Religion in the village

NotEvilAtAll

Just a discussion thread about halfling religions and their place in halfling society.

11 minutes ago, dkink14 said:

I'd say all goes.

especially Knoxism.

I mean... I'm willing to listen to why you think this but just dropping a large part of halfling culture doesn't seem too helpful or interesting.

Personally I would like to see more Arugula cults.

41 minutes ago, _Jandy_ said:

I mean... I'm willing to listen to why you think this but just dropping a large part of halfling culture doesn't seem too helpful or interesting.

Personally I would like to see more Arugula cults.

This^

It all depends on the religions ability to provide good RP, and their cultural value 

2 minutes ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

This^

It all depends on the religions ability to provide good RP, and their cultural value 

Guess you two are right yeah.

From what I've been told, Halflings don't really care about religion as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. Besides, most Halflings don't really stop to think about religion as they don't really like to stop to think- they're an easy-going people, their cheerful spirit is enough to keep them going in life, they really don't need Faith. But some Halflings that do stop to think about it simply chalk it up to Knox. But no Halfling's gonna care if you start going around waving a Lorraine's Cross, or praising the spirits, or preaching the aspects as long as they aren't running around screaming 'DEUS VULT' and hitting people with shovels and stabbing them with spades.

I mean, they way i rp'ed it (wich is wrong btw but i still do it) is that knox is halfling god and Billy is halfling jesus

2 hours ago, Tidemanno said:

I mean, they way i rp'ed it (wich is wrong btw but i still do it) is that knox is halfling god and Billy is halfling jesus

I like to think of Knox as more of a particularly powerful harvest spirit, although my characters worship Knox as monotheistic god.

I think as long as it doesn't take away from the culture, or doesn't turn them against their own, then religion is fair game.

6 hours ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

I like to think of Knox as more of a particularly powerful harvest spirit, although my characters worship Knox as monotheistic god.

Yea that seems like a way to do it, but where i normally would say "jesus christ!" I switch it out with "Billy bob!" Same with "for the love of god" and Knox xD

Edited by Tidemanno