[✗] Infernic Castors; Firearms

GDPR 014

1 hour ago, Ethan Beordbury said:

Should've written a separate post for the infernum. Also, the recipe variations don't make much sense. Grinding up a bunch of weak reagents won't create a strong one; you'll just have a large volume of low-potency infernum. Also, 100 grams of one version could be vastly more or less powerful than another.

Infernium, while it originally didn't have a name, was already a possible thing in alchemy. I didn't think i needed to describe it too much, or make a separate lore post. 

I can understand where you're coming from, and it wss my mistake for poor wording but: this amounts are how much you would need to make the standard amount of infernium. Weaker regents take more to make the standard , and stronger ones will require less to make the standard. Hopefully that clarifies anything.

3 hours ago, The Fire Mind said:

Infernium, while it originally didn't have a name, was already a possible thing in alchemy. I didn't think i needed to describe it too much, or make a separate lore post. 

I can understand where you're coming from, and it wss my mistake for poor wording but: this amounts are how much you would need to make the standard amount of infernium. Weaker regents take more to make the standard , and stronger ones will require less to make the standard. Hopefully that clarifies anything.

Sure, but amount isn't the same as potency. X grams of infernium made from a jumble of weak reagents wouldn't have the same capabilities as that amount made with higher strength reagents. Again you'd just create a greater volume with a lesser strength. And while the recipes may have the same power when their proportions are adjusted, each are limited to roughly the same maximum amount when they're packed into whatever castor.

7 minutes ago, Ethan Beordbury said:

Sure, but amount isn't the same as potency. X grams of infernium made from a jumble of weak reagents wouldn't have the same capabilities as that amount made with higher strength reagents. Again you'd just create a greater volume with a lesser strength. And while the recipes may have the same power when their proportions are adjusted, each are limited to roughly the same maximum amount when they're packed into whatever castor.

Yeah, I forgot to add that in when I was replying to your message. That was a mistake on my part and I should have edited that in prior. Thank you for reminding me!

A goldhand smith rubs his hands together jewishly seeing a new business opportunity "Yes yes." +Many

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 8:57 PM, Sir K Andruske said:

With how prevalent the act of terrorism has become it was nice knowing LoTC was a place that wasn't about firearms.  Even medeus were simply aesthetic wands. Just thematically speaking 

abcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabc

this is the funniest thing ive ever read on the forums, I love you for making my day

On 03/10/2017 at 2:40 PM, The Fire Mind said:

Explanation of the application and teaching process - The title of Gunsmith is an incredibly rare, coveted, and valuable title. Unlike the mundane professions of blacksmith, alchemist, and so on, the very practice of Gunsmithing has been kept from the hands of the many masses of the world and held with great esteem to a select few. Some may harshly critique this practice, but to those with the skill and knowledge, to keep such a close harbored secret is necessity. A close knit guild of gunsmiths work together in locations hidden from the world. Their forges are never seen by those without the greatest trust from the smiths, their labs where the catalyst is formed an even greater secret kept hidden from even the most trusted of friends. When the first guns were properly forged and fired, the men and women who had crafted these objects swore an oath to one another that they would never let the knowledge of their new found craft into the hands of anyone without the agreement of every living gunsmith. Due to this, gaining apprenticeship with one of these smiths is extremely difficult, and most will never make the cut.

All gunsmiths are descendant students of one of the three original smiths. In the beginning, only these few smiths shared this deadly knowledge, and from them, students were gained, taught, and made to join the guild in its oath of secrecy.

I just finished reading the lore, and I realised that this is bad, which allows very small and closed circlejerks to create all the weapons and just give them out to who they want to;

Also, just like any magic lore, do you think that these three teachers will actually teach a random person instead of someone within their strict circlejerk? It'll be a thing kept in a circlejerk most likely that is only teached to closest OOC friends

On 03/10/2017 at 2:40 PM, The Fire Mind said:

The application must be signed by a minimum of three gunsmiths in agreement that this player is responsible and will not abuse their craft.

... I ... I just hope that my playerbase gets access to this lore instead of being a human exclusive thing

2 hours ago, Man of Respect said:

I just finished reading the lore, and I realised that this is bad, which allows very small and closed circlejerks to create all the weapons and just give them out to who they want to;

Also, just like any magic lore, do you think that these three teachers will actually teach a random person instead of someone within their strict circlejerk? It'll be a thing kept in a circlejerk most likely that is only teached to closest OOC friends

... I ... I just hope that my playerbase gets access to this lore instead of being a human exclusive thing

Probably will be carried out similar to shamanism expect the racial-lock factor. Anyone will be able to learn if they show they have RP responsibility. I don't think Gunsmithing will be racially locked or circle jerked. Yes, it will probably be a small proportion of players in the know, but that doesn't necessitate a circle-jerk. At the end of the day, the knowledge is far TOO devastating for the information to be widespread. If I had to guess, I'd imagine a goblin would be a suitable student of these teachers.

That all said, I highly doubt any teacher would actively teach any nationally aligned character like a War Nation member or an Imperial. That's just a recipe for disaster.

I think it necessarily needs to be a closed group of those in the know, but I don't think it necessitates the operation will be based on OOC friendship circlejerk.

15 hours ago, Man of Respect said:

I agree 100% with this, no ******* circle jerks, if someone can competently create one on their own let them.

If I had literally any time for this I would make an extra gunslinger character who rages against the world of mages and gods. Purge all unnatural influence, make the world true again. *clenches anime fist

Phil told me to comment okay.

The only reason, I would say NO to this is because of the tabletop method of rolling it uses. It is simply too cumbersome, the easy way to deal with firearms is to have a mechanical plugin for it. I am pretty sure we do not have DnD rolling system in LOTC, with modifiers for swords extra also. 

Edited by Sultan

Thank you for your submission @The Fire Mind but the lore team has ultimately decided to decline your lore as its too modern.

Thank you and have a nice day