The forums have been updated to IPS Community Version 4.2.2 - We're still working on improving the theme for everyone to enjoy so please hang tight. We will also hopefully have new features soon to share with you all.

Welcome to The Lord Of The Craft

We're currently the #1 Minecraft Roleplaying Server, fitted with custom plugins, a unique crafting system, custom character cards and an incredibly active and passionate community; We're serious about Roleplay and we're always eager for new faces!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Josh3738

[Trial]Halp. Am bor3d. (Josh's 2nd Gm App)

25 posts in this topic

Minecraft name/s: (List the username of your main, and any alternate accounts)

Josh3738

19 (Will beh twenteh suun)

Timezone: (State your Timezone. Ex: GMT-6)

EST/CST (Depends on the time of year)

Discord: (You will need Discord to be in the chats and for interviews.)

Have it for the ET

What is your availability: (Tell us how many hours you can spend on the server daily, and between what times.)

Generally speaking, I can be on for quite some time at the moment depending on what day it is. I can very easily spend upwards of 5-6 hours daily on the server on a heavier day and a great deal more on an off day.

Tell us an issue you currently experience on the server: (If you’re experiencing problems on the server at this current time, please state what they are.)

Roskstar quit the et lead position so no not anymore.

How do you feel individual GMs should present themselves personally and collectively as a team?: (In your personal opinion, how should GMs communicate with the Playerbase, how should they act?)

First and foremost a gm shouldn’t be a cut and dry/stoic staff member. It’s perfectly acceptable to joke around and have some fun in the position with other people and players as long as you know where to draw the line. It’s rather obvious that you shouldn’t be jumping about and screwing with people in what you think is a funny joke in the middle of conflict resolution. There has to be a degree of professionalism when it comes to the point of a necessity of said professionalism. In addition to that, unless circumstances require you to deal with a situation involving your own group, as in you being the only one on, there should be no staff involvement on the part of a gm when anything involves a group you support irp or oocly. This should include everything from war team to villainy to the simplest of dispute modreqs. At no point should a gm partake in the decision on something that their group could potentially benefit from.

As for the whole team, there should be no difference between the actions of how the individual should act and how the team should act. In terms of communication, it’s also rather obvious what should be kept private in terms of information (ban logs, ip, etc.) and what should be made public to the playerbase (gm decisions, changes to the team, etc.)

What are your finest and worst traits?: (Shoot for two or three of each. This part is to have you analyse yourself.)

Strengths:

I’m very organized and tend to keep all my work and such in an easy to understand manner.

Having previously been a gm, I have experience in both conflict resolution and modreq work as well as project work.

I’ve been around for a looooooooong time now so I’ve quite a bit of experience when it comes to wars, battles, etc. and I think I could certainly help out with the war team at the moment as well.

Not Strengths:

There are definitely times when I cannot get on which might affect my ability to work as much as I’ve said I can (finals, exams, project groups, etc. (Uni things))

Why are you the best candidate for the Game Team?: (Convince us on why you are the person we want within the Game Team)

Considering the current state of the war team, I believe I can certainly offer my experience in pushing for a better and more straightforward process than what we presently have. I have also previously been a gm and worked with the team for quite some time from July of last year to May of this year when I stepped down due to ever pressing family issues on top of finals. All this having passed, I now have time to again put my name in the hat to help out and, given my extensive experience and time dedicated to the position, I believe I am a clear candidate to join up once more.

My last app:

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/147518-accepted-josh3738s-gm-app/

-1 has threatened me and i dont feel safe on the server woth him on the gm team so pls deny 

I support this G map. +1

2 hours ago, Bloodnight said:

-1 has threatened me and i dont feel safe on the server woth him on the gm team so pls deny 

with* :P

I don't think you're that bad of a guy but your history as a GM isn't pretty (from what I can remember). Varying from abusing PEX in PvP, blatant bias and target bans. I might be thinking of Dizzy, so if im wrong I apologize but I see you two as the same person usually.

1 minute ago, DPM said:

I don't think you're that bad of a guy but your history as a GM isn't pretty (from what I can remember). Varying from abusing PEX in PvP, blatant bias and target bans. I might be thinking of Dizzy, so if im wrong I apologize but I see you two as the same person usually.

I think I pvp'd maybe twice that I can remember while I was gm and I didn't abuse my pex for it. I did target ban arockstar quite a bit tho so yea that's true.

I mean, when you adhere to your PK clause with DPM and kill Zahrer, maybe I'll +1.

For now, it's a -1

jash es a potato an u should deny him!!!1!!!!!!1!

Spoiler

On a serious note, Josh was a great GM the last time, let's go bois. +1

Do us a favour and change the colour. Too hard to read.

give him gm so he can get his coal vip back, needs the /focus for avoiding roleplay.

edit

fr he gonna zap zap me in the anus if he get that blue tag back

-1 removed democracy smh

back when a bunch of villains did that operation kaboom **** i remember going through their google doc and finding logs of u being blatantly bias cuz we clapped you back in athera and u held grudge then finally had ur chance to take us out with ur sidekick dizzy771 and did it

lQ5fRcv.png

mocking innocent players of lotc and wanting to remove our "shitty" tent....... >

ps29YRq.png

not a +1 or -1 i just hope he has changed and no longer holds grudges against players who have outplayed him in previous maps