[✗] A new way to disconnect with friends.

Greekbro33

As kind of an outsider looking in (trying to make a cleric, but not connected yet), I've always seen it as when someone disconnects someone wrongly, the god (aka the LT, who should already be handling this very issue without having to change or make new lore) usually sends a vision to another holy user of the same type that can disconnect. That's why deity visions exist, so that the god (LT) can let people know when others are abusing the magic, and to tell them to stop the rogue. So yeah, while you could go around disconnecting people just because you do not like them, you usually can't do it for very long. (That is, as long as the LT/MT pay attention to the wrong doings of said person/persons and don't just write and vote on lore. Not an insult to current LT, but it's been that way in the past.)

I dunno. That's just my two cents.

How about we stop thinking that deities give a **** and make players only have the ability to disconnect. It also means people can go rogue without people screaming OOC'ly at them.

No applications, no loopholes. You should get disconnected IC'ly for IC reasons. No orbital god drops, nothing like that.

Don't really understand your marriage metaphors but I am relatively fine with your proposal for disconnection apps. However, I sincerely wonder who has been given disconnection ability and has been using it so irresponsibly that you deem an app to be necessary. Sure, there's room for theoretical abuse, but a much easier policy would be to only give disconnection powers to responsible players. Now you run the risk of OOC "disconnection app" threads turning into heated arguments: If I were a cleric, no way I'd let such a thread get accepted without me doing my say.

Each magic has their own ways of disconnection, you just need to give it to a few trustworthy persons and you wont have a problem, that is something that you regulate IC, not with an application.

Apologies, there seems to have been a miscommunication with pinging this thread when it was originally put under review. A verdict will be posted in a day or so. Sorry for the confusion!

This Lore has been denied. Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.