[✓] Light Stones

GDPR 014

Light Stones; Divine Gems

B5yUZwWeTy4pvYmstcClmuprklw9ioOKL_wURhGk55nCpYgh4eU3IuBU7YyM0sLMDI3oJH-0i9DXnXMk-uqm9_raImmFLHCxSglwfbJ3qLGIH5khhYdX1vYysgOGJMG0_adDBYZX

“Gloriously incandescent, these stones. Radiating the divine light of the Gods.” - Unnamed Scholar

((Credit to ZsoltKosa))

Introduction

Found around areas with odd interactions with the divine, be it by deific entities, or their followers, usually found around holy orders or chantries. These stones are easily discernable by their golden color and odd shine; they appear to take the light inside of them; absorbing and swallowing its brilliance to store the sun’s shine. Some refer to these stones as the “Divine Gems” due to their seemingly godly power of creating and storing light; others simply call it the light stone - yet besides light, this gem has another use. A use known to Deity mages and apt researchers alike.

Description

The Gem itself stores light within its body, however the amount is relative to size. A small stone, roughly the size of someone’s palm, will be able to store enough light to become as bright as a well lit lantern, providing more than decent illumination for an hour. Bringing out this stored light only requires for it to be tapped with moderate force, causing a reaction that unleashes the natural light within it; this can be tapped again to conserve and turn off the light; this can be brought back to a light source to recharge. When in the hands of a mage, this stone can be used as a moderate managem -- though the spotlight goes to the deific magi should they get a hold of it. By holy magic being casted on the stone , be it the mists of Xan, the light of Tahariae, or Aeriel’s flames, the spell’s energies will be harmlessly sucked into the gem; and while they cannot reclaim it, these items will act equivalent to a mage’s mana gems, being useful for their divine artificing -- incredibly useful for making and fueling both blessed items and Holy Alteration. The gem itself, when storing the divine light, will always glow an odd color, as though melded with the patron’s power; the dimmer the less fuel it has left. These gems are fragile, requiring only a harsh swing from a hammer to shatter a palm sized gem. This can also be broken down and used in Alchemy, acting as a moderate air symbol for elegance, and a moderate regent for magic.

Harvesting

As stated before, these gems grow around areas with a lot of holy energies, generally around chantries and holy orders; though locations where holy magi practice can also yield a few gems. They will keep growing as more holy energy is being used, provided they are still rooted in the earth. The best way to handle these formations is to take a hammer and chisel and carefully remove them from the area -- as too much force can damage the entire structure. When that is done, the gem will proceed to expel any light it connected, this means that it need only be tapped to shut the light off. All it takes now is to polish the gem, which really is not that needed, as it can still perform its functions.

Tl;dr: It’s a stone that stores light and discharges it when tapped with enough force; it can also be used to store holy energies for holy alteration and be an alchemical symbol.  

Redlines

1. Cannot be used as a holy energy battery for the person. These only work for the blessed item.

2. A gem cannot store infinite light, be reasonable; it all depends on its size.

3. Casting a deific spell into these stones will not cause any harm to it, rather just convert it to holy energies and store it in the gem.

4. Tapping the gem with enough force will not release the divine energy, only the stored light.

Credit:

Niv_Mizzet, writer.

Edited by The Fire Mind

Could these have more details put into them? I remember reading that celestial arcanism has a similar thing.

1 minute ago, Evocress said:

Could these have more details put into them? I remember reading that celestial arcanism has a similar thing.

What are you looking for specifically?

6 minutes ago, The Fire Mind said:

Origin

How are the stones formed, here you say they're just around holy origins. Are they accidentally created and if so out of what? are they allowed to be artificially created like celestial arcanism can do?

8 minutes ago, The Fire Mind said:

Description

You write here that it gives application similar to those of a mana gem created by transfigurationists, however you say with a single 'tap' could this be defined more as a touch can be described as a 'tap'. Perhaps when energy is attempted to be put into it?

-

How long do these light stones last? You don't give an accurate description on that as a mage, could I hold one forever?

12 minutes ago, The Fire Mind said:

Harvesting

By grow, i'm guessing you mean size or just the energy inside of it?

Can these gems be carefully crafted from a raw material into a refined material?

If the gems are left without any holy energy what are they? pebbles? stones? crystals?

Can I make armor out of these to block holy magic entirely 

9 minutes ago, Evocress said:

How are the stones formed, here you say they're just around holy origins. Are they accidentally created and if so out of what? are they allowed to be artificially created like celestial arcanism can do?

Editing to Intro. Origin was a bad word.

ou write here that it gives application similar to those of a mana gem created by transfigurationists, however you say with a single 'tap' could this be defined more as a touch can be described as a 'tap'. Perhaps when energy is attempted to be put into it?

-

How long do these light stones last? You don't give an accurate description on that as a mage, could I hold one forever?

Rephrase.

-

Be reasonable with the time. All depends on how much light is stored. I guess a palm sized gem can give off light for an hour.

By grow, i'm guessing you mean size or just the energy inside of it?

Can these gems be carefully crafted from a raw material into a refined material?

If the gems are left without any holy energy what are they? pebbles? stones? crystals?

Grow. They're feeding off that holy magic.

Nope.

Just light stones that are devoid of holy energy.

4 minutes ago, Toodles78 said:

Can I make armor out of these to block holy magic entirely 

Probably not. Way too fragile to be crafted into armor

Edited by The Fire Mind

Love it +1

Deity stuff is always good!

what happens if I eat it?

What happens if I leave it in my pocket and put my pants into the laundry?

8 hours ago, Tox said:

what happens if I eat it?

A very painful tummy ache and golden specks in your poop

8 hours ago, Данстан said:

I hate you 

8 hours ago, Данстан said:

You will bring back from the death an Aengul that will put our realm into a huge laundr-.. wait better i stop before an ET reads this.

what happens if i grind it up and feed it to paladins