The forums have been updated to IPS Community Version 4.2.2 - We're still working on improving the theme for everyone to enjoy so please hang tight. We will also hopefully have new features soon to share with you all.

Welcome to The Lord Of The Craft

We're currently the #1 Minecraft Roleplaying Server, fitted with custom plugins, a unique crafting system, custom character cards and an incredibly active and passionate community; We're serious about Roleplay and we're always eager for new faces!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Gargled

[Accepted] Crinky's FM Application

5 posts in this topic

Is that a bird? Is that a plane? No, it's Crinky's FM application!

Minecraft Username(s): Crinky

Time Zone: EST

Discord: Crinky#3597

Have you been previously banned (be it a forum or server ban) and under what circumstances did you receive this ban?: No.

Have you ever received warning points and what actions were committed to receive such points?: I have never received a warning point, however I did receive a warning from an FM, as I posted an OOC post in an IC area, and it discussed the actions of a player.

Moderating the forums is a very time dependent staff position. How much time, on average, would you be able to dedicate to moderating?: 1-2 hour(s) per evening, and about an hour in the morning.

What experience do you have using the LotC forums or any forum in general?:

I use the forum quite a bit, as it is a primary source for the overall platform of LOTC. I helped run a forum for a minecraft server of about 1000 individuals when I was younger- mainly dishing out warning points as well as verbal warnings to players.

What does it mean to be a Forum Moderator, in your own words? What responsibilities does the Forum Moderator have to carry out  in order to successfully do their job?: 

A forum moderator has a huge impact on the community. As one, you're either liked, or disliked, so it's a really big challenge to take on. They are the line between anarchy and calm on the forums- I know that sounds a bit exaggerated, but I'm sure any forum moderator can tell you it's true. To be a forum moderator is to be a circle of defense, one that needs to stay secure. A majority of us have seen a forum riot or two- and it really is at a level of stress only the best of us can overcome. In order to be a successful one, you need to be capable when it comes to staying away from bias or anger, otherwise you're not meant for this position.

Have you ever held a staff position here on LotC? Do you currently hold any other staff positions? If so, list them and highlight something about the team that you enjoyed/enjoy.: 

I currently hold the position of Application Moderator. Being relatively new to the team, I haven't been able to do much, but I can already see the sense of community and friendship. AT and FM go hand in hand, they are both the first things players see when they find LOTC when it comes to community leaders and professionalism. Something I really enjoy about the AT are the people. I cannot tell you how much love I already have for them, and this is honestly my first week on the team.

Why should you be a Forum Moderator? What can you bring forward to the team that allows you to moderate and enforce the conduct of the forums?: 

I have seen so many aspects of this server. I've been involved in many things in my time here- more then the average player, at least. However, I always come to the conclusion that the forums are the least foreign to me out of everything. I am on here a lot- in free time at home, doing homework, and especially while making posts for various nations. I doubt you will find many people applying that have had a ton of experience prior when it comes to moderating an online forum, especially for a minecraft community, but I have. I will fit into the role already aware of what I have to do, and how to go about doing it. I've been known to be silly at times, but I've also been known to not take crap from people. I will not tolerate the toxicity of some of these players, thus keeping them in line whether they like it or not. As I previously stated,  you're either liked or disliked. Many, many people applying, upon being accepted, fail to realize this and slowly see the truth behind it. In all seriousness, I was nicknamed the Grinch on the forum I ran, because of my no crap policies. When I take the mantle of any moderating role, I uphold it to the best of my abilities. I am not just representing myself, but I am representing the people working alongside me as well.

What characteristics do you posses that makes you stand out from any other applicant?: When representing yourself, as well as others, you really need to take that to heart. Whatever you do can hinder peoples opinions on others. Therefore, respect is a key feature that I truly do possess and can make me stand out from others applying. On top of this, I am always committed. Unlike most, I would be willing to stay up late in order to deal with having to end bursts of toxicity here and there, as well as keep an eye on the forums whenever I'm available. Every morning I take a train to school- chances are I don't have good enough signal to stream the next episode of GOT, so I often find myself shifting through the forums in hopes of finding something relevant to me. This may allow me to get a lot more time on the forums then others, even if it leaves me with a dead phone before I get home. This really does show commitment, because I can as easily go ping my friends on discord or skype, or even via group chats until they answer.

Are there members of the current Forum Moderation Team that you do not get along with or see a problem with working with in the future? If so, what is it that could hinder your ability to work together. Remember, this is a team and working together is the main foundation of a team.: Not at all. In fact, I see myself working very well with many of the members of this team, such as Paleo.

How long do you plan to stay on the team?: As long as possible, but a month or two at the least.

Are there any extra things you'd like to mention?: I'm not creative with colors, don't attack me yet.

Charismatic, helpful and an overall nice guy to be around.

+1!

Dedicated helper +1

He's a friendly guy to have around, most definitely up to the task. I think he'd do great as an addition to the FM team. + 1

Accepted.