wyvernbane, Vindicator (Conspirator_)

Kitchen Master

This individual is one who has shown much skill and dedication in the feeding of Xan’s Chosen warriors. Their responsibility is that of keeping food stocked at all times to supply the many expeditions that go out from The Rock of Order, and to train a replacement.

~~~Current~~~

Sir Eyvind Darinwalder the Persistent, Vindicator (GreyGree)

Inactive Paladins

These are those who have fallen out of contact with the Brotherhood and are supposed to have forsaken their duty to Xan and to the Creator. Should the Paladin in question return, they will be reminded of their duty and returned to the noble ranks of the Golden Lion.

~~~Current~~~

Lady Rem B., Wrymstalker (DiscoLiquid)

Sir Dangren Starbreaker, Vindicator (Dtrik)

Lady Faeryl, Wrymstalker (knghtLedo)

Lady Ryder Athna, Vindicator (Numirya)

Current Home of the Brotherhood

The Rock of Order, founded upon the Isle of Sunlight

Traditions

Spoiler

Duel of Honor

(TBA)

Knighting

(TBA)

Application

To those who wish to stand with us, we of Xan welcome you with open arms. Though it is no minor thing to pledge yourself thusly,  know that all are afforded the tasks, it is only upon your willpower that you persevere. Seek out those Masters mentioned, or send a bird to the High Paladin with your name, gender, age, and a little about why you wish to commit yourself to this holy path.

Name:

(( MCName: ))

((Discord/Skype: ))

Race:

(( Timezone: ))

Write a little about why it is you wish to serve the Aengul of Order:

((Lore Links))

Paladin Guide:

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/163916-updated-paladin-guide/

Xan, Aengul of Order, Lord of Guardianship, Patron of the Brotherhood of the Golden Lion:

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/150744-xan-the-herald-of-order-aengul/

Revival of Xan:

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/150737-the-revival-of-xan/

Asura’s Demise:

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/145789-a-gods-descent-the-capturing-of-asura/

Magic Lore:

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/150981-%E2%9C%93-the-herald-of-order-the-mists-of-xan-re-write/

Sunspear Lore:
https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/147954-mists-of-xan-hunters-of-dragonkin/

Limbs of Light:

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/139493-mists-of-xan-addition-limbs-of-light/#comment-1317532

The Effects of Disconnection:

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/135576-the-effects-of-disconnection/

Edited by Brotherhood of Golden Lion

"The Order has continued to dwindle since the fall and the death of a true brother..." A tanned high elf grumbled, popping his knuckles as he looked up to the remaining things left of Raenor's armor.

Malineer and Varron exchange words over the missive.

Name: Azir Tahorran 

MCName: Skylez1

Discord/Skype: 

Discord, Skylez#9032.

Skype, skylez11

Race: Wood elven

Timezone: CST

In all truths, I know little of the Aengul of Order and Guardianship, but what my older brother told me through brief and sporadic letters. Yet now with his unfortunate curse of Undeath and the prompt undoing of he, I am no longer able to write, nor speak to him. Growing soon into my one hundredth year I am without purpose or cause.

Simply put, my wishes are to begin in the steps of my older brother and carry on his fallen mantle, dedicating myself to the cause he toiled for whilst also learning further of the Aengul of Order and Guardianship, Xan.

"Hmmph." Beneath her caramel-skinned, redheaded disguise, the Ivojur appraised the missive. "Fliers like these always give me an itch to just.. topple an order."

Marco's eyes excitedly scanned the missive, and he penned in a response to send off to the Paladins!

Name: Marco Korsgaard

(( MCName: AstralPlatinum ))

((Discord/Skype: Star Platinum#4944))

Race: Adunian

(( Timezone: PST ))

I've always wanted to make something more of myself and make use of some extraordinary gift to preserve the realm and the fine people that I love. I'd be willing to swear complete fealty to this Xan, that I might utilize that power in the defense of all that is good in this world.

Name: Jörn Irongut/Ironheim

(( MCName: Sovietski ))

((Discord/Skype: WILL PM BOTH ))

Race: Dwarf

(( Timezone: UCT +3 ))

Write a little about why it is you wish to serve the Aengul of Order: I've always admired the paladins of Xan, and the opportunity to finally join them shines and I think I'd make a great servant and a great addition. I wish to join to fulfill my dream of becoming a paladin.

14 hours ago, Skylez1 said:

-snip-

4 hours ago, Star Platinum said:

-snip-

2 hours ago, Sovietskiii said:

-snip-

Birds are dispatched from the Bellfrey of the Rock of Order, born by the white eyes of the Paladins, written to each of the three who had sent responses.

((Soviet PM me your discord, I'll contact both of you guys on Discord soon!))

Varron lifts his sword, digging the tip into the missive. "I am strife to be unleashed upon the Gods. My former brothers must have their mettle tested; they must be worthy of Xan's grace."

Update:

Removed Tayna Vincrute, of the Wyvernbane (_Mapletree_)

Removed Delilah Eshing, of the Lady Vincrute (boingy)

Added Sir Avenel, Vindicator (Niz_Mizzet)

Added Rhosyn, of the Sylvari (Skylez1)

Added Kyren Deathsbane, of the Sylvari (DruidJesus)

Added Arthur Dulgaster, of the Wyvernbane (Aelesh)