[✓] Izkuthii Vol. 4 + 4.5

GodEmperorFlam

10 minutes ago, Slayy said:

Oh? What is this?

Read it and you'll know all! :D

Nice lore. Cool additions. 

Thank you for submitting your piece! This is now under review and you can expect a verdict in roughly a week.

56 minutes ago, Fury_Fire said:

biased lt lead making lore?????????? Blasphemy, down with caleb!

Silence wench

Mvod to OffTopIc ObViously

Cool piece! It seems inevitable for a 4th rewrite that the lore reads 100% like a manual/rulebook. Its explained crystal clear and its watertight but little effort is made to fascinate or inspire readers. So for a new player or a player with no connection to the  Izkuthii (like me) its a bit hollow. The piece also doesn't read like something that can supplant the original but must be read as a set of clarifactions afterwards. A lot of the fluff is missing but maybe that was intentional.

Reading the lore top-to-bottom as I have doesnt seem like the wisest idea. Things are well organized but info comes at you in a counterintuitive order. For example feeding (on emotions?) Features often but is not explained (or maybe I read over it?) I think the growth stages can perhaps be moved further down

Some specific notes:

- the pk clause in the adult curse header is thrown out somewhat haphazardly and before feeding and feed rules are defined.

- Aid: maybe you're thinking of Aide? Also I really like the luck roll bonus as a mechanic its cool. Can we maybe specify the roll bonus cannot make the roll exceed the die's highest value as that's the standard treatment.of luck boosts in tabletop (though maybe its irrelevant for lotc rolls... For now).

- the ooc consent is mentioned a lot in the abilities section but ooc consent can still mean no rp consent is given right?

- at the misc clarification section you switch between months meaning RP months and IRL months about halfway through.

1 hour ago, Sporadic said:

Cool piece! It seems inevitable for a 4th rewrite that the lore reads 100% like a manual/rulebook. Its explained crystal clear and its watertight but little effort is made to fascinate or inspire readers. So for a new player or a player with no connection to the  Izkuthii (like me) its a bit hollow. The piece also doesn't read like something that can supplant the original but must be read as a set of clarifactions afterwards. A lot of the fluff is missing but maybe that was intentional.

Reading the lore top-to-bottom as I have doesnt seem like the wisest idea. Things are well organized but info comes at you in a counterintuitive order. For example feeding (on emotions?) Features often but is not explained (or maybe I read over it?) I think the growth stages can perhaps be moved further down

Some specific notes:

- the pk clause in the adult curse header is thrown out somewhat haphazardly and before feeding and feed rules are defined.

- Aid: maybe you're thinking of Aide? Also I really like the luck roll bonus as a mechanic its cool. Can we maybe specify the roll bonus cannot make the roll exceed the die's highest value as that's the standard treatment.of luck boosts in tabletop (though maybe its irrelevant for lotc rolls... For now).

- the ooc consent is mentioned a lot in the abilities section but ooc consent can still mean no rp consent is given right?

- at the misc clarification section you switch between months meaning RP months and IRL months about halfway through.

Yeah, it was intentionally made like a manual/rulebook, I'm not a huge fan of fluff for these particular cases. General fluff is fine for say, the patron behind them, or if they were some iconic creature with a history, but as these were meant to be relatively new creatures compared to say, dragons, giving them a historical backstory doesn't quite make sense. At least, in my opinion. I think I will add in a different kind of fluff when I have the time though, since you do have a point about new players potentially seeing it as hollow. That'll probably be added during the weekend when I am more available.

As for your specific notes:

- I'll edit that to make it a bit more clear as I try and mix around the sections to address the points you raised about the order.

- Spelling is a pain, fixed!

- Mhm, OOC consent just means OOCly a person needs to agree. So the Izkuthii would either ask in LOOC or in PMs for permission to do x and then explain it and wait to get a yes or no. Giving RP consent would restrict things a lot/kill potential RP, as many people wouldn't just willingly allow for certain things to occur to them from an RP perspective.

- Fixed!

Thank you for your feedback! If you have any other tips/issues to point out or simply have questions about the Izkuthii, feel free to toss me a message over discord.

On 9/20/2017 at 9:45 AM, TeaLulu said:

No see, the fact they've been apart of the server is exactly my point. This is Vol 4. How has there been 0 heard of them in roleplay when this is vol 4 and they've been part of the server for so long?

I mean I'm not trying to brag but my character is the former Librarian of Dragur. I haven't been on much lately but she still manages to get told in character of every weird addition to the world whenever I do get on; lizard people (drago ppl), spider folk, strigae, frost witches, wraiths, whatever. Literally knows way too much ****. Oh and mana wraiths found out about those week 1

So what are these things adding in character besides an antag for holies? Who else has interacted with them? What do they do? What do they add to the server thats unique, that couldn't be done with already existing magic or creatures or whatever?

Just cuz you hadn't heard of them doesn't mean no one has. My halfling homo knows a lot of them. 

This Lore has been accepted. Moved to Implemented Lore, it will be sorted to it's appropriate category soon.

Izkuthii, after a discussion amongst the LT, require changes to be made. The lore for them is flawed in a few areas, primarily the thematic clash between their current feeding method and the fact that the feeding method and current abilities do not drive RP hard enough nor solidify them as “tricksters/thieves” as their patron would have them be. A month is being given for a fix that tries to address the issues to be presented, otherwise the creature will be hard shelved and those that are Izkuthii will be reverted back to their normal state.

This lore has been moved to the Pending Fixes subforum. No further Izkuthii may be made during this following month, until the issues are fixed.