[Addition] [Creature] Striga

GloriaPreussens

We don't need magic gimmicks for Striggers, the entire gist of their power is that it's unknown. You're not supposed you're fucked untill its too late. Just play an elf or something if you want your sorceror character to be practically immortal.

Introducing magic to Striga would be counterintuitive to their existence. Striga as they are currently aren't supposed to be your average evil spook. Honestly I leave the server for like a month and already I see vultures flying around the things I stayed on this server to protect. Striga aren't supposed to be your average high fantasy magic casters, and are supposed to be much more suited to battle or espionage. They were designed with the intent that they would be entirely barred from the medium. Changing well established and well written lore just so you can use magic is frankly stupid and short sighted.

"A striga learning these magics would sacrifice their strength exponentially, as in the stronger they get in the magic, the weaker they get physically, as they peaked their magical abilities they would weaken to the point of only being only slightly physically stronger as a human in their prime and peak physical shape.

Upon learning necromancy, the Striga would no longer need to feed in the normal manner to gain life force, as they would be able to use necromancy to extract it, however both methods would be plausible. However, as a drawback their natural regenerative properties would slow somewhat as a result of the necromantic properties on the soul."

Personal thoughts since one of the Striga asked me to post: So what I'm seeing here is that striga, on top of their current buffs, would only be losing their strength one and even then it's at a level beyond normal mages and even all humans as "slightly stronger" than a human in their "prime and peak physical condition". They retain regen, unless they learn necro which then it's categorized as being "slow somewhat". Imo this needs further nerfing.

LT thoughts: Just tossing this out there ahead of time since it seems there's a bit of controversy, we're going to need a majority of the Striga community to be for this addition if you want to get it passed.

7 hours ago, Dewlox™ said:

As far as i know, striga do not require drinking blood to survive. It's more like a drug to them that gives them extra strenght. They do not depend on it to survive.

Not drinking makes them inherently weaker and their features pop out more, i.e they grow pale as **** and their ears show more etc.

I'd also like to bring up the fact that this is a rogue group that is requesting this, and not the actual original boys and girls that were around for the start at Vailor. I mean, role-play is role-play, and you can do whatever you please but when you are suggesting lore I find it required to speak with the other people because in the end it affects them too. I also feel like adding the feature of necromancy, where they don't have to drink, is basically just butchering the original concept of the vampire. I'd rather you just write lore for another creature.

6 minutes ago, Dewlox™ said:

Now i know more, thanks! <3 And i mean, when it comes to groups, wouldn't the main group just be able not to learn magic to keep their physical strenght and let the others do their fancy mojo stuff?

Except we (core players) do not want this addition, and we've voiced such on the thread.

As I recall the lore made their features pop out more only after drinking, not for neglecting to drink. It was something I remember suggesting they change but was met with a response that they don't want it to be a cliche "kill people on a regular basis" type creature. Has that changed over time as people RPed the creatures?

8 minutes ago, Gladuos said:

As I recall the lore made their features pop out more only after drinking, not for neglecting to drink. It was something I remember suggesting they change but was met with a response that they don't want it to be a cliche "kill people on a regular basis" type creature. Has that changed over time as people RPed the creatures?

if u drink too much u degenerate into an upir, then an alp, then a cacoran. if u neglect to drink, u'll grow weak and pale.

11 hours ago, Dewlox™ said:

As far as i know, striga do not require drinking blood to survive. It's more like a drug to them that gives them extra strenght. They do not depend on it to survive.

As far as the lore is concerned, refusing to drink blood makes them devolve into lesser Strigae permanently. They HAVE to drink blood or will devolve and drinking too much blood will also make them devolve. They need blood in order to stop themselves from degenerating into mindless beasts. 

17 minutes ago, drfate786 said:

As far as the lore is concerned, refusing to drink blood makes them devolve into lesser Strigae permanently. They HAVE to drink blood or will devolve and drinking too much blood will also make them devolve. They need blood in order to stop themselves from degenerating into mindless beasts. 

I can say with absolute certainty that refusing to drink blood doesn't make them devolve into lesser Strigae as the lore was originally accepted. Drinking too much however should.

29 minutes ago, drfate786 said:

Drinking blood isn't essential for the Strigae, but I'm quite certain that all of them do, as it is an addiction for them, drinking also makes them stronger. Abstaining from blood does not make them devolve into a lesser being, indulging too much on blood will.

3 hours ago, drfate786 said:

Wrong, a lack of drinking does not devolve one to a lesser. Neglecting to drink will essentially make you a frail old man with alot of your physical buffs weakened. Turning into a lesser requires overindulgence because you essentially break your conscious thought through being feral and basically putting yourself in a permanent 'frenzy'. They drink blood to top up and be healthy, and the frequency for such a thing is not as heavy as most other creatures.

Drinking blood more or less is essential. If the character wishes to be in their peak physical form, they will drink and feast. You will be able to spot a strigae who has not fed quite easily compared to one who has. They'll be gaunt and super pale, sickly even.

1 hour ago, GrimReaper98 said:

Wrong, a lack of drinking does not devolve one to a lesser. Neglecting to drink will essentially make you a frail old man with alot of your physical buffs weakened. Turning into a lesser requires overindulgence because you essentially break your conscious thought through being feral and basically putting yourself in a permanent 'frenzy'. They drink blood to top up and be healthy, and the frequency for such a thing is not as heavy as most other creatures.

Drinking blood more or less is essential. If the character wishes to be in their peak physical form, they will drink and feast. You will be able to spot a strigae who has not fed quite easily compared to one who has. They'll be gaunt and super pale, sickly even.

abcabc

But do I stand correct when I say they have an unending thirst for blood? IE, the more weak they get the stronger their thirst for blood would become right?

Edit: Otherwise, Strigae could just roleplay sick old men and live forever with nothing being able to really kill them.

Edited by drfate786

Just now, drfate786 said:

But do I stand correct when I say they have an unending thirst for blood? IE, the more weak they get the stronger their thirst for blood would become right?

Not as strong as popular vampire folklore, but yes. They do need blood eventually, with mass amounts of blood also being able to break their conscious thought and frenzy them aswell.

Without getting too much into the discussion (I think Caleb made the case from a LT point of view), remember this is now a thing;

After some deliberation amongst the team, we have decided that people will have the capability to have a t5 mastery of all their slots across the board unless stated otherwise in the specific magics they are learning (e.g. demi-ascended would still have the restrictions as that is part of their lore). This is mostly due to the fact that it is rather difficult to moderate who has their tiers in what (e.g. unless we establish a lot stricter rules which will hinder people across the board, I won't be able to tell if Bob wants to have his t5 slots to be dedicated to x y or z and he can say it's x y z or change it up whenever without being able to be properly monitored).

Which needn't really affect you with the exception that you stated "Can learn 2t4 and 2t3" somewhere in your addition, which breaks consistency with this August update. Do with that what you will.

Thank you for submitting your piece! This is now under review and you can expect a verdict in roughly a week.