THE HULPHONITES: VOL. I

Scribed by Sulayik Spitzer

image?w=484&h=320&rev=7&ac=1

“ሳንቲም ሽንኩርት, ይከፍትና ማልቀስ.”

“My coin purse is like an onion… I open it and I cry.”

- A Hulphonite adage C. 1551

HISTORY

INTRODUCTION

A infant culture, birthed from the loins of recession, the Hulphonites are a kin well versed in the experiences of hardship and strife, slathered and slandered by names unwholesome, and forged by those very remarks. But ever yet they are successful, thriving, maybe not through the most wholesome of ways, but they advance. And with a new leader at their helm they are sure to continue at the same steady pace.

TIMELINE OF EVENTS

h3KuQeCFVMD8BummjG7jStfPXIdA0DNLAE91eM61DToLfOfMlx2360ROWdilF0ZgRtushXaEjgYndvGkZII0P6LQFRPxVcsB3lx0Hr1E_r7dpVr-1lBSskVRi365fXDTbJDJ0ZaE

Swords clashed and men died. A fetor, a deep-set odour of death, and faeces, and above all fear, stained the once supple air that lingered in the fresh valleys of Avar. What was the purpose of this campaign? Even those ***** at the very top have forgotten. How many more men need die, how many more families need displaced, how many more children need to be left fatherless, before the bastards of Horen and Dungrimm open their eyes and see the world before them.

-t. Hulphon Lapidoth  C. 1541

h3KuQeCFVMD8BummjG7jStfPXIdA0DNLAE91eM61DToLfOfMlx2360ROWdilF0ZgRtushXaEjgYndvGkZII0P6LQFRPxVcsB3lx0Hr1E_r7dpVr-1lBSskVRi365fXDTbJDJ0ZaE

image?w=424&h=269&rev=1&ac=1

(Siege of Fort Dunamis)

1541: The inaugurator of the Hulponites- Hulphon Lapidoth himself -partook in the battle of Fort Dunamis - of the eighteen years war - alongside would be brothers. He fainted in utter terror, but awoke when the battle was over and done, unscathed… though the same could not be said for his breaches.

1541-2: Upon gathering himself and his possessions he walked the many miles to a skirting Orenian vassal. Here he bought supplies and a caravan in return for the generally untouched armour that he wore in the battle. With a few travellers he met there, and a battle brother or too, he set off! To where, he knew not…

1545: After three years on the road, travelling god knows where, their party had grown almost two fold. The recessive economies of both Oren and Urguan, and the bloody war that halted only 4 years earlier had driven people to them. The prospect of starting anew was coercing it seemed: Qualashi people, Waldenians, Raevir, even a few dwarves all yoked themselves to the chuntering, seemingly never ending caravan train, following Hulphon with an undying loyalty.

1550-5: The neverending, now almost mile long caravan train rambled through ranges and valleys, past fjords and rivers, and through thick grass and snow. And when the drudgery seemed unending, they stumbled upon a solitary hamlet, comprised of a mere few homes and a tavern. Tired and weary they encroached, and the docile smallfolk welcomed them with open arms, searing hearths and tankards of bubbling mead!

A particularly hawk-eyed Hulphonite- Eleyim Geldmeister -noticed some deposits of gold, and iron piles stowed away in silos throughout the hamlet. Across a drink that night he brought it up to Hulphon and proposed taking it from them. With steel. But of course the righteous Hulphon declined this ‘offer’, which agitated Eleyim, for it was a golden opportunity. Agitation quickly bubbled and simmered and burnt into rage; an argument ensued… which ended with Hulphon left in the tavern. By the fire. With a knife in his gut.

Eleyim seized control not long after, and was oddly met with little resistance.

1556: After a year of residence in the hamlet, they finally saw it fit to continue in their limitless journey. But Eleyim had not forgotten of the Gold and Iron. At the crack of dawn, when they were supposed to prepare their entourage for the ensuing undertaking, the city was set upon by the snapping jaws of Eleyim and his accomplices… but those who still bore loyality to the late Hulphon did their best to protect the townsfolk.

The attempts of the noble loyalists; those loyal to Hulphon were worthy, but for nought! Eleyim and his ruffians cut them down as if they were each, large free standing slabs of butter. Nisi qui deo dignus animarum.”

-t. Sarlin Breuer C. 1558

1556 Cont. It was around this time that Falk Geldmeister was born. Around the same time word drifts to the other reaches of Vailor. A profound hatred for the Hulphonites is birthed hereafter.

1564: Eleyim claims to have been visited by a ghostly procession in his dreams, and begins preaching dogma relating to it.

1568: Eleyim dies and a friend of his, Shet Spitzer, takes the reigns of the Hulphonite train whilst his son came of age.

1571: The world of Vailor crumbles, and to the dismay of Shet Spitzer, most of the party is either killed in the disasters, or displaced in the transitory period.

1574: Falk Geldmeister takes the reigns of the Hulphonite party, but under the watchful eye of Shet Spitzer.

1579: Eleyim II is born.

1626: Falk Geldmeister brings his people to The Holy Orenian Empire wherein they inhabited the neighbourhood of Ironsword circle. Renaming it to Little Ysrael and Jeruslum, employing watchmen and guards, and increasing its defenses, they planned and undertook their sordid doings here. One of the newly employed guards, a sellsword by prior employment, was the head of House Wyne (a band of pseudo-noble ruffians) himself: Garsen Wyne.  

1628: The Wyne Bannermen and the Ysraelites steal a boat by the name of the USS Darid Irongrinder, and take a cannon from its deck. It was planted within Little Ysraels centre to protect against wary guards.

1629: The House Wyne was disbanded with the disappearance of Garsen and re-birthed thereafter to befit the war-time needs as a mercenary company.

1630: Falk Geldmeister is apprehended in the Orenian Coutroom and executed shortly afterwards, at the hands of the Emperor and Magister themselves. They began forming a group to sack Jeruslum, or what was formerly known as Ironsword Circle.

Those who had gathered to witness the event spread the word quickly and it made its way back to Jeruslum in minutes. The guards, Ysraelites and Wyne Bannermen had time to prepare for the sacking…

1630 Cont. Eleyim II Geldmeister, son of Falk catches word of this. Dismayed he vowed to avenge his father! (cringe eugh, kill me please)

በጭራሽ አትርሳ

z8TQ4ES6ZeDQz5S3zSfGJPxzsPPagdB9jT96tATl65h2E8BnqCOAEw-NYqHN9Av6LxIi3Z5TejEMilj7xBaOpw2NpwvntLLll4H-7bFI2kQZSPksuXR9VlIrNAaoHRrTx0Mh_b-4

Really neat concept. I recommend a Wiki page on it! If you need an account let me know. Or, if you'd rather me make it (if you want one) then also, let me know.

Lincoln de Goon-Wyne II nods.

"Yes lord" Said Garsen Wyne.