[✗] Gunpowder, Cannon and Arquebus Lore

Hanrahan

11 minutes ago, Taketheshot said:

I very much like this idea, but the same thing bothers me and that was the fact you want it extremely hard to make via multi skill system, all this does is put it into the hands of grinders and pvp focused groups which and I am telling you now, will cause a massive ******* uproar when people start raiding settlements with guns because no one else has them. The whole idea of matchlock rifles and other weaponry of similiar nature was that it was easier to make than a crossbow, the industrial revolution sparked this but I still firmly believe it should be a relatively easy to obtain weapon just due to its simple nature, akin to the crossbow we compare it to. What I do NOT agree with, is preloading. No preloads, same as a crossbow

either way

+1

Melee weapons will still be the #1 choice despite if there's primitive firearms or not. I can guarantee that raiders are still just gonna run around swinging swords much like they do now, because the addition of firearms will be no different than having bows or crossbows. They'll be used a lot at the beginning, then people will once again opt for melee weapons 'cause they're downright better in every way. 

The matchlock age and the Industrial Revolution are literally 3-4 centuries apart from each other.

And having a preloaded matchlock isn't overpowered or unfair in any way, because if you read the thread, it states that the shooter must first prime the pan with powder, then light the wick and place it into the hammer before they fire.

In terms of RP messages and time consumed before firing, this takes just as long, if not longer than firing a crossbow.

How are guns Pandora's Box with the magics we have. Magics we have are much more deadly than any matchlock could ever be and they're not even drawn from Nexus crafting or anything of the sort. I think all bits opposing a primitive firearm are rubbish, place restrictions on it to appease the magic and anti-tech advance community and us as a whole community should help self-moderate in calling folks out on bad gun roleplay. 

On 9/27/2017 at 2:50 PM, Whimsycal said:

tNLUoFO.jpg

Hi!

So on pretty much any lore post having anything to do with cannons/guns/really anything YOU dont approve of, you either post a stale meme such as this or leave a rude comment such as "**** NO." What this is doing is not offering any form criticism or opinions that the author of the lore could possibly work on. All it is, is a quick one liner that offers nothing to the discussion taking place and instead just choosing to mock and belittle the piece of lore written.

On 9/28/2017 at 6:28 PM, Taketheshot said:

Hi!

So on pretty much any lore post having anything to do with cannons/guns/really anything YOU dont approve of, you either post a stale meme such as this or leave a rude comment such as "**** NO." What this is doing is not offering any form criticism or opinions that the author of the lore could possibly work on. All it is, is a quick one liner that offers nothing to the discussion taking place and instead just choosing to mock and belittle the piece of lore written.

And I thought I was supposed to be the sour cheese.

Also I hadn't posted anything of the sort in many many months. You were holding it in pretty badly huh. Haven't you heard bottling this sorta stuff is the wrong thing to do? Tends to make you blow up out of nowhere unexpectedly after uncertain amounts of time.

My beautifully constructed diagram illustrates my feelings on the matter in a most perfect manner and I'll keep doing so as I see fit without your interference, sir person I haven't had any exchanges with.

17 minutes ago, Whimsycal said:

And I thought I was supposed to be the sour cheese.

Also I hadn't posted anything of the sort in many many months. You were holding it in pretty badly huh. Haven't you heard bottling this sorta stuff is the wrong thing to do? Tends to make you blow up out of nowhere unexpectedly after uncertain amounts of time.

My beautifully constructed diagram illustrates my feelings on the matter in a most perfect manner and I'll keep doing so as I see fit without your interference, sir person I haven't had any exchanges with.

Attacking the person in defiance truly shows how triggered you really are, I simply pointed out how your "opinion" and "Well constructed diagram" offers nothing to the discussion and it doesn't, it merely is more evidence of your salt towards an idea you dont like, sorry mate, you aint makin much sense.

On 9/27/2017 at 3:54 PM, Sporadic said:

we don't want swordfights to be outphased by musket batallions.

This. Screamers are bad enough already, we don't need screamers with guns.

No guns. This was tried with medeusculors, and look how terrible that was. Just no.

On 1/8/2018 at 4:07 PM, The Templar said:

No guns. This was tried with medeusculors, and look how terrible that was. Just no.

Medeusculors were extremely difficult to obtain and centered around needing high level ooc magic friends to get them, comparing them to something anyone can get if they put enough time in, is preposterous.

There's already a pretty fitting piece of lore that was submitted for a version of gunpowder weaponry more in-tune with the server's themes.

And Rune Cannons, an accepted concept, already act as the stand-in for usual gunpowder siege weapons. 

You can resubmit this when the administration feels it is okay to bring guns onto LotC. If you have any further questions, feel free to send me a PM over the forums or discord at Flamboyant#8856

Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.