[Completed][Completed] Playable Skeletons, yay or nay?

Tide1

Playable Skeletons, Yay or nay? (Darkstalkers and Liches not included, this is for weak, non-magical skeletons)  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Yay or nay?

• Yay, Skeletons are fun!
    • No, i like the current Skeletons we have! (Not real ones but.. y'know they're still Bone-men, Darkstalkers and liches have hearts OK!?)

So, recently it struck me that Skeletons aren't actualy playable, only Darkstalkers, Liches and occasionaly some Skeleton bodies for a necromancer. It saddens me that one cannot be a simple, plain skeleton without being a super powerfull warrior or a 'wise' Wizard. Why can we not have weak skeletons playable by people? Some may deem it unnecessary (Probably butchered that word) with the amount of spooks we have roaming around but i don't. I think it would be a great addition to hand these feeble, fun creatures into the hand of players. Although they do need lore this is something i''m willing to write but i thought i'd make a post on it first to see the results. It's that spooky time of year!

Edited by Tidemanno

I personally like the idea of a weak bad character. 

18 hours ago, ✗ ≬ ≬ ♏αɟεoℓog ≬ ≬ ✗ said:

I personally like the idea of a weak bad character. 

;) This is to find out if i should write lore for playable skeletons and if the community supports it, as a lot of people wish to play humorous, weak, clever skeletons without being an undead tank or an undead Gandalf. 

Could always write them as some kind of variation on ghouls, ye? I personally feel like the lack of working-class skeletons in LotC is very jarring.

I would suggest having skeletons that are the equivalent to ghouls in the sense that they have no free will but can use weapons, armor and have higher levels of intelligence then ghouls making them preferred foot soldiers. I would also raise the capacity for the amount of undead a necromancer can actively create from five to twenty with the ability to "share" their creations with other necromancers so cabals can have active armies to throw at darkstalkers.

This thread has been deemed inactive and the debate concluded. If you feel this was mistake, please contact a moderator.