[✗] Invocation

Ambduscias

giphy.gif

All jokes aside, I'm a fan of this lore piece. Anything to break the mold of traditional magic lore + DRAGONS? Mmm.. mmm. Good stuff.

tenor.gif?itemid=5625072

Skyrim is for the Nords, not Lotc.

tenor.gif

Years ago I always wanted to put in an addition about words of power related to Elven and learning Elven, which let's face it is hard. At the time, there was no LT and the GMs were... not a big fan of me and who I stood for so it didn't seem like something that I wanted to push.

My point being I conceptually agree with invocations like this. In fact, I think it is one of the magic types most suitable for LotC. So I've got your back on that count. My only niggle is of course what everyone else has already pointed out: Does it have to be so.... derivative?

Thank you kindly and think it over.

57 minutes ago, Sporadic said:

Years ago I always wanted to put in an addition about words of power related to Elven and learning Elven, which let's face it is hard. At the time, there was no LT and the GMs were... not a big fan of me and who I stood for so it didn't seem like something that I wanted to push.

My point being I conceptually agree with invocations like this. In fact, I think it is one of the magic types most suitable for LotC. So I've got your back on that count. My only niggle is of course what everyone else has already pointed out: Does it have to be so.... derivative?

Thank you kindly and think it over.

abcabcabcabc

I debated on attempting an Elven words of power derivative from their current language well before this, but coincidence worked out when a friend wanted to cooperate to write something. There wasn't any particular desire for "here skyrim dragonborn magic," and the piece itself is more derivative of WoW priests and words of power than it is of Elder Scrolls. Not to mention, the concept itself doesn't originally fall under Elder Scrolls; it's been a running trope throughout history.

It's similar in concept, but the mechanics are entirely different and it brings a new variety of RP that isn't similar to anything else available. Would you decline fire evocation because of destruction in Skyrim too? It's a weird border of where you draw the lines of things being too similar. If it really is such an issue that people really don't want words of power, I'll rewrite my portion of the lore and make it something more simple and generic rather than having a word-based magic.

Edited by Ambduscias

this is good this is really good

this is ******* good

To make an aforementioned note, they don't control Dragons. There's no slavery, no control involved, and under jurisdiction (within reasoning) warn a Dragon of an incoming threat (with RP knowledge, of course) so it may fly away. They can using a pure telepathic speech free of language barriers and more so focused around intent, will, are able to pacify Dragons. This is a means to maintain and upkeep the Dragons they make, giving involvement, which is done through using Aruzond's powerful draconic voice recognized by Dragons as its the voice of a Greater Dragaar. Any sort of Dragon relocating to an area with populace can only be exercised at will of the LT, meaning if the ET wanted to do something, then that could coordinated to provide a Dragon event like Swgrclan did with wood elves and the Jackal Dragon. The whole grove event line for the most part was badass, so its to allow anything like that to happen at moderation of the LT, and ET.

Otherwise they're useless in terms of exercising Dragon power because that wasn't the marshaling thought around it, just to give events seen by ET and LT moderation when wanted.

They can limit to a Dragon to an out skirted, urban area close to its already natural habitat to visit and give the maker of the Dragon more depth to the Dragons; beside senselessly savage, at times one is pacified, allowing the creator a bonding that isn't particularly done with language. It's like an indirect link to father, son, as no they aren't fathers but they're creators, giving room for quite a bond to form through RP. The same admiration can be seen through other scholars, philosophers, adventures of LOTC around an embroiled visiting presumably a Dragon of their handwork. 

td;lr  I wanted to try and explain Dragon's aren't used for anything damaging.

Edited by ScubaSteveee

We can help accept a weakness to paladins to better implement the piece due to origins, connection.

I edit and redact some of what I said, made an error. This will be revised by this edit, they adopt some traits due to their connection, but unlike Nephilim haven't induced any Dragon's blood therefore aren't actual Dragons in any shape or form. They use Aruzond's voice and don't even have a Dragon Soul, but use a connected form of magic to him that only through that connection leads to basic draconic features where mostly they adopt the traits of Aruzond.

The traits are not instantaneous either and more grow on the user with time, eventually forming minor scales, eye changing to connection like one would find connected to Aerial. 

Edited by ScubaSteveee

I honestly don't think we deserve the weakness under LOTC rationality, but I'd accept a weakness to have the piece better implemented.

On 10/19/2017 at 2:58 PM, ScubaSteveee said:

We can help accept a weakness to paladins to better implement the piece due to origins, connection.

I edit and redact some of what I said, made an error. This will be revised by this edit, they adopt some traits due to their connection, but unlike Nephilim haven't induced any Dragon's blood therefore aren't actual Dragons in any shape or form. They use Aruzond's voice and don't even have a Dragon Soul, but use a connected form of magic to him that only through that connection leads to basic draconic features where mostly they adopt the traits of Aruzond.

The traits are not instantaneous either and more grow on the user with time, eventually forming minor scales, eye changing to connection like one would find connected to Aerial. 

To clarify that I got some information wrong HOWEVER has been edited to correctness and this comment is to update that. All fixed up.

Edited by ScubaSteveee

tenor.gif

+1

Not gonna lie the rituals need to require more people, three seems clique-like, should be six at least. I had two IRL events distract me at the end of the piece, sorta jumbled me up. It shouldn't be three and should be six. I'd like to tweak this and step it up before it's too late.