Sign in to follow this  
kender123

[Denied][GM] [App] KenderWender's soul on sale

IGN(s): kender123

Timezone:

EST

Discord: Kendy#9130

What map did you join during?: 

I joined about 2-3 years ago? Can't remember the realm but I came back to Lotc and found myself in Axios. (I was caught up with finishing school back then which is why I didn't play on too much of the other realms.)

Do you have access to a microphone?:

Yep yep but I'm currently looking for a better one.

Average daily playing time?:

I'm usually on all the time but I'd like to occasionally go and play some other games, but estimated amount of time I take playing is 5-10 hours that vary. I'm usually on whenever I am needed for something if it I'm asked.

Have you held any LotC staff position(s) before? If so, for how long?:

Nah man, I'm just a normie

Why do you want to join the GM Team?: 

I thought of this decision for a bit now and I'm finally getting to work on an application after seeing a few friends that came and go on the GM team I think it's time I try and make a difference. I've been wanting to do something on this server other than do small amounts of rp or sit afk doing nothing when at times I could be doing something far better, or even just dealing with tickets that people need help with when other GMs aren't online to deal with. I think I'd be a great addition to the GM team because I can do whatever I'm told and when I'm set on a path it's hard for me to step out of the zone I put myself into, so why not give ye boi a chance? :^ ) I'd love to get to know the team and help with most of the issues that come along the way as I hope to only handle situations civilly, I try my best to be as friendly as I can and not as bias towards certain feuds between players or other Staff Members. This may be short but this is my first application to any staff position so have mercy on my man, I'm only a normie.

Have you applied for this position before and been denied? If so, link the application: Nope

Anything else you want to tell us?: Take my soul daddy-san

skeleton-still-waiting-2.jpg

This man is a great friend and with his logic and his way of thinking. I believe he is a great man for the job. 

-1 ,  Never seen him around, nor in regards to his forum activity and posting. People will not be used to him nor do we know how he acts by a general amount rather than mainly a single race.

4 minutes ago, tornado241 said:

-1 ,  Never seen him around, nor in regards to his forum activity and posting. People will not be used to him nor do we know how he acts by a general amount rather than mainly a single race.

That's what trials are for buddy. I was a nobody when I was a GM and I worked to make myself noticeable. Doesn't matter if you're active on the forums, it's the will to work.

+1 Lovable guy who only ever means well. Would be wonderful in such a position.

On 10/10/2017 at 12:39 PM, Nekkore said:

That's what trials are for buddy. I was a nobody when I was a GM and I worked to make myself noticeable. Doesn't matter if you're active on the forums, it's the will to work.

This is my opinion and what I believe. You may disagree, by all means thats your right to. But I will still stick to my opinion. And I aint your 'buddy'. 

There's a saying by a good man named Aislin that if you really want the server to improve you role-play. My one encounter with you was subpar and you power-gamed to the point that I was actually mind blown you found those actions to be logical and when corrected you stood by your own actions and shed off criticism as though you were being victimized. I can't speak for your integrity as an individual, but first impressions are important.

So far on your app you mention what you want to do, not how you want to do it. I think you need to look more into what ideas you want to bring with you onto the team if you're so adamant about getting a trial. I also recommend learning to handle criticism and how to communicate with others meaningfully.

I hope you see it fit to take this to heart without being overly predisposed towards taking it as an attack, it's certainly not my intention to demean you, just to provide a few observations.

Kudos and good night.

I remember when we fought and there were loads of you, yet all I could here was “Emote in the next 5 seconds or I’m calling a GM or reporting.” And if you want ideas I wish to prevent players like that from happening as that is harassment. I can take criticism and most the emotes that we’re thrown at me were most likely power-game along with elements of meta  when your party slain all of us cause of random halflings and spooks charging in, because of this event that happened it pushed me even more to become a GM so I can assist situations like this properly.

If that is your issue then I’d gladly like to show you how I work as a Trial Gm as I think I have a good chance, despite most the banter being thrown around that doesn’t bother me but it does tell me what I can improve on, so thank you for your feedback. 

9 hours ago, kender123 said:

I remember when we fought and there were loads of you, yet all I could here was “Emote in the next 5 seconds or I’m calling a GM or reporting.” And if you want ideas I wish to prevent players like that from happening as that is harassment. I can take criticism and most the emotes that we’re thrown at me were most likely power-game along with elements of meta  when your party slain all of us cause of random halflings and spooks charging in, because of this event that happened it pushed me even more to become a GM so I can assist situations like this properly.

If that is your issue then I’d gladly like to show you how I work as a Trial Gm as I think I have a good chance, despite most the banter being thrown around that doesn’t bother me but it does tell me what I can improve on, so thank you for your feedback. 

It's extremely impolite and poor sportsmanship to make someone wait 15 minutes on a response to rp. I'd take credit for that provided you absolutely refused to notify anybody if you were afk and didn't apologize for it. 

Dealing with harassment is too broad. It is something anybody can do. Make plans that'll make you stand out as a candidate, don't expect to be added purely because you feel you can be a good trial. Half the battle is being ready for the trial, the other half is being able to communicate with your superiors, peers and the community.