Morganosaurus Rex

[Fast Travel] Let's lessen the amount of it, okay?

So, fast travel, you go to cloud temple, hop onto the Ceru boat, go up the road 2m and hop on a cart and now you're at Sutica

So, fast travel, you go to cloud temple, you get on the boat to Tahn, you can now access p much every single capital, although some have a little bit more of a run than others, it's short, brief and you could probably get a halt voided because they were 'fast travel camping'

Everyone on Axios is really ***** lazy, I remember during the westerlands, in the middle of no-where people were getting mugged and killed, nowadays though? You can hop on a cart and POOF you're where you want to be, maybe not on this map, but definitely on the next, please raise the price of Fast travels. I mean, you built a giant map that no-one even visits, because we only find the rp in the places we spend an overly long trip to getting, via a boat or a cart, it's lazy, it ruins immersion and people who want to do crime roleplay.

People can't do crimes in cities because they get murdered in 3s flat

But they can't do crime in roads and travel methods, because no-one even goes through them.

-An IMmerSIVe PerSonN

I mean, running wise 5 minutes is a long time and if everyone had to travel to a place or so, there'd actually be road-side rp.

https://gyazo.com/1187abfa12777de581de1b8b8a9c6d58

This is Tahn.

Say hello to Tahn.

Of Tahn

There are 2-3 active cities

Now

the large mountains? Un-used,

90% of the wood elf forest? Un-used,

That weird bit between high elves and the library of dragur? Un-used,

I could go on,

But alas, I have

Gone on too long.

We tried this at the beginning of Axios. It didn't work and walking was an absolute torture. Maybe, if they make the next map the size of Tahn and Tahn alone (maybe even smaller), and there'd be 2-3 active RP places, this will work. Otherwise, nope

8 minutes ago, SuperDuckyGamer said:

We tried this at the beginning of Axios. It didn't work and walking was an absolute torture. Maybe, if they make the next map the size of Tahn and Tahn alone (maybe even smaller), and there'd be 2-3 active RP places, this will work. Otherwise, nope

There were no carts in Antbos and we were fine

Fast travel kills roleplay and encounters.  How am I supposed to do highwayman RP when kids have a magical safespace?  If you want a way for people to get around easier, remove the limitations on the soulstone slots based on time played.  People would be able to get from Sutica to Devirad, but they'd no longer be protected by monks or GM reports when you wanted to RP at the no longer existent hubs.

Imagine this: You're a merchant with a hefty wallet and an even heftier midsection.  A rather stingy man who is quite vocal about saving some mina.  This time the local mercenary got fed up with your **** and told you to piss off and he that wasn't gonna walk you over to Adelburg to sell your fine wares for fifty mina.  Fine.  You can walk your own damn self.  Just get a bow since there are over a thousand on the auction house at all times for less than 20 mina.

So here you are, walking to Adelburg from Sutica with an inventory of fine player signed items that your old mercenary buddy probably got from PvPing RPers, and here comes a bunch of dark elf thugs.  They remember you and that smug face when you offered their eWives some eRP for a few eMoney. 

"That **** doesn't fly," they said. 

You'd raise that crappy 20 mina bow at them and remember that your cheap self didn't actually buy any arrows. 

It was at that moment you heard the words, "Mina or die."

Edited by Dardonas

You are aware that lessening the amount of fast travel connections will be generally disruptive to rp, seeing how the fast travel system is (atleast in part) ment to facilitate rp in otherwise hard to reach settlements. Reducing the amount of fast travel connections means people would need to start thinking up reasons for their charachters to travel to and be in new rp hubs instead of staying in their home settlement since they would become starved of players and citizens overtime.

I agree with lessening fast travels; it's a bit.. over the top as it currently is.

I'd love to see a map where we start off with something small, allowing cities and settlements to begin their creation in a condensed area. Then over time and through world story progression, the map would allow further exploration and settling.

This would sort of ensure that all racial cities and major settlements start off close to one another (within a reasonable walking distance), getting rid of the overabundant necessity for fast travels.

overlord, by lowering the amount of fast-travels, people can't just

As I will now refer to it as '*****-jump'

*****-jump, to different locations. This forces them to actually walk, interact with the world more, see more things.

Like hardly anyone knows about the cool forests on the map, or that small tribe of orcs that has become inactive

Or jasper the cat's hut.

People don't go from place to place seeing now things

Peopel go from cart to city, seeing the same shite.

Secondly, to add, people getting hard-to-reach areas, should have knowledge that it'd probably be hard-to get to.

If it's on a small island off the coast, yeah sure get a FT boat, between the shore and their island

Not a cart that stops a 3 min journey to the library of dragur, or a 5 minute horse-ride to the elves.

People should adventure, the map becomes useless if people just rp in like 3 cities.

1 minute ago, Morganosaurus Rex said:

overlord, by lowering the amount of fast-travels, people can't just

As I will now refer to it as '*****-jump'

*****-jump, to different locations. This forces them to actually walk, interact with the world more, see more things.

Like hardly anyone knows about the cool forests on the map, or that small tribe of orcs that has become inactive

Or jasper the cat's hut.

People don't go from place to place seeing now things

Peopel go from cart to city, seeing the same shite.

People also dont know the massive ******* gate with acid river **** and a magic-circle thing filling the entire sky right by the welves.. i literally get on sometimes just to explore, discovered that one yesterday

Oh yeah that, I saw that, the weird green river stuff made of glass right?

Also, good example of stuff people aren't seeing.

It also reduces Events, I mean the only reason people leave cities nowadays is to go on some, long ass boring adventure, to do a 5 min event.

Roadside events, events were people can find

Stuff like that.

Edited by Morganosaurus Rex

6 minutes ago, overlord2305 said:

You are aware that lessening the amount of fast travel connections will be generally disruptive to rp, seeing how the fast travel system is (atleast in part) ment to facilitate rp in otherwise hard to reach settlements. Reducing the amount of fast travel connections means people would need to start thinking up reasons for their charachters to travel to and be in new rp hubs instead of staying in their home settlement since they would become starved of players and citizens overtime.

See, the thing is is there is also too many settlements.  If every clique on this server is able to get obscure land it spreads everything too thin.  I think this is being addressed in the new map if I recall.  You obviously would not want to mess with things on the current map in terms of fast travels, that'd be too heavyhanded against players who have done nothing wrong but owned land.  But when you go to Tahn and see 20+ carts its a bit overkill.  I've played on the server for around 4 months now, and I still don't know half the destinations in Tahn and I'm not really concerned with finding a bunch of half-finished builds that died out because RP was dead there.

I'm not saying to abolish fast travel, but use it within reason and get rid of cart hubs.