[✓] [Magic Rewrite] Transfiguration

GDPR 014

I love the rewrite, now i want to have a voidal mage, but I dont like not being able to activate two magic items in the same emote, i should be able to activate two items if i have them in different hands, imagine for example a sword and a shield that are enchanted.

40 minutes ago, Suxals said:

I love the rewrite, now i want to have a voidal mage, but I dont like not being able to activate two magic items in the same emote, i should be able to activate two items if i have them in different hands, imagine for example a sword and a shield that are enchanted.

Imagine that each enchantment activation requires an action of its own. it's more of something added to prevent people from spamming combat enchantments in a super abusive way as they used to. If you have enough items you're gonna have way too many spells firing off at some point if you're activating two at once every emote.

46 minutes ago, Suxals said:

I figure that limiting it to only one combat enchant per emote might be beneficial so you dont see people chargin up two or three lightning staves at once. Though, you could charge up a staff of fireball and an arcane shield bracer at the same time

yes please

Looks great, pretty much what the magic needs. The only thing that threw me off was how similar your rituals are to Circles. Yes you might say these rituals already exists but it's never been put down as lore. If you could perhaps put down some differences between the two that'd ease me mind because as it stands your rituals sound like watered down Circles.

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/150995-✓-coupling-or-circles/

18 minutes ago, Wendigo said:

Looks great, pretty much what the magic needs. The only thing that threw me off was how similar your rituals are to Circles. Yes you might say these rituals already exists but it's never been put down as lore. If you could perhaps put down some differences between the two that'd ease me mind because as it stands your rituals sound like watered down Circles.

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/150995-✓-coupling-or-circles/

What rituals are you even talking about?

19 hours ago, The Fire Mind said:

this is generally through actively practicing the magic, or by co-enchanting, and or using an entrapment; however these two require an understanding of the magic (mainly the core mechanic) they seek. By co-enchanting, the enchanter must find another mage with the spell they wish to bind; a ritual will be conducted which involves using the aura as a means to track the mage’s mana, and acquire the information of the spell. From that point, the enchanter must move that information on the object, effectively binding the magic to an item;

I mean main differences is it just lets you enchant with magics you don't personally cast. It has none of the properties of circles as to let you gain extra mana and cast more powerful spells, etc.

Thank you for submitting your piece! This is now under review and you can expect a verdict in roughly a week.

This Lore has been accepted. Moved to Implemented Lore, it will be sorted to it's appropriate category soon.