[✗] A Shift in the Void - Mage Tools and Mage Curse clarifications

Mr. Etan

I really like it. With this and the work on transfiguration, I think we can really start moving away from magical oversaturation and into something much more balanced.

6 hours ago, Sir K Andruske said:

Spellblades currently run the server imo

I seriously can't remember the last time I saw somebody, actually I don't remember ever seeing anybody going around with plate armor wielding a sword whilst shooting off electric and fire evocation.

23 hours ago, Wendigo said:

Ah, correct me if I'm wrong but being already connected to the void removes one emote. IE you connecting to the void? If that's not the case and it takes the same amount of time to draw, cock, and  release what's the point of literally carrying around a glass piece of your soul?

You're correct. I'll leave it at that.

21 hours ago, Sir K Andruske said:

Spellblades currently run the server imo.

This doesn't disallow it but rather makes the true masters of a magic actually mages whereas a spellblade could stay at tier 3-4 but still choose to wear armor.

I don't agree with brittle bones at all. People will abuse/PG it. Having additional weight cause stress to a spellcaster makes sense but don't make it some weird vitamin deficiency. 

Doesn't entirely say brittle glass bones, it may be misunderstood If otherwise it directly states it tell me so I can fix it.

Despite my meme, I actually do have a few questions.

1. Who and how would you/someone discover the process of the crystal making
  2. Are we blaming the discovery on 'experimentation' like everything else or will it actually have solid RP behind it's discovery(say, an event or something.)
  3. Can't mages already not wear fitted plate without being tired?
  4. Aren't mages already easily injured?
  5. Mages have never been able to wear full-plate armor by the time they reach mid T3 without exhaustion?
  6. You do realize that giving someone a constant connection to the void with a simple ritual that's available to anyone who reaches T5 in a single magic is subject to extreme power-gaming?
  7. How do you plan on preventing powergaming from happening? If it requires an MArt, they can simply get past that then PG the shite out of the tool and most nobody would report it.

Keep in mind this is coming from a rather learned Mage player, who's encountered several other players with Magic that'd abused lore like this in the past and miraculously haven't been blacklisted, some even still having magic after one or two years and still power-gaming to this day.

Otherwise, I think the lore looks great and it has a bunch of good ideas behind it but I'd suggest self-denying your own lore and getting someone to help you fix all the loopholes and gaping holes of missing lore and clarifications, because you contradict yourself numerous times in your own writing. Good luck!

5 hours ago, The Wayward Wizard said:

Despite my meme, I actually do have a few questions.

1. Who and how would you/someone discover the process of the crystal making
  2. Are we blaming the discovery on 'experimentation' like everything else or will it actually have solid RP behind it's discovery(say, an event or something.)
  3. Can't mages already not wear fitted plate without being tired?
  4. Aren't mages already easily injured?
  5. Mages have never been able to wear full-plate armor by the time they reach mid T3 without exhaustion?
  6. You do realize that giving someone a constant connection to the void with a simple ritual that's available to anyone who reaches T5 in a single magic is subject to extreme power-gaming?
  7. How do you plan on preventing powergaming from happening? If it requires an MArt, they can simply get past that then PG the shite out of the tool and most nobody would report it.

Keep in mind this is coming from a rather learned Mage player, who's encountered several other players with Magic that'd abused lore like this in the past and miraculously haven't been blacklisted, some even still having magic after one or two years and still power-gaming to this day.

Otherwise, I think the lore looks great and it has a bunch of good ideas behind it but I'd suggest self-denying your own lore and getting someone to help you fix all the loopholes and gaping holes of missing lore and clarifications, because you contradict yourself numerous times in your own writing. Good luck!

1: As the lore states, mages who are T5 in at least one magic can discover the power welled inside them just by being close to them.

2: Just general discovery, everyone can do it and figure it out it's not exclusive.

3. No they can, and they don't get tired.

4. No, and especially with mages being in nice plate

5. Full plate isnt the problem here, fitted plate is. Its literally just plate armour with out the extra weight

6. I think you're being rather dramatic as usual with this concept. You're not always connected, you need to hold the tool, tools are easily destroyed etc it's well balanced perhaps you need to actually read the lore.

7. If its powergamed you report it to an MT As any situation, somthing that a lot of people seem to lack common sense on, again please read the lore because throwing questions like this lol

Thank you for submitting your piece! This is now under review and you can expect a verdict in roughly a week.

This Lore has been denied. Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.