The forums have been updated to IPS Community Version 4.2.2 - We're still working on improving the theme for everyone to enjoy so please hang tight. We will also hopefully have new features soon to share with you all.

Welcome to The Lord Of The Craft

We're currently the #1 Minecraft Roleplaying Server, fitted with custom plugins, a unique crafting system, custom character cards and an incredibly active and passionate community; We're serious about Roleplay and we're always eager for new faces!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

dogbew

[Accepted] dogbew's Forum Application

2 posts in this topic

Minecraft Username(s):
dogbew

Time Zone:
Eastern Standard (EST)

Discord:
dogbew#7423

Have you been previously banned (be it a forum or server ban) and under what circumstances did you receive this ban?:
I have not been previously banned

Have you ever received warning points and what actions were committed to receive such points?:
I have not received any warning points.

Moderating the forums is a very time dependant staff position. How much time, on average, would you be able to dedicate to moderating?:
5-6 hours a day (6pm to 11pm EST) on weekdays, and the whole day weekends.

What experience do you have using the LotC forums or any forum in general?:
I frequently use the LOTC forums, and I administrated everything from the forum front end with page design and dealing with player warnings and records, to the forum back end with managing forum layout as well as individual permissions for groups, ext. on the Aethier Server. That server also uses Invision Power for their forums, so the changeover should be minimal.

What does it mean to be a Forum Moderator, in your own words? What responsibilities does the Forum Moderator have to carry out  in order to successfully do their job?: 
From my understanding it is the duty of a forum moderator to keep watch over the forums, in the form of moderating content that players post in status updates as well as in threads on the forums; and uphold the forum rules listed here: https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/163258-forum-rules/.

Have you ever held a staff position here on LotC? Do you currently hold any other staff positions? If so, list them and highlight something about the team that you enjoyed/enjoy.:
I have never held a staff position on LoTC.

Why should you be a Forum Moderator? What can you bring forward to the team that allows you to moderate and enforce the conduct of the forums?:
I should be a forum moderator because I have a general sense of morality as well as ample free time. I have complete confidence that I would be capable of bringing a mature and thoughtful addition to the forum team, with an interest in solving problems rather than simply handing out punishment.
Obviously no one wants to sit around and click through forums all day, but in my time in previous communities I spent a majority of my time dealing with interpersonal issues. I’ve found that not only am I pretty good at solving said issues, but I also get very bored during the day without that timesink in my life. There’s only so many times you can go mining, watch a movie, or refresh the lotc forums before you realize that you should really be doing something productive.

What characteristics do you posses that makes you stand out from any other applicant?:
I have a wealth of experience in dealing with interpersonal issues, everything from small disputes to solving major issues for players.
I have a calm demeanor, quick to learn and slow to act.
I know where the lines are. I don’t get too wrapped up in things, and take my job seriously while also understanding when enough is enough, and that every situation is a unique occurrence and needs to be dealt with in turn.

Are there members of the current Forum Moderation Team that you do not get along with or see a problem with working with in the future? If so, what is it that could hinder your ability to work together. Remember, this is a team and working together is the main foundation of a team.:
There are many FM team members that I do not know, and a few that I do. I don't know how they feel about me, but what I do know is that I hold no contempt for any of them.

How long do you plan to stay on the team?:
I plan on staying on the team for as long as I can contribute effectively. For the time being, the way that my school and work schedule work out I have ample time for this position. In the future, if I no longer have the time to dedicate to the position I’ll be more than willing to vacate my spot to someone who does. 

Are there any extra things you'd like to mention?:  
No.

Accepted.