[Completed][Completed] Why do people feel the need to apply for staff?

Weabootrash

I wouldn't say everyone applys for staff but I'd defiantly say the active majority of this community and many other communities eventually always apply for staff/apply for more positions. 

Because LOTC is such an awesome community, people feel like they should also give back.

Why wouldn't you want to help others, as well as being in a high point of respect? GMs help in all sorts of ways, and I personally respect *most* of them. They are all like role models that we want to be.

I applied for Staff because I want to help give back to the community, as GG said. With the position of WT, I'm not giving back much except a few articles every month. Hence, why I've been applying for other things such as LM, FM, or GM. Which I'll also continue to apply for until I someday achieve. As an LM, you do more than a WT and it's very time-consuming. If you know me, I have too much time on my hands sometimes. As an FM, you're directly involved with the community as well as when you serve as a GM. I've gone off topic, excuse me. But anyways - yeah, I think that's why people volunteer to work as Staff. Or, that's why I do at least.

If you have an issue with something, it's most effective to become the person who changes and fixes that issue than try to get someone else to see your viewpoint that you may not share.

i wanted pex

and i got it

it was pretty lit

Usually because it's considered a sort of milestone in the popularity contest of lotc. If you want a sense of power or importance, that's the way to go about deluding yourself.

I first applied for the Event Team in 2013, I was participating in lots of events and was enamored with the idea of helping out, I looked up to a lot of the people who did those events. Eventually, in 2015, I got my opportunity, I was overjoyed when Raelplayer, Gunnerdude and Tirenas added me in a batch of actors. I was very active. It was a learning experience for me, I had to learn how to gauge player interests, my old friends Gaius and Grim helped me and we had a lot of fun working on event lines. Eventually, though, things grew less cool when Gunnerdude left and Raelplayer and Tirenas left as well. Bagley elected me as the next Manager and Dizzy became lead, I grew disenchanted with the ET, at that point I was also an FM since Tirenas added me to his team prior to his leaving, Dohvi was my new FM Lead.

Time passed, I applied for GM and lots more happened, but the key focus of my interest was always to work on the in game environment and to do my best at keeping things cool. Dealt with the Gizzy Gazza shitfest the day I was made a Trial, got introduced to all the staff politics, and sucked in. That is my greatest mistake. What can I tell you about that journey? Started out with good intentions, but good intentions aren't everything when the real mineman politik begins. That is why I do not advocate that people join many staff teams, I think too many people want to be idolized or want to "fix" the server. The truth is the server will always be broken, there's highs and lows, yet also plenty of good times for those who aren't too invested I think.

This thread has been deemed inactive and the debate concluded. If you feel this was mistake, please contact a moderator.