The forums have been updated to IPS Community Version 4.2.2 - We're still working on improving the theme for everyone to enjoy so please hang tight. We will also hopefully have new features soon to share with you all.

Welcome to The Lord Of The Craft

We're currently the #1 Minecraft Roleplaying Server, fitted with custom plugins, a unique crafting system, custom character cards and an incredibly active and passionate community; We're serious about Roleplay and we're always eager for new faces!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Emilyyy

[Accepted] Inactive guy's FM App

11 posts in this topic

Obligatory Music

Minecraft Username(s):

Sythan

Time Zone:

GMT +8

PM me

Discord:

PM me

Have you been previously banned (be it a forum or server ban) and under what circumstances did you receive this ban?:

Banned on server for 17 hours for mining on resource island.

Have you ever received warning points and what actions were committed to receive such points?:

Nope

Moderating the forums is a very time dependant staff position. How much time, on average, would you be able to dedicate to moderating?:

1-2 hours a day.

What experience do you have using the LotC forums or any forum in general?:

I have previously been a part of the Application Team, Forum Team, and Lore Team, which are (or were) mainly forum based teams. No doubt I can pick it all up easily again.

What does it mean to be a Forum Moderator, in your own words? What responsibilities does the Forum Moderator have to carry out  in order to successfully do their job?:

After having been on the team before, I believe the answer is just keep the peace. That is the basis at least. Be as unbiased as possible. If in doubt, get a second opinion.

Have you ever held a staff position here on LotC? Do you currently hold any other staff positions? If so, list them and highlight something about the team that you enjoyed/enjoy.:

As stated above, was previously on App team, Forum team and Lore team. Not currently on any.

What I enjoyed initially and what I ended up finding most enjoyment out of App team are a bit different. Initially is was the generic enjoyment of helping people out. At the end I just enjoyed the team. Miss that group.

Forum team I enjoyed mainly the sorting and cleaning up of the forums to make the archives and such much more neat. Obviously hiding certain comments and keeping everyone in line was a part of the job back then, which I admit I wasn’t the biggest fan of. I believe this server is where people should go to have fun, forums included. Obviously offensive content I didn’t think twice of but, old FM team I think it was all taken a bit too seriously for my tastes.

Lore Team was good but not what I expected. I enjoyed helping people out when I could but I found the idea of it back then to be somewhat counterproductive to its own purpose. But since then I see it has changed drastically.

Why should you be a Forum Moderator? What can you bring forward to the team that allows you to moderate and enforce the conduct of the forums?:

I’m Aussie, so I am often around when most others are not. Also,  I consider myself neutral in most cases, being able to see most situations from both sides which eliminates a large portion of potential bias. Adding to this, I’m not that active on the server and don’t exactly have close friendships with certain communities which further adds to lack of potential bias behavior.

What characteristics do you posses that makes you stand out from any other applicant?:

Mainly the two points above. Aussie and unbiased.

Are there members of the current Forum Moderation Team that you do not get along with or see a problem with working with in the future? If so, what is it that could hinder your ability to work together. Remember, this is a team and working together is the main foundation of a team.:

Haven’t talked to the lad in a while. Sadly if JakeFSF is no longer a squeaker I don’t think we can be friends. But I’m sure we can work out our differences.

How long do you plan to stay on the team?:

Until I’m no longer needed.

Are there any extra things you'd like to mention?:  

My actual server and RP activity may increase in the near future, or it may not. Not sure if that is an issue.

He hasn't given me a reason to doubt him. I encouraged him to apply a few months back, glad he decided to do it.

+1

Image result for thumbs up gif

43 minutes ago, Sythan said:

Moderating the forums is a very time dependant staff position. How much time, on average, would you be able to dedicate to moderating?:

1-2 hours a day.

hmmm

46 minutes ago, Sythan said:

I’m Aussie

This is all I needed to read. +1

3 hours ago, _Jandy_ said:

hmmm

bb theres a lot you can do in 2 hours ;) ;)

;)

kill me

+1 ily Sythan

The activity on the forums might be an issue, but overall it's a pretty solid app.

Wait.. He's still here?! +1
He's a nice guy

Image result for bear nodding gif

He will abuse his power. Can confirm as a former victim of this evildoer.

10 hours ago, Vaynth said:

The activity on the forums might be an issue, but overall it's a pretty solid app.

I was going for more an average. Some days it'll be more. Also sort of accounting for the days I'm simply not available. I browse the forums quite often, despite not posting much anymore. Didn't want to give an overestimate. But that being said, wouldn't be surprised if my average time would be more than what is stated.

9 hours ago, Whimsycal said:

He will abuse his power. Can confirm as a former victim of this evildoer.

Coming for you.

Accepted.