[Completed][Completed] What the Hell Does a Mina Look Like?

oblivionsbane

mina defo used to be emeralds and have a paper currency as well

so maybe like a small emerald-colored coin, and there's bank slips for the bigger ones

4 hours ago, Wendigo said:

LOL, 5 years and nobodies ever asked this question. It's a good question. Everyone is saying gold but...next thing you know people will be throwing mina at ghosts. XD

Should probably consider something else.

Actually had that happen during early Vailor. 

Poor Polty was so confused. 

there was a short period during asulon where minas were emeralds

Personally, I've been RPing it as a gold coin. On one side, a crown. The other, cattle.

I mostly see it as a gold coin with a crown with an M on top on on one side, and the faces of the four races on the other side.

Maybe they're just gold coins of a certain gold weight and can have whatever printed on them?

I've always imagined it like denari with imprints of important historical figures from the local nation or county.

Contrary to popular belief, I always thought they were silver simply because...

9ecae4cc240ddd230b367be2f262774d.png

Mina were actually a thing. In ancient Greece and the Middle East, which was a coin meant to represent 1 mina's worth of silver. So I always just assumed, considering it was historically based  on silver, that the coins in and of themselves were silver instead of gold. Also, I've always RP'd them as being silver coins. Also, another bit on Wikipedia defines it as

a3b6f89fb6f68829c44c59d762d159ac.png

which basically just says "It's silver."

So yeah, I always thought it was silver.

To find the value of the mina in real life, we need to find the value of an item that could be found in real life, and then we can compare values.

A good sword, somewhere around 25% from the auction house, can run you dry 50 mina. So lets find how much a good strong sword would cost in medieval times; Reddit tells us it costs about 1 Pound in medieval times, or about 26,500 pounds today.

Alright, so to find the value, lets divide 26,500 by 50; that gives us 530

So in conclusion, a single mina is worth about 530£ or about 712.43$ american.