[Shelved][✓] Archon Addition - Vulnerability of the Voidscarred

Zarsies

n_e_g_e_n_s_by_y_mir-d7dyb7f.jpg

“Sometimes insanity comes knocking. Other times, it tears down the walls.”
-The ravings of an Archon as it descended into madness.

Corrupted Archons

Vulnerability lies in eternity; the eternal, susceptible. For Time may wear one calloused and grim. Endless and unfathomable like the Void they embody, an Archon is susceptible to falling to the throes of madness for their existence is a paradox and can be made right by the ways of the world. Archons are mortals, things born of order, who have been scarred by the epitome of chaos and change and thus are a living contradiction, order and chaos bound in one; therefore, they walk a tightrope, and to fall into the great power that looms is to fall into true, raving, berserk madness and insanity. All that is needed is a little push.

An Archon may be throttled into the mania and madness inherent in their source of power that is as well mirrored in that which pushes them into it; taint. Corrupted Archons are made from an Archon in their transcendent form who becomes tainted with darkness and shadow, a product of Shade taint, Necromancy taint, or Iblees taint. 

Effects of Corruption

The invasion of madness first infects the transcendent form by planting a seed of corruption into its heart. Over the course of a year the seed will slowly bud, causing distortions in the mind and personality of transcendent form respective to the ailments of the taint source; a shadefather’s taint gives the Archon shade-like mental traits, a necromancer’s taint gives the Archon necromancer-like mental traits, and so on with Ibleesian taint and the agent which implants it. As the bud sprouts more madness ensues until the transcendent form has its own unique personality which antagonizes and disassociates with the coil form. This can, for example, include a violent, abusive transcendent form or a depressive, self harming transcendent form.

Slowly the transcendent form will seek to take over the coil form, causing a rift between the two with a struggle for control where the coil will progressively weaken until they break and the transcendent form steals control and the coil personality is given a passenger seat, the transcendent personality controlling both forms; this follows the premise of a shade-like twisting of the transcendent personality where it becomes antagonizing.

Signs of a corrupted Archon include first a shift in the transcendent form’s aura wherein it is darkened, perverted, and the opposite color or drastically changed compared to its normal aura as well as occultist features including bags under the eyes, paling, twitching, lighter hair, and so on. Once the transcendent personality has overtaken the coil personality, usually, the course of 3 years, their transcendent’s aura shifts into the coil’s aura, both becoming one, as well as an equal shift in intense eye color and glowing veins. Veins around the eyes of corrupted Archons in the final stage, the takeover, are more vibrant and intense.

Purging Corruption

To purge an Archon is to drain it of its mana through alteration or Fi’ magic or have it purged by cleansing or holy magics which can remove diseases or sicknesses. Demanifesting does not stop or remove an Archon’s corruption.

Red Lines

-Corrupted Archons are no stronger in any fashion than normal Archons. Corruption is solely a disadvantage to the character and turn in roleplay motive for the sake of inciting change and conflict.

-An aura change must be made to be drastically different than the normal Archon aura.

Inspirational Art

20ee08c44ae0183d84eeef84f2789bd5.jpg

e2c13857f689ca7a5424a8adc3d98b70.jpg

be25cd07d05c8276cbd63c2e009faf54.jpg

THANK YOU DADDY PHIL FOR YOUR ADVICE AND CONSENT FOR MY HOT GARBAGE WRITING

Idk how you have this much time to write stuff, but glad that you do.

I like the dynamic play being offered and I guess having a weakness to life spindling magic makes sense that taint-like substances put in their heart could program their Voidscarred frame more twisted. The taint could only be planted in their coil and then slowly takes over the transcendental form, I understand that right? I suppose that has to be the only way without taint sticking to inorganic things if I remember taint right.

Can I recommend that tainting an archon cannot be done VIA necromancy? Necromancers have a lot of abilities already and giving them another will slowly give them more power overall. 

Other then that, I do believe this is a nice addition.

Real interesting! Keep popping out that good stuff, homie.

I'm not big on dark magic shenanigans, but Necromancy always seemed like a body-based magic. Maybe tainting should be done through soul puppetry/mysticism/something else? Aside for that, great lore.

1 hour ago, SuperDuckyGamer said:

Maybe tainting should be done through soul puppetry

Sadly, soul puppetry doesn't use taint through magic, and only works on objects that have some sort of soul / soul blueprint.

My only complain is that the Archons are the only powerful neutral choice, no dark and not holy, this could give even more power to the dark side.

1 hour ago, Suxals said:

My only complain is that the Archons are the only powerful neutral choice, no dark and not holy, this could give even more power to the dark side.

Wait till you see the holy archons...

3 hours ago, Suxals said:

Azdrazi and kind of Striga are as well. Also, this lends no "power" to any "side". Corrupted Archons hold no allegiance or inherent synergy with a "side". This lore's effect is solely to the point of allowing for roleplay-inducing weaknesses to Archons.

2 minutes ago, Zarsies said:

Azdrazi and kind of Striga are as well. Also, this lends no "power" to any "side". Corrupted Archons hold no allegiance or inherent synergy with a "side". This lore's effect is solely to the point of allowing for roleplay-inducing weaknesses to Archons.

I know and i like the lore and how it is written, but sometimes the theory and the practise are different, i just think that they could use it as a /excuse/ to be spooky, anyways it would be roleplay development for them and thats not bad.

1 hour ago, Suxals said:

I know and i like the lore and how it is written, but sometimes the theory and the practise are different, i just think that they could use it as a /excuse/ to be spooky, anyways it would be roleplay development for them and thats not bad.

abcabcabcabc

The thought here is akin to a golem going red, minus the literal coloration. 

There's not an intention to be spooky here, just unstable and troubled greatly. If an Archon wants to be spooky they will but this doesn't enable that by matter of choice. This is a forced weakness any Archon can befall; any non-masochist or non-suicidal character would desperately try to avoid this fate because it's not at all beneficial and only serves to hurt. I hope that makes sense, I'm sleep deprived ;-;

Sure just seems like further nudging the only neutral arcane endgame towards further madness and dark tendencies. As much as the forced 'weakness' is meant to offer roleplay, it offers forced dark roleplay for a neutral entity. Though what does it matter if all the archons may be fine with it anyway?