[✗] [✓] Ferals: Protectors of the Thistle (Resubmission)

_Sug

3 hours ago, Youngie5500 said:

Stop upvoting every +1, Sug! You sad pathetic loser!

(I love you)

But I'm not.... It's other people.

(I love you too)

Thank you for submitting your piece! This is now under review and you can expect a verdict in roughly a week.

Wait hold on so: The woodsman decided to camp not inside, but RIGHT outside the cave, without actually checking what is inside. Like "oh here's a scary dark cavern which might have bears or w/e but let's just sleep right next to it."

And... Morea transformed hunters into wolf-beings to protect the forest from hunters, but the fear of ferals just caused MORE hunters to show up and hunt inside the forest.

These hunters are not the brightest folk.

Anyway I love some good werewolf lore. You had to tiptoe a dangerous balance I think with what classical werewolf elements should exist and which should not. But your selection is great I think, retaining the silver element but unfortunately not the moon element. Also a list of weaknesses almost as long as the original lore to combat the skepticism, but alas that is probably necessary.

Kinda weird though how to become a feral you have to drink THEIR blood instead of the other way around. But I suppose with OOC consent and CAs and creator approval (which I conceptually dislike but ok) it is the best option to make it work.

panter_and_wolf_love.jpg?1460482691

-A kha and a feral after a savage night -circa 2017.

I love the idea. +1

I'm a little disappointed that one would be forced to remain part of a larger pack after being turned. It would be interesting to expand the lore so it's possible to become an outcast but have some kind of added affliction/downside as a result, to function in such a way that one is then forced to be solitary and isolated from the pact in order to survive or to keep this added curse from consuming them from within. I would gladly do a contribution in this regard, but it's not my submission and I'm not familiarized with how these go, so... I guess that's that.

Edited by Adelaide Douglas

On 10/28/2017 at 10:04 PM, Suxals said:

panter_and_wolf_love.jpg?1460482691

-A kha and a feral after a savage night -circa 2017.

I love the idea. +1

I-I don't even want to try and brain this out.

I'm sure more support isn't needed at this point, but I too +1 this lore and have been talking to my main man Sug about it in private a lot.

On 31/10/2017 at 11:35 PM, AstralGoddess said:

It could become similar to frost witches, in how they have their separate coverns that are enclosed and generally unfriendly (from what I've read) to other coverns. Considering this pack has an alpha, a challenge could also be conducted by one of the lower werewolves to take over, and the alpha then outcast?

Curious theories.

+1 make me a wolf daddy

Yes! That sounds more like it!

We've had cat people for too long, dog people deserve a chance too, etc.

This Lore has been accepted. Moved to Implemented Lore, it will be sorted to it's appropriate category soon.

Ferals, after a discussion amongst the LT, require changes to be made. There are a few points to address here, but the team was majorly in favor of a rewrite to this creature. The biggest issue raised was that these creatures are just a powerboost to the nature-focused playerbase, applying shapeshifting at a very low level of investment with very few downsides while their niche/purpose is already fulfilled by druids. Additionally, there are inconsistencies between what is in the lore and what is RP’d, such as people rp’ing boons in their untransformed state when that shouldn’t be the case and needs to be firmly addressed in the lore if you’re aiming to have it by a hybrid creature. Vagueness in the lore, specifically around challenges, was also raised. Some people are operating under the belief that a challenge must be accepted while others believe challenges can be denied, but the lore doesn’t go in-depth on these challenges at all. A month is being given for a fix that tries to address the issues to be presented, otherwise the creature will be hard shelved and those that are Ferals will be reverted back to their normal state.

This lore has been moved to the Pending Fixes subforum. No further Ferals may be made during this following month, until the issues are fixed.

This Lore has been denied. The reasoning will be edited into this comment shortly.

Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.