[Completed][Completed] Should Religious Roleplay Get Land Next Map?

AfricanGlasses

Religion and its standing:

Throughout Axios, religious Roleplay has been, or has been attempted to introduced into the hearts of major roleplay hubs and/or cliques and for the most part, has caused many events of roleplay and long-term event lines. Obviously with the maps end now, we are seeing these religious groups within their “comfort zone” of attempting to once again save the realm from destruction.

One thing that Religious Roleplay hubs (Specifically speaking: Ascended*, Paladins, and the Clerics) lack for the most part is: an active place to roleplay. The reasons for this have been debated, and the list of popular reasons are listed below.

1. Not enough players for an active roleplay hub

2. These groups are continuously venturing around the realm to spark RP in other hubs.

3. Religion has a lot of members, just not active enough to play.

This debate has boiled into 6.0 and merged with other debates such as: who should and shouldn’t be getting land. This has been conflicted with both players and staff teams and I’d like to provide my opinion and give a chance for everyone to express theirs on an organized thread.

My thoughts:

Religious Roleplay for player hubs such as Veris contributed greatly to its general Activity and its short-term events. Throughout my time of leading Veris, the paladins, ascended, and clerics played major roles in spook events and were ALWAYS in the city. This obviously means they were sacrificing time away from their “home base” to assist in activity and produce a better form of roleplay for everyone else. This wasn’t just the case for Veris. These three major religious groups were spotted in every major city, small town, hamlet, cart hub, roadside tavern on the server and yet… the activity of their respective regions collapsed.

With this being said, I am in affirmation of giving these religious groups one plot of land to delegate themselves, or small pieces of PROTECTED land to house their belongings and short roleplay scenarios at. I believe that, even though my character was against the majority of religion and its attempt to limit evil doing, the leaders and members of these religious groups have persisted and worked diligently to make sure that they provide roleplay.

Now, your thoughts! I understand that in no regard does this post, my opinion, or the opinion of others guarantee one side or the other of this debate, however I feel its necessary to get the communities feedback.

Remember! Keep the thread on topic and peaceful.

Some people might say no right off the bat but if we take a look at Devirad I think it's a good example of what may be possible when certain groups get together to create a RP hub.  Not an advocate for either just tossing that out there. I think if they got a center for holy magic it could create some interesting rp and even some interesting dynamics between certain groups. It might just be what you need.

2 hours ago, Wendigo said:

Some people might say no right off the bat but if we take a look at Devirad I think it's a good example of what may be possible when certain groups get together to create a RP hub.  Not an advocate for either just tossing that out there. I think if they got a center for holy magic it could create some interesting rp and even some interesting dynamics between certain groups. It might just be what you need.

Yeah I agree, I mean it would nice to have two like Mecca's for the two groups upon the server, Heroes and Villains. 

We (the Ascended) suggested a "Holy City" a long time ago, but the others shot it down. Now that the League is fractured I don't think it particularly likely that we'll be living together.

By religious groups do you mean aengul holy magic groups because by using the term 'religious groups' you are also bringing up the shamans, naelurir druids and human clergy which are generally inseperable from the orcs, elves and humans respectively and therefore would make no sense having their own cities

I say no, because the druids had to go through the same process as other nations to get themselves recognised and promised land like other nations, why can't they (clerics, paladins, ascended, etc) do the same?

2 hours ago, Sky said:

I say no, because the druids had to go through the same process as other nations to get themselves recognised and promised land like other nations, why can't they (clerics, paladins, ascended, etc) do the same?

I'm not saying they should just be given a plot of land because they happen to be part of a certain group, they should still go through the same process as everyone else.

3 hours ago, Sky said:

That's a valid point. What if they didn't get as much land? Perhaps just enough to make a base? 

These groups (Specifically the three mentioned in the post [Clerics, paladins, and ascended]) are always moving around... proving activity could be on a different scale perhaps? 

edit: Always moving around as in always roleplaying elsewhere, or at least seeming to.

22 minutes ago, AfricanGlasses said:

That's a valid point. What if they didn't get as much land? Perhaps just enough to make a base? 

These groups (Specifically the three mentioned in the post [Clerics, paladins, and ascended]) are always moving around... proving activity could be on a different scale perhaps? 

edit: Always moving around as in always roleplaying elsewhere, or at least seeming to.

You could then make the argument that any guild should get land, and 'moving around' isn't a good excuse, because god knows how many ******* groves the druids have and the times they continiously change, but the leadership got activity up and passed the nation trial.

There shouldn't be any reason why 3 holy groups can't get together and get enough activity going between followers and the group members themselves to get a sizeable plot of land for a city or w/e you wanna build like Devirad has.

5 hours ago, Wendigo said:

There shouldn't be any reason why 3 holy groups can't get together and get enough activity going between followers and the group members themselves to get a sizeable plot of land for a city or w/e you wanna build like Devirad has.

The issue is that the Holy Orders, for the most part, cannot get along for more than a few months. Trinity Keep housed all three with the first Holy League, then the Ascended pulled out and months later the Clerics did as well. Paladins took over an island meant to be Holy Devirad, Adherent Clerics moved into the Savannah, and the Ascended into Urguan. Tried an alliance again, then the Gazardiel event happened.

I believe playerbases and roleplay should be concentrated as much as possible but this is difficult when people you're supposed to be working with are trying to kill you. People tend to assume that the Holy Orders are all 'kinda samey' but the politics are very different.

Religions should exist within cities that relate to their ideologies. For one thing, it makes sense, and for another, it helps to further centralise RP. We need to get rid of the days where every 5 man Kingdom or Guild was entilted to ridiculous plots of land.

2 hours ago, Master Sage Delaselva said:

The issue is that the Holy Orders, for the most part, cannot get along for more than a few months. Trinity Keep housed all three with the first Holy League, then the Ascended pulled out and months later the Clerics did as well. Paladins took over an island meant to be Holy Devirad, Adherent Clerics moved into the Savannah, and the Ascended into Urguan. Tried an alliance again, then the Gazardiel event happened.

I believe playerbases and roleplay should be concentrated as much as possible but this is difficult when people you're supposed to be working with are trying to kill you. People tend to assume that the Holy Orders are all 'kinda samey' but the politics are very different.

This, also despite the misleading title of "Holy Orders," Only the Clerics are Religious. Ascended and Paladins are not required to worship their patron (my Ascended is a devout Canonist for an example.) 

It has been attempted many times and yes, having all the holy orders in one city does have its benefits but there are also the negatives. The orders eventually argued because of different ideologies and given the recent events regarding Gazadriael - the Ascended, the Clerics, and the Paladins are split in relations and putting them together will only cause more trouble for all three sides. It is safe to say that we won't be sharing the same city or base in the next map. We need to consider if it actually will benefit the holy groups - not just outside groups - but given that putting all three orders into one place has been attempted many times, the results have always been the same. It will just fall apart again and again and will be a complete waste of builds, money, and time - especially given the rising heat between the Paladins and the Ascended, with the clerics remaining rather neutral.

Having separate lands means that the holy orders are spread out and able to benefit nations close to them, as well as remain safe from dark users who may seek to bring down said orders. It allows the holy orders to grow and develop, demonstrate themselves and give idenity within a land (look at the clerics at Lucerna Temple, and the paladins on their island - they have land that represents who they are in full form). Devirad is an example of different groups coming together but there's a big differences between Devirad and the Holy Orders. The clerics, the ascended, the paladins are not like Xionism - we can't just change our views or drop them completely so that we can keep the other orders happy. The holy orders have their separate ideologies and they MUST keep to them, else they will be put at risk of breaking a rule and being disconnected. If a dark being is brought into the city, the orders will more than likely clash on how to deal with them.

So instead of making a forum requesting this - allow the holy orders themselves to decide if they want to be separate or not, based on how roleplay between them plays out, etc. Let us develop and make our own choices on this matter.

Also - the only official holy order that is religious is the clerics, where you must worship Tahariae. The paladins and ascended have it optional, and wording it like that will mean ALL religious groups, both magical and not.

Personally in my biased opinion, I'd like to see the orders receive their own lands- even if a small plot. However, this doesn't have to be server dictated- for example, the orders could all play politics and gain land within a pre-existing nation.

However, I do agree with Jack's point- the orders (in most cases) don't hang around together in a city and roleplay, because the majority of our RP comes from interactions with spooks. We don't get that inside our respective keeps- we get that from going outside. At least in the Paladin's case, the base/region has always acted more as a staging ground for crusades, place to train students one-on-one, and a place to keep our connection pool (chancery). 

My last point relates back to the first, though- we don't "require" staff granted regions to exist. The politics of getting land within a nation is very plausible, as is our applying for a guild charter once 6.0 is actually launched.

What is NOT plausible at the moment, though, is likely a collective of the three main orders. Farryn and Jallentime pretty accurately described the political scene- we aren't very willing to work with each other at the moment. I agree with Farryn that we should let RP fall as it may, and if we're granted land then great.