Sprskans, Ruskan Sub-Culture

OzYmandi

Sprskans

((This is NOT meant to be historically accurate with the actual Serbians IRL))

"Sprska jaka!!"

-Slobodan Milioj, Knight.

slNgdWtn8HhmmEF7zWcM2JGV99Ho-LOQmjvZD73QhQQK3Am77152jTbZHi2KQAwwQfo-dmplJZSDiSMHcWcLuP1Z2W99LlnkYWL1_YuVy5eFlEwqFON2sBRnFQ1JNboK3bUnzR1h

(Sprskan Coat-of-Arms)

Origins\History:

The Sprskan folk is a Ruskan sub-culture. They speak the Srpski and tend to be tall like their Ruskan predecessors, standing at 5’9” to 6’5”. Typically blonde with most of them having Light Green or Blue eyes. Alongside the blonde, other hair colours range from more dark blonde and ginger hair.

Culture:

Sprskans believe in the Church of the Canon, having a different name for GOD: Bog or Gospodine. Sprskans are very religious and neglect any other religion. The Sprskans are very reserved as to their way of being, having still some traditions which some call ‘primal’.

Traditions:

One of those Sprskan traditions is the Marriage. Marriage for the Sprskan folk is an important ceremony, of which the groom has his first chance to have a son. Another great ceremony in the Sprskan culture is the Name Day. When it comes about the day the person was born, mirrored in another time, the Sprskans throw a great party to the person for their Name Day. The name of the parties, marriage and Name Day respectfully: Brak and Imendan.

Language:

Srpski is a hard, sometimes tongue twisting language. Some sentence examples are:

“My friend arrive this evening.”

In Srpski:

"Moj prijateli je stigao veceras."

Some useful words/sentences:

Hello - Zdravo

Good Day - Dobra Dan

Good Afternoon - Dobra Kaz

Good Night - Luka noc

Thanks - Hvala

I - Ji

You - Ti

Me - Moj

Welcome - Dobrodoszli

Friend or Foe - Prijatejli ili neprijatejli

g53vn4yHtrP1HH_jYojxOCH0sca858yhvYp2-7S3_hAinteqDbrzORcp16ElbWh0ChWivmn6HssgbLd9M7KbEh_Sioqa7q0-EmdPzyJ9r2RBsX4KyLg0L_OsYCfWAlX9pD3o9m38

Q: Is this an addition to the human subrace? and if it is I actually think this would be a good idea, but I think you should go into a little more detail about it. Like at least in their culture and history side.

Edited by Its Just Ed

YOU should detail about the kebab removal

While in the real world, there are thousands of ethnic groups and over 7,000 languages, we are a community of around 300~ or so people and thus don't have the luxury of being diverse. Bare that in mind when we write cultures that are similar off-shoots or sub-sub-cultures of already existing groups.

However, if you're going to do this, I would at least change up the names and the emblem to not be so near identical to the serbs.

Srpski = Srpska for example

16 minutes ago, 吳憾戰士14 said:

-snip-

Noted.

1 hour ago, DPM said:

-snip-

Didn't know about that, but hey, worth a try.

3 hours ago, Sky said:

-snip-

Yep

3 hours ago, TheAmazingPheonix said:

-snip-

Oh well.

4 hours ago, Jentos said:

-snip-

No.

4 hours ago, Its Just Ed said:

-snip-

Yes.

3 hours ago, Sky said:

A sub-culture of a sub-culture, interesting.

Very.....cultural. ; )

Okay. Fine. You have an idea here and I think it's a piece of good length: some substance but brief enough to let the culture develop organically. In LotC there have been cases of medieval culture adaptations working well for long enough times so there's nothing wrong with some slav pride.

But who's going to play this culture? You? You seem active so that's a good start.  But who else? Are they dedicated players who will remain active? If you get bored/quit after X months the LMs are the ones to have to go through the archives and prune and modify everything and keep it up to date. What guarantee can you give to make their job easier?

Thank you for submitting your piece! This is now under review and you can expect a verdict in roughly a week.

This piece belongs in the Cultures section.

It will be moved shortly.

i'd like to make the Corats, some common words you should know

"ubi srbina"

-franjo prdjman, historian

ustasha - good man

chetnik - bad man

jebo ti pas mater - i hope your mother finds a dog

pusi kurac - clean my nob

hope my race gets accepted

On 9/28/2017 at 6:07 AM, Raomir said:

i'd like to make the Corats, some common words you should know

"ubi srbina"

-franjo prdjman, historian

ustasha - good man

chetnik - bad man

haha i giggled, bog je srbin

On 9/7/2017 at 12:09 PM, Sovietskiii said:

Gospodine

gospodin means mister?? ive never heard gospodin been used to reference god but ok