The Enclave of Scholars

501warhead

The Enclave of Scholars is a guild with one collective dedicated purpose: The pursuit of knowledge and the use thereof. The Enclave is established of like minded individuals who strive not only to master their crafts but to also understand the very basic rules and materials that make our world. The pursuit of knowledge and it's use is the end goal of all members of the Enclave.

The Enclave of Scholars is a guild built around invention and creation, using the resources and means of each member to push forward and create, using innovative talent and ideas to improve the standard of living for both themselves and the world as a whole. This is not a small burden nor is it an easy one but one that must happen regardless.

This guild is Sponsored by the Empire of Oren

Ranks

The First Servant

The First Servant is the Guild Master, and the title is an intended reminder that in such a role their superior is the guild as a whole, a representation of the burden of leadership. They are responsible for the direction and motivation of the guild while preserving knowledge.

Kalen Forseth (@501warhead)

The Triumvirate

The Triumvirate is the governing body of the Guild and is responsible for it's day-to-day operations.

Dean of the Arcane

The Dean of the Arcane is the guilds foremost scholar on the affairs of the meta-physical. While the Enclave is devoted to creating advancements that can be created and operated without magical influence the assistance of Magic can make some tasks far simpler.

Vacant

Dean of the Arts

The Dean of the Arts is the guilds foremost scholar on the affairs of Science, focused foremost at explaining natural phenomenons, systems, and events. They are to be a point of contact for all matters of physical questioning

Lyat'leh (_SurrenderMaine_)

Dean of the Mind

The Dean of the Mind is the Enclave's foremost scholar on the affairs of Theory and Practice. They are responsible for the motivation of creation, to be an open thinktank to assist members of the guild with devising ideas. They are the recruiting official for the Enclave

Vacant

The Enclave

Savant

The Highest non-officer rank of the guild, the Savant is awarded this title for outstanding achievements and is a badge of pride. Awarded usually for a great leap in Science.

Destro

A Scholar who has proven that they have mastered a school of thought and proven themselves to the guild. They are entrusted with further secrets than that of Scholars.

Scholar

One who is learned in a field of Science, Magic, or Arts and have proven such skill to the Triumvirate or have graduated from study as an Understudy.

Understudy

One who has joined the guild without being learned in a field with the goal of learning to master a Science, Art, or Magic to become a Scholar.

Mission

The Mission of the Enclave of Scholars is to improve the quality of living for individuals throughout the realms by providing innovations and inventions in Magic, Science, and the Arts to ease the day to day life. In the focus of this most advancements are made with the goal of allowing all to freely have access to it's creations and for the creations to be applicable to day-to-day living without costing a hard-working individual.

Arcane, Arts, and Sciences

Discussed within this Memoir are three topics of import: Arcane, Arts, and Sciences. Below is the Enclave's official definition of each.

Arcane

• Any action or state which uses Voidal Energies
  • OR Any action or state which uses Life-based Energies
  • OR Any action or state which uses Deity-gifts
  • OR Any topic, action, or state which relates to the meta-physical.

Arts

• The Art of Combat
  • OR The Art of War
  • OR The Art of Brewing
  • OR The Art of Painting
  • OR The Art of Design (Building)
  • OR The Art of Forging
  • OR Any topic which requires mastery

Sciences

• The Science of Nature
  • OR The Science of Energy
  • OR The Science of Land
  • OR The Science of Anatomy
  • OR The Science of Metal
  • OR Any topic which relates to the understanding of the physical world

Application

You can apply for one of two positions depending on how Learned you believe you are, these being Scholar or Understudy. Understudies may be limited based upon the availability of higher guild members.

Understudy Application

Spoiler

[Understudy Application]

MC Name:

RP Name:

Reason for wanting to Join:

Desired area of study:

Link me a picture of a Cat/Dog/Your preferred cute animal:

Scholar Application

In order to qualify for a Scholar position you must be able to prove your knowledge of the Arcane (At least "Tier 3" in a single magic of scientific interest to the guild), Arts, or Sciences. 

Spoiler

[Scholar Application]

MC Name:

RP Name:

Reason for wanting to join:

Field of Mastery:

Years of Practice (IRP) ((Take a guess if you don't know)):

((Starter Note: If you wish to fill a Dean position please send me a DM VIA Discord/Forums. This message will be removed once the initial roster has finalized.))

((OOC))

Spoiler

Heyo!

So I'm creating a guild today which I hope will interest a lot of you, there's been a lot of discussion lately about the "Tech-lock" and a desire across the board to want to expand and explore into different areas of technology. This guild will be loosely abiding by the tech-lock but will be creating many, many interesting things using both arcane and sciences, as to allow for a variety of technology.

The goal of this guild is to focus heavily on IRP advancements, working ideally with the LT consistently to create lore-abiding objects and innovations which expand the roleplay of mages, engineers, and whatnot. If you're interested go ahead and drop an application or join the discord if you have questions.

Discord

https://discord.gg/pGXcusX

((How do you do these info things? I find them pretty cool.))

((Also, I'll consider applying, thanks!))

1 minute ago, Man of Respect said:

((How do you do these info things? I find them pretty cool.))

((Also, I'll consider applying, thanks!))

Spoiler

chrome_2017-09-09_22-15-33.png

[Scholar Application]

MC Name: Veist

RP Name: Mithras

Reason for wanting to join: To educate people on the effects of war.

Field of Mastery: The Art of War

Years of Practice (IRP) ((Take a guess if you don't know)): 200

Link me a picture of a Cat/Dog/Your preferred cute animal: 200_s.gif

[Scholar Application]

MC Name: Conspirator_

RP Name: Salem Wyvernbane

Reason for wanting to join: To educate people in the arts the Paladins possess and to use my knowledge to aid in the creation of items to ward and/or protect the Descendants from the Forces of Chaos

Field of Mastery: The Paladin Mists

Years of Practice (IRP) ((Take a guess if you don't know)): Four decades, roughly

Link me a picture of a Cat/Dog/Your preferred cute animal: Image result for funny dog pictures

"Damn copiers.."

Leyunia, The Grand Magister, muttered before moving off.

6 minutes ago, The Wayward Wizard said:

"Damn copiers.."

Leyunia, The Grand Magister, muttered before moving off.

An ancient document is rolled up from the abyss and handed to a disgruntled individual.

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/25173-alrasian-guild-of-engineers/

[Scholar Application]

MC Name: Korus_Prime

RP Name: Cinh'llytn Len'irrin

Reason for wanting to join: I might have an addiction to guilds, possibly, plus I like learning.

Field of Mastery: Arcane

Years of Practice (IRP) ((Take a guess if you don't know)): Over one hundred.

Link me a picture of a Cat/Dog/Your preferred cute animal:  https://gyazo.com/a09784bf4103cd7d5b5873e6fe1c4ba7

Edited by KorusPrime

[Scholar Application]

MC Name: Lotoke

RP Name: Enedor  Pastly 

Reason for wanting to join: To advance an utilise my skill to do something beneficial for the peoples of axis. 

Field of Mastery: Arcane. 

Years of Practice (IRP) ((Take a guess if you don't know)): At least 70, probably more. 

Funny-cat-quotes-..jpg

cute?

[Scholar Application]

MC Name: Kinslayer

RP Name: Nazorean Faisehn

Reason for wanting to join: I wish to meet more and other people that participate in academic activities. I am not very well liked, but I can be respectable as most of the things said about me are said by those who I have not spoken to in many a year. I do hope that you consider me, I have been involved in studying magic for the longest time. I know much about it. I also wish to be useful for once.

Field of Mastery: Arcane

Years of Practice (IRP) ((Take a guess if you don't know)): Thirty plus years.

d1317924415df013b2c9c800b1300168--big-fl

[Scholar Application]

MC Name: paulobig

RP Name: Talion Aldwin Wulff

Reason for wanting to join: I want to guide those who lack the knowledge and experience of the Art of War, and I want to preserve the knowledge that has been bestowed upon me and further improve my knowledge in the Art of War.

Field of Mastery: The Art of War

Years of Practice (IRP) ((Take a guess if you don't know)): 22

maxresdefault.jpg

[Scholar Application]

MC Name: Ogdan

RP Name: Ogdan Frostbeard

Reason for wanting to join: To pursue and teach knowledge of engineering, tinkering, and redstone.

Field of Mastery: Engineering, tinkering, and redstone

Years of Practice (IRP) ((Take a guess if you don't know)): 150

Link me a picture of a Cat/Dog/Your preferred cute animal: miles-the-pembroke-welsh-corgi_65744_201

*Ogdan digs up a few flyers and attaches them to the application*

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/155855-the-tie-expansive/

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/158514-completeyear-1600-cartography-of-ogdan/

Edited by Ogdan (Benben582)

[Understudy Application]

MC Name: Aevary

RP Name: Cerci Stormfist

Reason for wanting to Join: i wish to expand my current knowledge of life and all it holds

Desired area of study: arcanism or the mastery of art

Link me a picture of a Cat/Dog/Your preferred cute animal: 4ffb88d89712949612c145beb077ea79--tea-cu 

look at that fuzzball :D

Edited by WilliamTanner