[✗] [Lore Submission][Voidal] The Effects of the Void on Nature

senor_tortuga

Yeah, stratum already exists. It also can provide cool rp. I remember the Stratum in Vailor, and how Pandann did an Eventline out of it. There arw things like Voidhollows too, which again, are products of a lotta voidal **** ups. 

3 hours ago, The Fire Mind said:

Yeah, stratum already exists. It also can provide cool rp. I remember the Stratum in Vailor, and how Pandann did an Eventline out of it. There arw things like Voidhollows too, which again, are products of a lotta voidal **** ups. 

And this stuff is awesome without strictly enforcing what it offers. We have what this lore does and many other options to choose from. Druids don't need a counter to all voidal mages. Phillipz rewrite this lore for the OP.

Everyone before me sums it up nicely. The nature-ruining voidal mage niche exists, enforcing it just limits creativity. I don't see a reason for this.

21 hours ago, LeoRabbit99 said:

I'm not fond of where this is going. I'm find with it as it stands but despite you saying otherwise, I easily see this developing into a way in which the druids create lore to make their characters look like the heroes and the mages look like ****. There's already a good argument to be made on both fronts. Keep it that way instead of giving yourself empowerment through ooc lore writing because you want your character to be right.

I'd like to clarify once again, since I probably came off too criticizing, that imo this lore is fine where it is now. I just think we should just be particularly cautious to not take it too far.

Reading the comments here and the base of this lore. Voidal magic in and of itself is something that nature of this realm does not like. It's not necessarily druidism but the world as a whole. Mainly given voidal magic isn't apart of this realm, it's pulled from the void then dissappears again. As such, there have been creations made and areas destroyed given a mass amount of voidal magics or energies that have occurred. We can take a look at other lore pieces involving voidal magics or creations. Some devastating, some harmless. But with each piece, it's around the same. Nature isn't fond of it. 

This isn't so much as 'voidal mages are just as bad as dark mages'. That's a general point of view with each character. Voidal mages are seen as discovers, scholars, explorers, etc and many loved delving into their arts. Their magics, like any other, does have a counter magic where something doesn't like it.

This piece right here I'm reading and not really seeing it as druids taking out voidal mages. More a way to use, I'm assuming blight healing given land cleanse, to help restore the land destroyed by a mass amount of voidal energy. Which if so, wouldn't bother voidal mages at all given it only works on plants and animals. 

The smoke of one fire burning will be gone in a day, taken by clouds and put back in its place.

The smog of all London is many times worse; It blocks out the sky, and accumulates.

The luddites respected one who lit a fire for himself. They hated the machines that pumped out smog far more than one man's share.

It's debatable whether 'the entire world' hates voidal magic. If it weren't for the Void the world wouldn't exist whatsoever, Delmo. It's a bit of a stretch to say something like that, and not entirely fair. The Aspects and thus the Nature they control may dislike unnatural usage of the Void, but one has to realize even they as Aengudaemons have to utilize the Void for their powers. The Void and the world are not totally divisible things in concept, they are two sides of the same coin.

EDIT: Further, what I mean by unnatural usage of the Void. The Void has a role to play in the general existence of reality and the capability for many astrological functions to work properly. Those are natural usages. Unnatural usage would be some random mortal connecting with it to bend reality to their whim, if you were to ask the Aspects' opinion at least.

Thank you for submitting your piece! This is now under review and you can expect a verdict in roughly a week.

Normally I'd write more detailed criticism but I just agree with BNK. However, I am much less angry about it than he is.

This Lore has been denied. Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.