The forums have been updated to IPS Community Version 4.2.2 - We're still working on improving the theme for everyone to enjoy so please hang tight. We will also hopefully have new features soon to share with you all.

Welcome to The Lord Of The Craft

We're currently the #1 Minecraft Roleplaying Server, fitted with custom plugins, a unique crafting system, custom character cards and an incredibly active and passionate community; We're serious about Roleplay and we're always eager for new faces!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MissToni

[Accepted] MissToni's second Forum Application

5 posts in this topic

Minecraft Username(s): MissToni

Time Zone: CEST and CET

Discord: #0760 (I don't use discord as much as I use Skype, by the way) 

Have you been previously banned (be it a forum or server ban) and under what circumstances did you receive this ban?: No, not that I know of. 

Have you ever received warning points and what actions were committed to receive such points?: I did receive a warning once, but without a warning point due to having made a comment on a post as an anonymous post. I had been certain that I had written the name of the rp persona, but I did not so that was my fault. 

Moderating the forums is a very time dependant staff position. How much time, on average, would you be able to dedicate to moderating?: I think about like 3, maybe 4 hours a day...? Depends on if I am busy with homework, studying for tests and stuff. 

What experience do you have using the LotC forums or any forum in general?: I do not have that much experience besides having made a few posts myself, along with commenting on other people's posts. But I am willing to learn more. 

What does it mean to be a Forum Moderator, in your own words? What responsibilities does the Forum Moderator have to carry out  in order to successfully do their job?: I think that being a Forum Moderator is not just about punishing players for making bad posts or hiding them, but help them understand why their post is not fit for this website. I also believe that a Forum Moderator is there to wander through many posts a day even if they are tired. They have to read through a lot of the posts that players put up to make sure nothing is wrong and that it is fine, and perhaps if it is something that person does not know then help them. I also think that if the forum moderator is unsure it is better to ask another one then just punish a player or hide a post. Another one of forum moderator's responsibilities is to make sure everyone is having fun on the website and that if they post something another player won't attack them on that post. Be it with a covered or uncovered insult. 

Have you ever held a staff position here on LotC? Do you currently hold any other staff positions? If so, list them and highlight something about the team that you enjoyed/enjoy.: No, I have not. 

Why should you be a Forum Moderator? What can you bring forward to the team that allows you to moderate and enforce the conduct of the forums?: To be honest with you I do not know why I should be one. Though I got told by a a now resigned FM that she thought I would make a great FM and that I should try and apply for one. So I started thinking about it, at first I thought no... But now that I've thought it through I would like to be one to help other players in need. To help the other FM's so they don't have to do the job alone all the time. Perhaps to bring a more safety feeling for other players that wish to post things for the first time (or 100th time). I do not really know any other reasons for why I want to join then that. 

What characteristics do you posses that makes you stand out from any other applicant?:

I am usually honest unless I know that if I tell the truth it can hurt that person or other people if I do so. From what I have heard I am usually calm, and I believe so myself too. I also like to bring happiness to everyone along with support. I also enjoy helping others. 

Are there members of the current Forum Moderation Team that you do not get along with or see a problem with working with in the future? If so, what is it that could hinder your ability to work together. Remember, this is a team and working together is the main foundation of a team.: No, don't think there is any. 

How long do you plan to stay on the team?: I am unsure... but maybe like a few months? Perhaps more, depends on how it goes with me being an FM and what happens in the future when I start working and stuff. 

Are there any extra things you'd like to mention?: My parents are really strict... so there may be some days where I won't be able to be online because of them finding out I have a test in a week or something. Or an essay due by this and that date. 

Toni is a great person. Kind, cooperating, smart and willing to help whenever she can. She is also fair and just, with good knowledge of the server. I believe she would become a great Forum Moderator.

A big +1

Miss Toe knee is a lovely lass and I'm still unsure if i'm just an alt account of her or not.

So I give her my big boy +1

Accepted.