[✗] Infernic Castors; Firearms

GDPR 014

On 1/8/2018 at 3:49 PM, The Templar said:

No guns. We already tried medeusculors. They failed.

Medeusculors were extremely difficult to obtain and centered around needing high level ooc magic friends to get them, comparing them to something anyone can get if they put enough time in, is preposterous.

7 hours ago, Taketheshot said:

Medeusculors were extremely difficult to obtain and centered around needing high level ooc magic friends to get them, comparing them to something anyone can get if they put enough time in, is preposterous.

Anyone could research and craft a medeusculor 

7 hours ago, Taketheshot said:

medesculors were a wand reskin that ppl like me memed w tbh

this is like

a gun

Yessir that sounds great + 1 

I keep checking my watch because I swear this was well past due when it was posted (like magic for Canonism)

Admittedly it's after 3am, I'm only reading this as I saw it linked elsewhere, and due to being tired haven't read the full thing but plan to later (too long for sleepy brain to handle). 

Hearing "alchemy guns" though instantly brought a few questions to mind. Like I said, tired, so if you already answered any of this somewhere feel free to copy and paste or just say that it's covered in the OP. 

• How will this be regulated to ensure it doesn't become a trolling mess of only meme RP like medeusculors? 
  • How will this be regulated to ensure people don't powergame it or try doing a one emote kill?
  • Our RP combat system already needs better quality control/regulations for the issues currently present, how will you ensure this addition to RP combat doesn't just add to the mess? 
  • How could you counter this? We have armor for bows and swords, would armor stop the projectiles from these firearms? Or are you just screwed over moment someone fires at you and have no choice but to die? 

Honestly I don't see the need for a portable firearm, people already try stupid things like "it's preloaded" with crossbows. Plus if you emote whipping one of these out I imagine people will just resort to PvP rather than having to deal with it (like too many people react to magic already). 

Now actual proper cannons for warclaims would be interesting but smaller firearms I see causing more trouble than they're worth at this point in time

51 minutes ago, Aelsioln said:
  • How will this be regulated to ensure it doesn't become a trolling mess of only meme RP like medeusculors? 
  • How will this be regulated to ensure people don't powergame it or try doing a one emote kill?
  • Our RP combat system already needs better quality control/regulations for the issues currently present, how will you ensure this addition to RP combat doesn't just add to the mess? 
  • How could you counter this? We have armor for bows and swords, would armor stop the projectiles from these firearms? Or are you just screwed over moment someone fires at you and have no choice but to die? 

As someone who has read the post numerous times and feels somewhat knowledgeable about it, I believe I can explain all 4 of these points.

• Only certain hand-picked individuals will be given the right to craft one of these weapons, so they will most likely be good RPers and candidates to regulate said weapons. 
  • There are red-lines all across the board for these guns and they have a uniquely designed rolling system that ensures no one could power-game without getting in trouble. The players still need to report if they do see power-gaming, and it is not a craft/magics fault if there is power-gaming, the players are to blame for their mistakes.
  • This system, like I said, has a rolling system that is strict and unforgiving, there is a baseline for how strong they are, and it only goes down.
  • Steel Plate armor will counter most of these weapons, with exception to the castor that works like a shot-gun. The farther you are from the gun, the less damage you will receive from the bullet.

No, stop.

Firearms CANNOT be a thing in lotc and never should be so please for the love of ******* god stop

3 hours ago, Mordu said:

As someone who has read the post numerous times and feels somewhat knowledgeable about it, I believe I can explain all 4 of these points.

• Only certain hand-picked individuals will be given the right to craft one of these weapons, so they will most likely be good RPers and candidates to regulate said weapons. 
  • There are red-lines all across the board for these guns and they have a uniquely designed rolling system that ensures no one could power-game without getting in trouble. The players still need to report if they do see power-gaming, and it is not a craft/magics fault if there is power-gaming, the players are to blame for their mistakes.
  • This system, like I said, has a rolling system that is strict and unforgiving, there is a baseline for how strong they are, and it only goes down.
  • Steel Plate armor will counter most of these weapons, with exception to the castor that works like a shot-gun. The farther you are from the gun, the less damage you will receive from the bullet.

Also '''''''''''''''''''''''hand picking'''''''''''''''''''''''''''' comes down to natural staff or lore holder bias where everyone that has one sucks the other one off to get it, so good luck with that.

9 hours ago, Mordu said:

Thank you for answering ^-^ 

Alright, I feel a little better about possibly seeing these in roleplay now though I hope that the hand-picking doesn't result in only people of certain cliques being able to access the items. As long as any good RPer has a chance and people chosen know to keep it in check then I'll remove my "no" vote.

2 hours ago, Aelsioln said:

Alright, I feel a little better about possibly seeing these in roleplay now though I hope that the hand-picking doesn't result in only people of certain cliques being able to access the items. As long as any good RPer has a chance and people chosen know to keep it in check then I'll remove my "no" vote.

I can only try to find good Rp'ers who can handle using these firearms. I might miss a few people, but I'll give it the best I got. In addition, there will be more gunsmiths beside me, so that should help in opening the lore up to more players and aiding in overall accessibility. In addition, I'll see to measures being made so that guns do not oversaturate the server, meaning there won't be like 40 somewhat guys using pistols or the like. 

1 hour ago, The Fire Mind said:

I can only try to find good Rp'ers who can handle using these firearms. I might miss a few people, but I'll give it the best I got. In addition, there will be more gunsmiths beside me, so that should help in opening the lore up to more players and aiding in overall accessibility. In addition, I'll see to measures being made so that guns do not oversaturate the server, meaning there won't be like 40 somewhat guys using pistols or the like. 

why cant i pike n shot?!?!?!11/!?1/